Acura TSX Forum banner

Quality Aftermarket Headlight Replacements?

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  DanOst86 
#1 ·
Hey guys, Im new here and my headlights housings are worn down. Was thinking of changing them out but seems like all the replacement headlight housings out there have low ratings. Any ideas?

If not, I'll just restore my stock ones but just thought I'd ask. Thanks.

#2 ·
I would just restore them and put some Xpel or some other clear bra over the headlights. If you look on the internet, people pay good money for the projectors in our headlights as an upgrade. Based on that, I think you would have a hard time finding an aftermarket that comes close. FYI, the TSX headlights blow away the ones in my E92 BMW bar none.

Plus, this would cost the least amount of dollars by far.

#3 ·
I used a Meguiars headlight restoration kit then put the XPEL clear covers on.
It's easier to do if you take the headlights off the car.
I did this when it was colder out and the fog/moisture under the XPEL took forever to finally dissipate. It kind of fogs up a little here and there after you put them on then stays for a while. I think if you do it when it's warmer out and you let them cook in the sun after the install the fog goes away faster.

#5 ·
I used the Wipe New headlight restore from Walmart around $10 to restore my headlights to new. No power tools or anything needed, simple and easy instructions to follow, everything is included in the box. Restored my headlights done about a year ago and they still are holding up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.