tsx in snow - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Welcome > TSX General Car Topics > 1st Gen - General Car Topics

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 02:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 04 acura tsx
sandog711 is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

tsx in snow

its been snowing here all day and i had to take the tsx out and it really drives nice

thats 1 more thing i love about the tsx
sandog711 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2008, 02:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Acura/TSX/2004
Zakaria103 is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

my does good too
Zakaria103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2008, 11:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 07 TSX A-spec
R3d- is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

lol american's know nothing about driving in snow.. come to canada for a winter

I will agree though car handle's really well in the snow, cold starts(-50C) are no issues
I <3 acura's, my old 98 EL had no issues with the cold either
R3d- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2008, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
(9)
Moderator Emeritus
TOTM 2005

My Ride: 2006 BMW 330 xi ; 2004 Acura TSX (Retired)
MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.

I finally broke down and got snow tires this year, was snowing all day yesterday, went skiing with her, then on the way back it turned into ice, tires+ TSX still held up great
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen, LeMans 1971
MemphisRheins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: n/a
narco21 is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

even with my stock tires at 40k miles , the tsx is still pretty damn impressive in the snow
narco21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2008, 02:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
" It Is What It Is "

My Ride: break necks....
tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.

i sometimes drift in the snow and i love it....
tsx4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2008, 08:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Un-Civil Engineer

My Ride: TSX/2004/MSM
griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

My stock tires were terrible in the snow, and the new Kumhos are average. It just doesn't snow enough in SW Ohio to justify a separate set of snow tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsx4life
i sometimes drift in the snow and i love it....
I did a little parking lot drift yesterday and got slapped by the wife for scaring her
griffojm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2008, 08:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

My Ride: 05 Auto ABP
Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Pacemaker_Guy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

I thought the car would suck in the snow. Nope. Too it to a local park parking lot, I had fun. Haha.

Cheap Stuff: Intake resonator removed, Blackout all chrome, Painted hood trim, M3 trunk lip, Lamin-X

Not really cheap: 15% tint, JDM Outer Tails =), Brembo Blanks, Hawk HPS pads, iSimple, SPC camber kits (front and rear), PW:JDM fogs
Pacemaker_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2008, 09:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
" It Is What It Is "

My Ride: break necks....
tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.

eeeewwwwww got slaped by the wife....she's tough
tsx4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2008, 08:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2006 TSX AT Navi
Jon619 is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

Stock tires aren't terrible 'cept for all the damn bubbles I keep getting - it's a sure sign NJ has no money, cause the potholes just keep getting bigger and bigger... can't wait for my new tires!
Jon619 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Acura TSX 2006
devore is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

I'm surprised by this thread. I live in Wisconsin and love my TSX, but it's absolutely terrible in snow. I think it's mainly the stock Michelins, but you can't get any grab when starting from a stop, and the VSA kicks in almost continuously on just-plowed streets.

It does well in the occasional snow shower, but we've had snow on the ground for almost 2 months continuously and I can tell you, in conditions like those, it's not great. It actually seems a little worse than my previous Honda (Civic), maybe because it's a heavier vehicle.
devore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2008, 11:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: BMW 335ix
AcidLotus has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.AcidLotus has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.AcidLotus has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.AcidLotus has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devore
I'm surprised by this thread. I live in Wisconsin and love my TSX, but it's absolutely terrible in snow. I think it's mainly the stock Michelins, but you can't get any grab when starting from a stop, and the VSA kicks in almost continuously on just-plowed streets.

It does well in the occasional snow shower, but we've had snow on the ground for almost 2 months continuously and I can tell you, in conditions like those, it's not great. It actually seems a little worse than my previous Honda (Civic), maybe because it's a heavier vehicle.
Agreed in Denver. I'd actually think about keeping the TSX if it were better in the snow. The stock Michelins were horrid in the snow. The Goodyear TripleTreds I have on now are better but still not great. These TripleTreds have more grip and better ratings than a set crappy all season tires I had on my 2000 civic and the civic would run circles around the TSX.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX Tech/2011/Forged Silver
Smrick is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

Last edited by Smrick; 02-25-2008 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: delete Reason: delete
Smrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2008, 04:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX Tech/2011/Forged Silver
Smrick is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

I agree with R3d- Canadian winters are a great test for cars and winter tires. Even us babies in Toronto are experiencing a winter where everyone should have winter tires (but, thankfully not the -50 temps). Quebec has legislated that winter/snow tires are mandatory from November 15 to April 15, effective in 2008.

With 4 winter tires and steel wheels, my TSX is unstoppable in the snow.
Smrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2008, 05:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

My Ride: TSX/NAVI/05/GP
narci is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.narci is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.narci is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.narci is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.narci is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.narci is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.narci is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.narci is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.narci is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.narci is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

My winters are great on COLD ROADS.

Remember, winter tires aren't only about drivign through snow, it's also about temperature too. Winter tires have a lower freezing point then all seasons.

I have no idea why someone who spends thousands if nto tens of thousands or more on a car to cheap out about (on average 16 inche) $500 for a set of snow tires?

Last edited by narci; 02-25-2008 at 05:11 PM..
narci is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement