Auto Cell Phone Mounts - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Performance > Electronics / Lighting / Sound Systems > 1st Gen - Electronics, ...

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2004, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
hip
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

My Ride: '04 TSX Navi 6-Spd
hip is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.hip is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.hip is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.hip is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.hip is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.hip is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

Auto Cell Phone Mounts

Found this company during a cell phone mount search...

http://www.arkon.com/phonemounts.html
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2004, 12:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Just a little nutty

My Ride: 2004 Acura TSX
Whatchamacallit is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

That begs the question, where do people currently place their cell phones while driving?

I leave it in the upper storage bin just below the center arm rests. Probably not the most convenient location but the rubber mat on it keeps it from slipping and sliding.
Old 03-12-2004, 01:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Just a little nutty

My Ride: 2004 Acura TSX
Whatchamacallit is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Was perusing around the above website and their product line and couldn't resist noticing this neat little toy.

LAVNAV (Lavatory Navigation) Nightlight. Turns on when you approach in the dark. Makes the toilet easy to see at night. "If seat is up, red light shines. If seat is down, green beams shine"

http://www.arkon.com/gadgets.html
Old 03-12-2004, 08:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: acura tsx 2004
johnej is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

I leave mine on the passenger seat tethered to the accessory plug to keep it charged
Old 03-12-2004, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
hip
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

hip is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.hip is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.hip is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.hip is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.hip is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.hip is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

Quote:
Originally posted by Whatchamacallit
Was perusing around the above website and their product line and couldn't resist noticing this neat little toy.

LAVNAV (Lavatory Navigation) Nightlight. Turns on when you approach in the dark. Makes the toilet easy to see at night. "If seat is up, red light shines. If seat is down, green beams shine"

http://www.arkon.com/gadgets.html
WOW - That's Incredible!
I wasn't aware the TSX had that option!!! Now that I know, I'd get the blue to match the TSX lighting...
(sorry - couldn't resist )
Old 03-12-2004, 06:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX
kiteboy is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

I have one of those adjustable side vent-mount things that holds my cell or Etrex Legend. But the rattles when empty so it's not installed unless I need the GPS. The cell normally lives in Not A Cassette Player(tm) or the armrest slot.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
hip
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

Are any of you aware that Honda offers a dealer installed cell phone interface?

It works through the radio by muting the sound when a call comes in and/or you are using it.

I like the idea but a buddy of mine who works at Acura told me the dealers were having some problems with noise (feedback or similar).

I'm still tempted to try it but would hate to go through the time and trouble of the install, only to rip it out if it gave me trouble!?

Will post the install instructions under TSX Gear, if anyone is interested?

Last edited by hip; 03-12-2004 at 09:59 PM..
hip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2004, 10:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
TSX of the Month Winner
TOTM 2008TOTM 2007TOTM 2005

My Ride: Acura/TSX/2004
CCColtsicehockey is a commander of respect from all.CCColtsicehockey is a commander of respect from all.CCColtsicehockey is a commander of respect from all.CCColtsicehockey is a commander of respect from all.CCColtsicehockey is a commander of respect from all.CCColtsicehockey is a commander of respect from all.CCColtsicehockey is a commander of respect from all.CCColtsicehockey is a commander of respect from all.CCColtsicehockey is a commander of respect from all.CCColtsicehockey is a commander of respect from all.CCColtsicehockey is a commander of respect from all.

i would be interested in seeing it
CCColtsicehockey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
~t.sdz

My Ride: TSX/05/SSM/6MT
CraZie has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.CraZie has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.CraZie has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.CraZie has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.CraZie has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

bumpppppppppppppppppppppppp

everyone post up pics of your vent/dash/cup mounts for your mobile phoneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Guess what!? I got a fever and the only prescription.. is more COWBELL!

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1216816_o.gif
CraZie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2011, 07:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
I <3 My CL9

My Ride: 06 NBP CL9
pjotsx is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.pjotsx is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.pjotsx is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.pjotsx is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.pjotsx is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.pjotsx is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.pjotsx is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazie View Post
bumpppppppppppppppppppppppp

everyone post up pics of your vent/dash/cup mounts for your mobile phoneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
pjotsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
hip
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

Cool

Wow! I'd forgotten all about this one, talk about dredging one up from the past...

Just noticed something else, wait for it... looks like I finally just hit my 1,000th post! That was quick

(LOL, almost 7 years to the month)

Last edited by hip; 01-22-2011 at 08:05 PM..
hip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
~t.sdz

CraZie has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.CraZie has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.CraZie has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.CraZie has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.CraZie has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip View Post
Wow! I'd forgotten all about this one, talk about dredging one up from the past...

Just noticed something else, wait for it... looks like I finally just hit my 1,000th post! That was quick

(LOL, almost 7 years to the month)
Hey you!!!!
loll

Old 02-11-2011, 06:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
~t.sdz

Amazon.com: Mountek MT5000 CD Slot Mount - Universal Hands Free Car Mount for Cell Phones, Satellite Radios & GPS Devices: Electronics

Sponsored Links
Advertisement