Tint air bubble - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Welcome > TSX General Car Topics > 1st Gen - General Car Topics

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2006, 09:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: N/A
ebell is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Tint air bubble

I got a tint from the dealer when I got my car.
The car had a battery problem when I was about to drive off the lot (had to get a new battery installed).

Also, the dealer told me that some air bubble are there b/c it's not fully dry yet, and told me to wait about a day or two before lowering the windows down. However, it seems there are air bubbles on the windows. It's not "that" visible, but I can see the bubble in a close up.

This is my first car purchase. Is this something I can bring the car to the dealer to get fixed?

Thanks,
ebell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2006, 10:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Don

My Ride: Acura TSX 2005 MT
hoOnzABPtsX is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Definitely bring the car to the dealer and they will fix it for you
hoOnzABPtsX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2006, 12:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
(8)
Administrator Emeritus

My Ride: '04 TSX - SSM
Peregrine is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.Peregrine is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.Peregrine is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.Peregrine is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.Peregrine is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.Peregrine is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.Peregrine is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.Peregrine is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.Peregrine is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.Peregrine is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.Peregrine is a priceless value of the forum, and commands true dignified respect.

it depends on the bubble. If this is truly an air bubble, then they screwed up. But you may also be seeing moisture bubbles (not really bubbles, but more of a discoloration spots), and that's normal, and will disappear in few days. Air bubbles have clearly white pockets of air inside.

Now FOR SALE (HERE)
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2006, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
(9)
Moderator Emerita

My Ride: 2005 Acura TSX w/ navi
shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.

Sounds like a bad tint job! Actually, if it was done right, you probably wouldn't even really see any bubbles. When I got mine done, it was PERFECT from the start! They really did a WONDERFUL job!

If you have problems with the "bubbling"...just do what these guys tell you and take it into a shop! You may have to redo it, if that's even possible.
shay654 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2006, 07:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Donating TSXCLUB Member

My Ride: 2004 acura tsx
dina is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.dina is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.dina is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.dina is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.dina is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.dina is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

That sucks. Yea def a bad job if u can see them. i cant see any on mine
dina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2006, 10:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Acura/TSX/2006
mrgold35 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.mrgold35 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

My 3M tint person told me there would be tiny clear/foamy air bubbles and a few hazy spots until the tint is fully dried out. He said the drying process could take as longs as 2-3 weeks depending on the weather (hot weather and direct sunlight is the best for drying faster). Unless you only have a 7 day warranty on the tint, I would wait about a month after the install date before taking it back. They are just going to tell you the tint is not dry and give it more time. After a month, then take it back to have them fix it, if the same bubbles/haze are still there.

Not all tint is created equally, not all installers apply equally
35% 3M tint & clear bra + head/fog lights
Spoiler kit/wing, air deflector, metal trim kit, cargo net, trunk tray, Nav screen film & All season mats
350Z cargo net, dr edge guard & Acura racing pedals.
mrgold35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2006, 02:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
(9)
Moderator Emerita

My Ride: 2005 Acura TSX w/ navi
shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.shay654 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgold35
Not all tint is created equally, not all installers apply equally

I guesss not....wow, 2-3 weeks?!??! That's pretty long to have tints to dry! When I got mine done, I wanted to roll down my windows the first day! hahahahaha But yeah, I guess not all tint jobs are the same or equal in quality!
shay654 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2006, 07:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
TSX of the Month Winner
TOTM 2007

My Ride: Acura TSX 2004
Tsx536 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.Tsx536 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.Tsx536 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.Tsx536 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

Yeah, hopefully they will disappear over time. If not, definitely take it back.

And I have heard a couple of weeks to fully dry in very cold weather. Not sure what the weather is like right now in your area, but if it's hot and the bubbles don't disappear soon, definitely take it in.
Tsx536 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2006, 09:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Member

Update to the bubbly tint:
It's almost gone, and didn't notice any today. I will take a closer look at it and see if I can find any. Thanks for the info guys.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Member

I did my first fill-up today petro-canada super clean (94 oct).
I already have close to 500 km on the car. It feels like the transmission (6mt) has got a lot softer and clutch seem to be smoother already. I am loving every moment of the ride so far!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement