Drive Belt replacement - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Performance > Car Care / General Maintenance / DIY > 1st Gen - Car Care, ...

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

My Ride: 2006 ABP & 2011 CBP Wagon
endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

Thumbs up Drive Belt replacement

Guys,

Just replaced my drive belt on my 06. First off, very very easy to do. Stealership quoted me $175 total for parts and labor. I purchased the belt myself for $55.

Honda Part #- 38920-RBB-E03

and with the help of this guy:

install took all of 5-8 mins, taking my time. I would suggest if you have the $$ to purchase this tool, as it makes life very easy. Schley Tool #68170, for most honda/acuras. works wonders.

just thought i would share my experience.

Currently:
2006 ABP
2011 CBP Tech Wagon
endlesswinterco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: acura/tsx/2005/cgp/at
bluecarbonfiber , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.bluecarbonfiber , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

Didnt realize there was a special tool for the pulley tention bolt.. Way cool =)

PNW TSX facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/groups/1399402250271467
bluecarbonfiber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Acura/TSX/04
dedeman has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.dedeman has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.dedeman has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

Yep, I did my own too. Part was about $60, and I rented the "pulley tension bar" (I think that's what it was called) from Autozone for $0. I had a bit of a time getting it underneath, and back around the tensioner, but it worked out well.
dedeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Donating TSXCLUB Member

My Ride: Acura/TSX/2005
Vegito is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

So how do you do it ? Dealership did mine for 100 including parts and labor.... but I dont think Ill get that rate every time..
05 TSX - Farewell 9.22.2012
Vegito is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
flashprroooooo!!!

My Ride: Acura/TSX/2007
xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

diy would be cool.

i'm thinking mine needs to be replaced soon.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
-

My Ride: TSX/2006/White/6MT
CalgaryTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.CalgaryTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.CalgaryTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.CalgaryTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.CalgaryTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.CalgaryTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.CalgaryTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.CalgaryTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

Don't waste your money on that specialized belt tension tool.

Any standard 14mm combination or offset wrench with a pipe or another wrench on it for leverage works just fine to release the belt tensioner.

This picture is from JTso on A_curazine. He has an excellent DIY UR pulley thread on A_curazine which includes belt changing info.

Search on "JTso's UR underdrive pulleys installation"

CT short shifter. Hondata reflash. RSX-S underdrive crank pulley. M3 lip, debadged.
DIY CAI/K&N filter. DIY exhaust (2nd resonator removed). Progress 22mm RSB.
Summer: 17x7.5, ET50mm Sport Edition's. 225/50ZR17 BFG Super Sport A/S.
Winter: 16x6.5, ET45mm OEM RSX. 195/65R16 Nokian winter radials.

Last edited by CalgaryTSX; 05-08-2010 at 01:51 AM.. Reason: repost picture... Reason: repost picture...
CalgaryTSX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 06 6MT/wnav MR/eb tsx
nj2pa2nc has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.nj2pa2nc has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.nj2pa2nc has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.nj2pa2nc has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.nj2pa2nc has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

how many miles were on your tsx when you replaced the drive belt. The last time I was at the acura dealer they told me not yet-my car had just over 100K miles.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Aluminum member

My Ride: PWP CL9
tsx240 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.tsx240 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlesswinterco View Post
Guys,

Just replaced my drive belt on my 06. First off, very very easy to do. Stealership quoted me $175 total for parts and labor. I purchased the belt myself for $55.

Honda Part #- 38920-RBB-E03

and with the help of this guy:

install took all of 5-8 mins, taking my time. I would suggest if you have the $$ to purchase this tool, as it makes life very easy. Schley Tool #68170, for most honda/acuras. works wonders.

just thought i would share my experience.
did u put the UR pulleys on?
tsx240 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

My Ride: 2006 ABP & 2011 CBP Wagon
endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsx240 View Post
did u put the UR pulleys on?
no, dont have UR pulleys. i changed mine becasue it had 67k on it, and i felt it was time.

Currently:
2006 ABP
2011 CBP Tech Wagon
endlesswinterco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX/2005/White
ScottTSX is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

Loop under alternator pulley

Just wanted to add that it was useful to loop the belt under the alternator pulley right before pulling back tensioner. The belt comes pre-molded to help keep the belt in place. Using clips to hold the belt on is also a good idea.

I used a basic 14 mm wrench inside a metal tube. I kept the wrench in place using a paper towel. I guess I might have used a different wrench to hook to the 14 mm wrench to give me the same leverage.
ScottTSX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement