Swapping Rear door speakers to replace rear deck speaker - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Performance > Electronics / Lighting / Sound Systems > 1st Gen - Electronics, ...

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX/2005/RED
kalinboi92-TSX is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

Swapping Rear door speakers to replace rear deck speaker

I was thinking of taking out my tsx's rear deck 6x9 (all bass) speaker and somehow run the wires from the rear door speakers to some 3 way 6x9s in their place. anyone ever tried this?

let me know what you think because i really want to try but im not too sure if the amount of watts pushing the door speakers would be enough to push aftermarket 3 way 6x9's.

Thankss
kalinboi92-TSX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2011, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2005 CGP
Hawkins21 is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

my oem speakers dont just make bass. aftermarket 3-ways will, and from what i have read, as long as you do a 2-way 6x9 they too will be full range.
Hawkins21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX/05/Silver
Miggs is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins21 View Post
my oem speakers dont just make bass. aftermarket 3-ways will, and from what i have read, as long as you do a 2-way 6x9 they too will be full range.
Wait a sec, so your OEM 6x9's dont only play bass? mine only do & the doors play mids & highs. Its kinda annoying for the rear pass to sit and listen to a bunch of bass so I too was thinking of replacing with a 2 or 3 way 6x9 in the rear.
Miggs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Member

is your audio set up stock? because from what ived researched, the back 6x9s are bass only. and thats exactly how mines is which is why i am trying to find a way to change that
Old 04-06-2011, 08:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Staff: Rank 5
Performance

My Ride: TSX/05/CGP
tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

they are bass only, the oem amps have crossovers in them, if you do this you need to install a sub in the trunk and use the SPLO of the org. deck speakers for the sub, if you dont get a sub youll be missing a HUGE portion of frequencys i dont recommend doing this at all, get more responsive rear deck speakers and tape a sub off them and youll be set
Old 04-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Member

thanks for the response. but i am planning on getting an aftermarket sub and amp to play the bass.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX/05/Silver
Miggs is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

I too have an aftermarket sub and was planing on doing it that way, but what would happen to the 6X9's?
Miggs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: acura/tsx/2006
aeon has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.aeon has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.aeon has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.aeon has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
I too have an aftermarket sub and was planing on doing it that way, but what would happen to the 6X9's?
Pop them out and let the subwoofers play through the hole where the 6x9 speakers use to be.
aeon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2011, 01:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: PWP 2004 TSX
Stock04TSX , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.Stock04TSX , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

I was just recommended to do the same, I have a pair of 12 inch Alpine Type-Rs in the trunk, and the rear deck speakers (which deff. only output bass) is wired to the subs amp using a line-level converter. Subs are outputting crazy bass.

My local shop quoted me $50 to remove those rear speakers, they said it would be an easy job, but they need to remove some pillar. Any body know of a walk through ?

| TSW | A-Spec | Injen | Skunk2 | Optima | Racing Brake | Tein | Alpine |
Stock04TSX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2011, 11:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Team Advantage Audio mem

My Ride: tsx/2006/pearl white
bmwproboi05 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.bmwproboi05 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock04TSX View Post
I was just recommended to do the same, I have a pair of 12 inch Alpine Type-Rs in the trunk, and the rear deck speakers (which deff. only output bass) is wired to the subs amp using a line-level converter. Subs are outputting crazy bass.

My local shop quoted me $50 to remove those rear speakers, they said it would be an easy job, but they need to remove some pillar. Any body know of a walk through ?
50 to remove the back lid spk any nothing else? thats crazy.

1. open your door
2. get your self a screw driver
3. locate the rear speaker grille
4. take your screw driver and pry at the two edges of the grille closes to you/ or just get one side up
5. run your hand along the sides till it pops out
6. get a small fat screw driver / 8mm socket
7. unscrew the four screw.
8. unplug the speaker
9. repeat to other side

Exterior: blacked out handles/ fully blacked out door trim/ 15% llumar tint/ White LED Plate/ 6000k hid/debaged rear/black "A"/M///3 lip with a personal touch/ DIY front lip/ home brewed grille/ 3000k hid fogs

Engine: Comptech Ice box w/o horn/ Exhaust resonator (a cylinder) removed/ custom painted manifold-spark plug cover/

Suspension: Tl-s rear Sway Bar/ koni sport struts/ H&R sport springs

Audio: Alpine 9886/ Focal krx2/ Focal FP 2.150 / jlaudio 500/ 4ga Monster wire/ Monster RCA/ Custom mp3 din out of upper din./ custom Y harness/ 16ga hooker audio speaker wire/ Jl audio 10w7/ Audison bitone

Interior: White LED dome lights/ Blue LED Door lights/ Blue LED Foot Well lights(front and back)/

For sale: Focal fp 2.150 will be up for sale shortly
bmwproboi05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: acura/tsx/2006
aeon has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.aeon has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.aeon has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.aeon has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

Yup do what BMW said. Could be done in less than 10 mins if you have the right size tools.
aeon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
RML-R1
Regional Meet Leader
SF Bay Area
TOTM 2009

My Ride: 05 CGP // 07 CBR600RR
wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.

Needle nose pliers would help too. After removing the screws, there are white clips on the underside. Go through the trunk, squeeze the clips and push up.

Audio | Hertz HSK165 6.5's w/ Rainbow SLC Tweeters | Hertz HCX165 Coaxials | Alpine PDX 1000.1 | Alpine PDX 100.4 | Two 8" Sundown Audio SA-8 D4 | Mercman's Harness | Dynamat Xtreme | Optima YT D35
Suspension/Chassis | | MOOG Endlinks | Hawk HPS | Brembo Blanks w/ X-Drill & Slotted | Tein CST | Progress Rear Sway
Aero/Cosmetics | | 20% Tints all around | Work Euroline SL | 06 EDM Headlights w/ USDM Projectors | EDM Tailights (Rear Fog) | A-spec Front & Rear Underspoiler | 05 Mugen Style Sideskirts | 5000k HID Fogs | Junction Produce| S2000 AP2 Exhaust Finishers
Performance | Hondata Reflash | TB Bypass | Injen CAI | 08 Cat

www.distinctivdetailing.com
Bay area detailin holler at me!
wong05tsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
07TsX

My Ride: acura tsx 2007 pearl white
jR07TsX is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalinboi92-TSX View Post
I was thinking of taking out my tsx's rear deck 6x9 (all bass) speaker and somehow run the wires from the rear door speakers to some 3 way 6x9s in their place. anyone ever tried this?

let me know what you think because i really want to try but im not too sure if the amount of watts pushing the door speakers would be enough to push aftermarket 3 way 6x9's.

Thankss
i replace all the stock speakers and the rear deck that for back i put them for voice i got 2 amps one 4 channel amp for the interior and one for the subs and it sound clean
jR07TsX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: tsx/2007/Carbon Grey Pearl
pnoiboioreo is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

I was thinking the same thing since i am about to install an aftermarket sub and amp. I have alpine 6x9 3ways sitting in my closet and was wondering the same to run the wire from the rear doors and replace the 6x9 woofers. Has anyone tried this yet?
pnoiboioreo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2011, 11:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: tsx/2007/Carbon Grey Pearl
pnoiboioreo is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

I dont meant to bump this 3 month old thread up there but its relevant to the OP.

I have just done this little mod today with not much difficulty. I replaced the woofers with Alpine Type-s 3way speakers And going to use the woofer wires for a sub hook-up.

(I have pics but to lazy to upload at the moment but i will within the next day or so)
You have to remove the door panel to get to the speaker. the cover looks like it could come off but it doesnt, blah blah.

I spliced into the speaker harness and ran some speaker wire through the door into the cockpit, under the covers, behind the bolster and over the shock top mount and hooked up to the speaker. I also hooked up the door speaker back in just to test it out.

Results are that to "ME" the sound fills up the cabin quite nicely. Of course you are losing what we call the all BASS, but that is going to be filled in with a 12 jl in the near future. From listening to the 3ways it sounds so much cleaner and crisper than that of the door speaker itself. Of course. I will say that The highs and mids are ALOT better as well. I had to turn down the Treble to keep it within reason.

All i can say is that I like how it sounds, it sounds like my old car where it had full ranges in the rear deck(pushing the sound up and follows the roofline, rather than the door speakers where its heard from your feet up if you know what i mean)

all in all I like how it is and I cant wait to hook up my JL
pnoiboioreo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement