radio locked - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Performance > Electronics / Lighting / Sound Systems > 1st Gen - Electronics, ...

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 08:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2005 tsx
rayj05 is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

radio locked

hey whats up well like i said the radio is locked on my 05 AT my wife went and got the battery changed and now she says the radio wont work and it says error on it. So what im thinking is that it needs the code put it to unlock it. Do i just call the dealer with the VIN so that they can give me that code. Thanks
rayj05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2007, 09:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: acura/tsx/2006
nyc06tsx is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.nyc06tsx is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.nyc06tsx is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.nyc06tsx is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.nyc06tsx is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.nyc06tsx is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

you should find that on the owners manual.. it looks like a business card.. put that number on the radio and it will unlock it..
Old 12-17-2007, 09:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

My Ride: Lexus IS300
VorteC is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.VorteC is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.VorteC is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.VorteC is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.VorteC is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.VorteC is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.VorteC is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.VorteC is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.VorteC is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.VorteC is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.VorteC is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.

It should be in that leather case that has all your roadside assistance, manual, quickstart, warranty and all that paperwork.. it's in one of the pockets.

if it's not there, just call the dealer or drop by the dealer and they will tell you.
VorteC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2007, 02:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2005 tsx
rayj05 is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

i thought that it was in there but my wife said that she cant find it. IM still here in korea for another three weeks so thats why i was asking if the dealer can pull i tthrough the VIN number so that she can get it through them
rayj05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2007, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 05 acura tsx
hondatek05tsx is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

the dealer can not pull it from the vin they will need the serial number of the radio it self. if you contact the selling dealer they may have it on file if not you will have to try it another way .

if she entered the code wrong too many times it will lock the radio if that happens you will have to drain the capicitors in the radio in order to try again, if she did enter the code wrong too many times you can reset the radio by removing both positive and neg. battery cables and holding them together for 5 mins or so . this will reset the radio and you can insert the proper code.
hondatek05tsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Club Member

My Ride: Acura/TSX/04
Guanacoracing is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

Open and check the glove box left side (side closest to driver). In my 04 I could find stickers on the left side with the radio code.
Guanacoracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
TSX of the Month Winner
TOTM 2008

My Ride: 05 Nhp/At/Navi.
HONDATSX is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HONDATSX is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HONDATSX is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HONDATSX is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HONDATSX is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HONDATSX is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HONDATSX is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HONDATSX is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HONDATSX is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guanacoracing
Open and check the glove box left side (side closest to driver). In my 04 I could find stickers on the left side with the radio code.

yep! i have the sticker on my 05, the four digit #is the radio code... and the 5 digit is the navi.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Acura/TSX/2004
Zakaria103 is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

open the hood look on the driver side next to fuse box... open the smaller box u will find 2 stickers inside the cover the short set of numbers is ur radio code. no need to go to a dealer.. they will charge u labor for taking out the radio

Let me know if u need more help finding it
Zakaria103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 05 TSX
Luded is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Zakaria103 are you SERIOUS ??? That's the first I've heard of that the radio code would be there. I'll check my car later today just out of curiosity.
Luded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luded
Zakaria103 are you SERIOUS ??? That's the first I've heard of that the radio code would be there. I'll check my car later today just out of curiosity.
yeah once i took my car for service at this place and they left my lights on while key in the ignition so the battery went dead..i tryed the code on the book but didn't work. i bought my car from out of state and i called my old dealer and i told him what happend. and we showed me where it was.. i can send u pics if u can't find it to show u where its at.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Aloha Army

My Ride: Automatic
kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.

yup... glove box....best place to look....
Old 01-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 05 TSX
Luded is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Thumbs up

Zakaria103 sure if you dont' mind post a pic on the this thread I'm sure everyone can benefit from this. thanks
Luded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

My Ride: 05 Auto ABP
Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luded
Zakaria103 sure if you dont' mind post a pic on the this thread I'm sure everyone can benefit from this. thanks

ya +1

I could of used that last weekend

Cheap Stuff: Intake resonator removed, Blackout all chrome, Painted hood trim, M3 trunk lip, Lamin-X

Not really cheap: 15% tint, JDM Outer Tails =), Brembo Blanks, Hawk HPS pads, iSimple, SPC camber kits (front and rear), PW:JDM fogs
Pacemaker_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Member

here u go hope its the same for u guys.. the dealer showed me this and it works everytime i use it..

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

hope the pictures are clear enough .... P.S ON the sticker use the smaller number .. there is 2 numbers in the sticker use to smallest number
Old 01-15-2008, 02:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Member

did anyone try it yet ? if so did it work ? just wondering
Sponsored Links
Advertisement