Acura TSX Forum banner

Weapon R Headers?

13K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  littlebo 
#1 ·
I am making a list, a checking it 4 million times critiquing it. This list is my car mod list. First on the line is the Function and Form type 2s. Next is either the Apexi WS2, or headers. I can't decide on what headers to get. I see that weapon R produces the largest gains, but according to heeltoe, it is not street legal? What would I do to fix this?

#2 ·
I'm editing my post because I just looked at that particular header. Generally, I would recommend against it because it removes the cat. Now if the car will be for track use, then go for it, otherwise I recommend going with something else.

Sorry for any confusion. Guess I should look at parts before commenting on them...lol Thought it was a straight "plug & play" replacement for the OEM exhaust manifold...

#4 ·
For TSX, only DC Sports and CT Engineering offer 50 state legal headers. Can't go wrong with CT Engineering headers, but they've recently gone up in price considerably. Used to get them brand new for ~$550, but now MSRP is $750+.

You can get DC Sports headers for under $300 shipped, but some members have reported flex pipe leaks even with the revised V2 version. I have the DC Sports headers myself for about a year now (~10,000 miles) and haven't had any issues with them yet.

#5 ·
CT and DC headers are lower in performance compared with WR, the last one has larger collector.

#6 ·
I have a WeaponR header with a HFC...?? Did my exhaust shop just cut into the header to make room for the cat or what because idk what this is about not being able to have a cat on with it.

#7 ·
Weapon R header includes a TEST PIPE. you can choose to either install this or not. You can keep your OEM cat to be street legal. FYI If you do choose to install the test pipe, you will need to extend the O2 sensor wire. I am currently using the Weapon R header and test pipe since 2012 with no issue.

#8 ·
You can't install WR along with the stock OEM CAT, it does not fit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Lol, buddy, the design of the WR won't allow you to fit an OEM cat, the length of the test pipe is longer than the one of the OEM CAT.
WR design is different than others like CT-engineering or others, that is why the only option to fit a CAT is to cut the test pipe and weld a CAT.

#11 ·
I think you guys are saying the same thing!

You can definitely fit the OEM cat or an aftermarket cat with the Weapon R header but.. it is a cut and weld install.

I total agree that while the DC, CT and other similar headers are an easy bolt-in install, they never perform as well as the longer headers.

The WR header has gone up in price lately and it is made of extremely thin SS tubing.

I would be looking into Littlebo's or other long tube headers before I opened up my wallet for a WR header.

#12 ·
Yes CalgaryTSX, i was just against the statement he made by saying you "can't" do it. Just because it's not a straight bolt on, doesn't mean it can't be done. That's all. Also even though it has gone up in price, i would still recommend buying it. It is a good header.

#13 ·
I switched from WR headers to littlebo's headers long time ago :)

#14 ·
Who said littlebo"s header ? =)

Best header is here !

Vast improvement over WR !

2mm seamless stainless pipe VS 1.2mm foil, no droning, no buzzing, sounds really good !

OEM converter can be used for smog tests.

Test pipe comes with HFC or resonator welded in, no rattling sound and smell.

Welding are thick and made to last for ages ! No cracks !

All head to flange internal and catback crossovers are smooth, no steps, much better flow without noise. Stock catback is 51-54mm, WR 60mm ! its 6-9mm step )

Proper o2 bungs locations ! No cut and wire extending needed.

High quality interlock flex pipe used instead of stupid hissing graphite donut.

Everything you need to install comes in the box, gaskets, nuts and bolts, o2 defouler.

It cost LESS =))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.