How do I clean gum off leather seats? - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Performance > Car Care / General Maintenance / DIY > 1st Gen - Car Care, ...

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 06:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Premium Club Member

My Ride: 04 NBP TSX MT
EdmTSX is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

How do I clean gum off leather seats?

My friend accidently got gum on the passenger seat, how would I go about cleaning it? I heard freezing it or using olive oil..any other options for a tan interior?
EdmTSX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 94 civic
franklinhid is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

i would use an icecube to freeze it n scrape it off little by little
franklinhid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Staff: Rank 2
Chief SuperModerator
Marketplace
TOTM 2010

My Ride: 06 ASM
tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.

maybe try goo gone? I use it for sticker residue and other sticky stuff.

tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2011, 03:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Detail DiRTBAG!

My Ride: 2009 Polished Metal TSX
ex-rotary owner has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.ex-rotary owner has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.ex-rotary owner has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.ex-rotary owner has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.ex-rotary owner has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

3M General Adhesive Remover
ex-rotary owner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2011, 10:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
From Nissan to Honda

My Ride: TSX/06/RBP 6MT
din9lebeRrY is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.din9lebeRrY is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.din9lebeRrY is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.din9lebeRrY is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.din9lebeRrY is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.din9lebeRrY is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

I would use the safest techniques and then work your way to the more agressive methods slowly, as we're dealing with leather. it doesnt help that TSX seats are perforated, so stuff like goo gone can really seep in lol. And whatever you do, DONT scrape! lol.

*remove as much as you can by hand, by pinching and pulling it off, when you get to the base thats stuck to the leather:

*Lexol cleaner, hit it up with a applicator pad, scrub it with minimal to medium effort, let the suds soak it up.

*Use a damp microfiber cloth for the rinse portion, scrub that portion down.

With this method I was able to remove pretty much a tattoo mark from the leather lol (heat from sun +plastic cover with imprint logo left on seat glued it onto it).
din9lebeRrY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Tsx/04
04TsxChiq is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekneek View Post
maybe try goo gone? I use it for sticker residue and other sticky stuff.

i would go with this. this stuff is amazing lol it takes everything off ive also used it for sticker residue or to clean my wax machine
04TsxChiq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Club Member

My Ride: 2006 CL9 6MT
whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

+1 on goo gone, however only apply as much as you need so it doesn't seep into the perforated parts because it does have an odour and I wouldn't want it collecting underneath the seat.

This situation should really go into this thread considering what your friend did:

Whats the most annoying thing people do to your TSX?

Past: 2004 IBP TSX 5AT
Present: 2006 ASM TSX 6MT
whatsanacura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Tsx/04
04TsxChiq is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsanacura View Post
+1 on goo gone, however only apply as much as you need so it doesn't seep into the perforated parts because it does have an odour and I wouldn't want it collecting underneath the seat.

This situation should really go into this thread considering what your friend did:

Whats the most annoying thing people do to your TSX?
^ agreed.
04TsxChiq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2011, 12:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
RML-R1
Regional Meet Leader
Toronto

My Ride: SSM CL9
Lexx is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

this is totally a new and priceless thread. lol
Old 06-15-2011, 12:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX
lilbay3 is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Guys is Goo Gone safe to use on bumpers in order to remove tape residue?? would it damage the paint?
lilbay3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2011, 01:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
L.A. > the rest

My Ride: keeps my butt warm
SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

^ it won't damage ur paint. I used it to remove the stubborn adhesive left behind when I debadged my car. Use a microfiber towel and take it easy at first and u should be good to go. If u need to, then a little elbow grease oughta do the trick.
SLIKRIK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2011, 02:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Staff: Rank 2
Chief SuperModerator
Marketplace
TOTM 2010

My Ride: 06 ASM
tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbay3 View Post
Guys is Goo Gone safe to use on bumpers in order to remove tape residue?? would it damage the paint?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIKRIK View Post
^ it won't damage ur paint. I used it to remove the stubborn adhesive left behind when I debadged my car. Use a microfiber towel and take it easy at first and u should be good to go. If u need to, then a little elbow grease oughta do the trick.
I used it when i debadged as well. No damage at all. Just clean it when you're done.
tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX
lilbay3 is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

^^ ok thx
lilbay3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2012 TSX Sport Wagon
carteach is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TsxChiq View Post
i would go with this. this stuff is amazing lol it takes everything off ive also used it for sticker residue or to clean my wax machine

Will it do anything to the dye on the black perforated seats???
carteach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement