2008 Mod Differential - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Performance > Engine / Transmission / Exhaust Systems > 1st Gen - Engine, ...

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2008, 02:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Acura/TSX/2006
Kicksaholic is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

2008 Mod Differential

Im thinking about getting a TSX, but I want a new one because i want the leather to be new and have low miles. To be specific I want to get the 2008 TSX. What would be the steps to put hondata Ka-Pro in it. I am also thinking about getting it supercharged. Would any of these modifications be possibel? Is it ideal to get the 2008 or get a used TSX. Opinions on the 2008 TSX. Im asking these questions because I have heard that hondata does not make and is not going to make parts for the 2008 TSX. If a lot of these mods cant be installed on the 2008 model, then what is the point of getting it.

Thanks,
Kicksaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2008, 03:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
long-term build

My Ride: 2008 auto TSX
MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

no, not possible yet with the 2008.
nothing is really possible for us yet.

what is the point of a 2008 TSX?

do you really think Hondata is the end all, be all?
come on now.

it's obvious why you'd want a new car vs. a used one.
if you want a supercharged car, honestly, don't buy a TSX.

if you want power, look at other cars, not this one.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
My car whines...alot
TOTM 2011

My Ride: 1997 NSX-T (Spa Yellow/Onyx Black)
DAYTA is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.DAYTA is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.DAYTA is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.DAYTA is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.DAYTA is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.DAYTA is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

Man...I thought this was going to be a thread about powertrain/transmission modifications . Misleading...

If you want to mod a TSX, then you DON'T want to buy a new one. The best TSX in terms of modification options is a 2006 (manual only). It has Hondata and Comptech S/C options (06 auto has standard Hondata reflash only - no S/C kit available), plus it's got all of the MMY perks like Bluetooth, MID, updated gauges, and more power.
DAYTA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
RML-R1
Regional Meet Leader
New York

My Ride: Acura/Tsx/05 AT
lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.

Yea us 05 are screwed plus with auto makes it a bitch to get hondata.

man 06 and up got all the fancy stuff haha, makes me wonder how they are.

FB
lcrazyaznl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2008, 12:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Bork Bork Bork

My Ride: Acura/TSX/2005
zhieson is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.zhieson is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.zhieson is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.zhieson is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.zhieson is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.zhieson is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.zhieson is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

I agree with MMsTSX. If you want a lot of power, the TSX isn't the car for you. The biggest HP gain on this forum is probably around 80hp. And that's with Hondata, super charger and about everything else. IMO, pretty insignificant for that amount of money.

I don't blame you if you want a TSX and still go for the upgrades. I love my TSX. But don't look for a huge performance upgrade.
zhieson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2008, 01:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Aloha Army

My Ride: Automatic
kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.

You can make it fast if you want. You just have to be innovative.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Member

I am not looking for a car that has a lot of power just enough. If i could get the car to have 300 hp at the engine then i would be satisfied. I am looking for a luxery/sporty car that can get up to speed, and handel the turns well. Does anyone think mods will ever come out for the 2008 TSX.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Aloha Army

kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.kuma912 is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.

300hp is still pushing it. Unfortunately its hard to get that number.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Member

I still want to get the TSX because its nice. Could anyone make a list of mods that can be done on the 2006 TSX MT. Are there any other engine management systems available? What is difrence between the 2006 and 2005 model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrazyaznl
Yea us 05 are screwed plus with auto makes it a bitch to get hondata.

man 06 and up got all the fancy stuff haha, makes me wonder how they are.
What Exactly is wrong with the 2005 model, lets say it is MT.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Aloha Army

2006+ got more goodies than pre06. I'll be happy with a reflash and a ct sc for my 07.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuma912
2006+ got more goodies than pre06. I'll be happy with a reflash and a ct sc for my 07.
I thought you couldint reflash and supercharge the 2007 model.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Aloha Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksaholic
I thought you couldint reflash and supercharge the 2007 model.
I'm waiting for hondata to come out with one. If they don't. I'll go in a drastic direction.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm waiting for hondata to come out with one. If they don't. I'll go in a drastic direction.

Ok what is this drastic direction that you speak of.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Aloha Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksaholic
Ok what is this drastic direction that you speak of.
Take apart the whole car and source out a wrecked euro r and use its components. But thats a last resort. I just hope hondata comes out with an engine management for the new si's. Damn dbw.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
" It Is What It Is "

My Ride: break necks....
tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.

Quote:
Take apart the whole car and source out a wrecked euro r and use its components. But thats a last resort. I just hope hondata comes out with an engine management for the new si's. Damn dbw.
+1
tsx4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement