picking an exhaust--Tanabe Medalion Touring - Page 3 - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Performance > Engine / Transmission / Exhaust Systems > 1st Gen - Engine, ...

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #31 (permalink)
From Nissan to Honda

My Ride: TSX/06/RBP 6MT
din9lebeRrY is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.din9lebeRrY is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.din9lebeRrY is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.din9lebeRrY is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.din9lebeRrY is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.din9lebeRrY is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceboydrew View Post
Man, I just heard that exhaust on sexytsx YouTube vid
That doesn't sound that loud. I have a ws2 single setup I would love
To have it that loud when punching =]
you know your exhaust setup actually sounds great. More people should go this route. I was amazed, I thought it would be shit loud (like most single exits), but this was loud/deep, but not overwhelming.
din9lebeRrY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #32 (permalink)
flashprroooooo!!!

My Ride: Acura/TSX/2007
xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikia12187 View Post
post up a video clip, so we could give you better input?
I don't think video and the accompanying sound will do it justice. Drone is also subjective and maybe my ears are more sensitive, but there is just a lot of vibration and resonance. You'd really have to sit in the car to experience it.

I did try to take a vid of the exhaust shaking, which it does quite a bit at idle but you barely pick it up in the vid. In person though there is a lot of movement. I'm wondering if the CTE header rattle is playing a part in this. But I don't really have the time or luxury to do a trial and error for parts now.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #33 (permalink)
Black Listed +/- Banned

My Ride: acura tsx 2006 gray
bella06 is a failed forum loser and/or a prick.bella06 is a failed forum loser and/or a prick.

tanabe madelian i would recomend i have them myself not even loud its perfect could still hear ur radio
i could send you asound clip
bella06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2005 Acura TSX Red
TSXRON321 is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella06 View Post
tanabe madelian i would recomend i have them myself not even loud its perfect could still hear ur radio
You can afford tanabe but you cant afford to pay off someone you scammed!
TSXRON321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #35 (permalink)
L.A. > the rest

My Ride: keeps my butt warm
SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella06 View Post
Wtf

:b anned::ban ned::banne d:
SLIKRIK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #36 (permalink)
flashprroooooo!!!

My Ride: Acura/TSX/2007
xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.xjohnkdoex is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

just wanted to thank din9leberry for the sale of his OEM pipes and the reference to the shop to have it welded together. that dude is a solid forum member even though he doesn't have his TSX anymore. thanks bro, i truly appreciate all the help.

so i took the day off yesterday to swap the OEM exhaust back in and to take the tanabe off. didn't take very long and i have to say OEM never sounded so good, driving is a pleasurable experience again. i can now rev past 3000 RPM without dealing crippling resonance and i don't have to wear earplugs.

once i get some pics i'll be putting the tanabe up for sale locally if NY people are interested so stay tuned.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:20 AM   #37 (permalink)
Premium Club Member

My Ride: Acura Tsx 2008 Carbon Grey Pearl
jorozco1002 is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

i was thinking of getting the skunk2, i've read so much and seen so many videos and thats the conclusion that i've reached... i would love the Mugen but thats ridiculous amount of money haha! so does anyone know any more details about the skunk2 cat?
jorozco1002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #38 (permalink)
Premium Club Member

My Ride: tsx/06/nbp
chikia12187 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.chikia12187 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.chikia12187 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.chikia12187 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.chikia12187 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorozco1002 View Post
i was thinking of getting the skunk2, i've read so much and seen so many videos and thats the conclusion that i've reached... i would love the Mugen but thats ridiculous amount of money haha! so does anyone know any more details about the skunk2 cat?
I'm local to you. Feel's make a great product infact, they're one of the reputable companies out there.

why dont you get my feel's?
chikia12187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: tsx 2006 artic blue
lilmikey0118 is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

tsudo muffler

Hey guys my name is mikey im new to the tsx family I wss looking for mufflers for my car and I came across som Tsudo mufflers for my 2006 tsx I went on youtube to see how they sound and there really no sound I wanted some in put to see what can make it sound better from headers to intake to cherry bomb what can I do to make it sound really good n if u have video please shows
lilmikey0118 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement