Acura TSX Forum banner

littlebo exhaust headers - review

13K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  foxez 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

In January 2015 I switched from Weapon-R headers to littlebo headers (aka Racoon headers :) ) , and here is the review I've posted back then on another European forum.
"
I've just installed the headers from littlebo which replaced my Weapon-R headers.
Have them both side by side I could compare them better and I noticed the difference in the metal quality used.
The headers from the littlebo uses thicker steel, which you could hear from the below video, so in time, in my opinion, it will be less prone for cracking.

The headers were matched with the stock exhaust and the headers from littlebo has smooth transition to catback size (while with WR I did not have that).

Now these are the impressions after have them installed:
- noise while the car idles or during low speeds - zero (with WR I had a small rattle noise while the car was idling or during low speed)
- noise while driving hard (including WOT) - zero (with WR I had a hissing sound while flooring it)

Overall I'm pleased with these new headers and I think they are being offered in a very nice package:
- the gaskets are included with the headers (for instant the WR did not offer the gasket to the catback - I had to pay extra for that)
- the littleboo's headers do not use donut type gasket like WR does which are prone for cracking and needs replacing
- the defouler is included in the package (I had to pay extra for a defouler to use with my WR header)
- the first O2 sensor location is placed in the correct postion
- if you need smooth transition to catback size for the WR testpipe - you will need to find a shop to cut you WR testpipe and pay extra for that work
- if you want a High Flow CAT with that WR, you need to pay extra for the CAT and find a shop to weld it for you (and another extra money)
- if you want to reuse the OEM CAT, for MOT purposes for instant, you can't do it with the WR header, but you can with littlebo's headers, as the length of the pipe matches the length of the OEM CAT (you can't do this with PLM headers either)
- the WR headers costs much more and if you add those little extra things (like smooth transition, defouler, gasket, labour for the shop, ...) it will costs even more
- the pipe-ing size is the same 2.5 inches for both (for instant the Comptech or DC sports have smaller in diameter pipes, therefore less power gain)

I've uploaded some pictures with the headers below (in some pictures you can see them side by side with the WR headers)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/33qj4ctzpcdd2qw/AABOlqZnA3lM__8uEZqPcNjca?dl=0

And some video comparing the material used by Weapon-R vs littlebo headers.

"

How are the headers now, in May 2017?
Well they are still running fine without any issue (comparing this with some friends which have WR, they all required to replace the donut gasket, and for one of them the headers cracked in a welding spot).
Do I recommend these headers?
Yes, definitively!
Any cons?
Might be some, the metallic mesh of the flex part of the test-pipe/HFC looks rust it, but is still intact, no crack ... Maybe in the future it might need to be replaced.
If it will be the case, that won't be a big deal, or expensive, for an exhaust shop (tough more than 2 years passed and it's still holding fine :) ).

See less See more
#2 ·
Good information, for the people who are serious about making power you might want to include the following information.

Primary pipe size & primary length.
Secondary pipe size & secondary length.
Collector info as well.
The pipe pairing as well, but the pictures you posted already let you know it's a 4-2-1 header and the pairing is 1&4 and 2&3 which is the correct way to do it.

I'm no guru, I've just been doing a lot of research on header design, flow, and ect.....

Most TSX owners probably won't look into it this much because most just want a decent header that makes power and works.
I still can't believe nobody has done a before and after dyno session with his header though and he has sold dozens of them. More so the guys on US soil I know guys overseas have some issues with dynoing their car.

I really like his 4-1 race header design also, but their were a few things I was interested in having him change. He hasn't returned my emails regarding that......

#4 ·
Yes, he does make them.
Regarding the size of the pipes, he's using the same pipe sizes like Weapon R does, plus some improvements, otherwise I wouldn't change to smaller piping (for instant Comptech and DC sports are using smaller sizes). What I know for sure the collector size is 2.5 inches and it continues with a test-pipe of 2.5 inches as well (optional you can add a 200-250 CEL HFC on that), and on the cat-back end is tapered for smooth transition/flow to match the cat-back size (if smaller in diameter, like my OEM cat-back is). If you have an aftermarket cat-back you will tell him the diameter size and he will build the test-pipe to match the cat-back size. Also is possible to request a resonated test-pipe ;)
Maybe littlebo can add the exact numbers for size, I forgot, since 2 years passed since installed them.

#5 ·
As mentioned I'm no header guru, but I've been doing A LOT research on Kseries headers and what works really well.
Littlebo already gave me the specs on his header.
I never mentioned of sizing down the pipes, actually I want to go the complete opposite direction, with the secondary pipes.

#6 ·
Anyway I'm the price zone, I think these are better than WR and PLM, and of course than Comptech or DC sports..

Also I've heard littlebo is building 4-1 headers which are much cheaper than ASP, I wish I had a chance to try those also [emoji4]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.