usb flash drive question - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Performance > Electronics / Lighting / Sound Systems > 1st Gen - Electronics, ...

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 01:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: none yet
gab2409 is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

usb flash drive question

I have an 09 tsx (non-tech), and a 16 gb flash drive coming. I know to format it to FAT, but have a question about organization.

are the files on the drive organized by the head unit by ID3 tags, or does it have to do with the physical folders that they are in? I know mp3 players use the ID3 tags, but didn't know if the head unit had that kind of system.

thanks in advance!
gab2409 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2008, 02:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Low Is A Lifestyle

My Ride: Acura TSX/2004/ CGP
i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

the 09 has a usb port??

High End Performance x SolFresh

PM me for products from Mackin Industries, Cusco, J's Racing, CT-Engineering, Weds/Weds Sport, Work Wheels, Bride, Varis, Veilside, Seibon, SSR, Tanabe, Powerhouse Amuse and more...
i2ide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2008, 02:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: none yet
gab2409 is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

yep...it's in the console, near the AUX input and power outlet.
gab2409 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2008, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT Navi
2K6TSX has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.2K6TSX has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.2K6TSX has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.2K6TSX has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.2K6TSX has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

I wish I had that..aux isn't cutting it for me
2K6TSX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2008, 03:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Low Is A Lifestyle

My Ride: Acura TSX/2004/ CGP
i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

thats cool

High End Performance x SolFresh

PM me for products from Mackin Industries, Cusco, J's Racing, CT-Engineering, Weds/Weds Sport, Work Wheels, Bride, Varis, Veilside, Seibon, SSR, Tanabe, Powerhouse Amuse and more...
i2ide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2008, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2008 Acura TSX AT Navi
BSoares is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

I'm sure you'll have to add files to a folder instead of the root because FAT32 has limitations and can only see 256 files on the root.

Now as for the 2009 TSX requirements, I can't speak but it will be nice to have 16GB there These drives are cheap now. I saw 32GB going for $47 at newegg last Friday.
BSoares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2008, 10:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
A Weird Asian Dude

My Ride: IS350/06/Crystal White/
wierdazndude , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.wierdazndude , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.wierdazndude , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

wow i didnt know it had a usb flash drive... im getting more and more jealous
Old 02-02-2009, 01:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2006 TSX Alabaster Silver Metallic
Jetspeed is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

So the question I have, is there anything we 04-08 peeps can do to have a USB interface? Like the iSimple but for USB??
Jetspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement