Cost of new TSX replacement key + fob? - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Welcome > TSX General Car Topics > 1st Gen - General Car Topics

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 02:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Acura/TSX/05
yvr_tsx is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Cost of new TSX replacement key + fob?

Hope someone can help me with approximate cost of a replacement TSX key and remote. It is for a 05 TSX.

I have officially lost the keys, although I am not certain that it was not stolen. Regardless, I am using my spare set, which is okay but I would like to get a back up.

The key has an immobilizer inside, so does it have to be programmed by the dealer?

One more question: In case the key gets found, it will still work on my car. Is it possible to "reset" the security system on the car such that the immobilizer and remote that was lost no longer works? Is this something the dealer has to do? For the remote, if I go through the programming stage, will the system only recognize the remotes that I am using and flush the memory of anything previous?
yvr_tsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2008, 04:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
long-term build

My Ride: 2008 auto TSX
MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

well there is two ways to go about this.

one being order a new key and a new fob from the dealer.

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...K%3ASILVER%29#
^Key $32.60 plus shipping

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...S_TRANSMITTER#
^Fob $110.08 plus shipping

two being go through ebay to buy the key fob and get a key
from one of those key places that specializes in cars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...spagenameZWDVW
^Fob's on ebay for about $28 each

The key should run you around $10 or so.

It probably won't have an "A" on it, but it will have an
immobilizer chip in it.

There's a place in my local mall that does this, they'll sell you
the key, cut it, and program the immobilizer chip for you.
They charge $80 for the whole deal, key included.

any "master locksmith" should be capable of doing this for you.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
long-term build

My Ride: 2008 auto TSX
MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

double post

MMsTSX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Member

Thanks very much MMsTSX. I will look on ebay for the key and remote. The challenge will be finding a locksmith where I am (Vancouver) that can program the immobilizer!

I found the programming instructions for the remote.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Member

Sorry one more question added to the original post hopefully someone can help with.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2008 Acura TSX
tc_demon is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

You can only have 4 keys and 3 FOBs program to the car if you add a 5th key the 1st key will be deactivated...Yeah you can program the FOBs yourself (done it myself), but you will have to have the key program by someone that has "Acura/Honda Tablet", u can try a master locksmith too the pros have the devices to program the keys...I paid $55 USD to have the key program at a Acura dealership and they ended up cutting the key for free. I personally will go with the OEM key I like the A logo.
2008 Acura TSX A-Spec w/Navi v4.93, CL9, Alabaster Silver, Polk Audio Speakers, Quartz Interior, Continental ExtremeContact DWS, 35% F & 25% R Tint, K&N Drop In Filter, Putco 5K Interior LED Lights & LED License Plate Lights, Philips Ultinon 6K D2S, Philips 6K H11 HID Fogs, Kenwood Backup Camera, Progress RSB, JDM Sport Pedals, TL Key, OEM All Weather Mats and Tray, EBC Slotted Rotors, Ingalls Rear Camber Kit, Firestone's Lifetime Wheel Alignment, Fastline Deck Lip.
tc_demon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 05 TSX 6MT
afici0nad0 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.afici0nad0 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.afici0nad0 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.afici0nad0 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

just called acura markham for a price quote on the keys, as i too just lost a set.

$218CDN - remote
$65 - key
$20 - cut
$72 - program

needless to say, i'll be looking elsewhere for a cheaper alternative...
afici0nad0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2009, 02:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT Navi
2K6TSX has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.2K6TSX has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.2K6TSX has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.2K6TSX has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.2K6TSX has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

damn man..that's insane.

I know Markham Honda was MUCH cheaper when I wanted to get my switchblade programmed.. you can probably get the cutting and programming from them for a reasonable price.

As for ordering the actual key and key fob, I'd think online is the best bet.
2K6TSX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 05 TSX 6MT
afici0nad0 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.afici0nad0 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.afici0nad0 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.afici0nad0 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

i thought dealership prices were standard across the board.

switchblade? for your tsx? while i was on the phone with markham acura, i asked whether they were able to program me a one-piece remote/key. they said 'no, not available for 2005 tsx'es.'
afici0nad0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 02:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT CGP
07CoupeBlue has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.07CoupeBlue has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.07CoupeBlue has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.07CoupeBlue has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

You can buy the key and fob online from somewhere and go into the dealer and say "This set of keys stopped working for some reason," and usually they'll reprogram it for you for free. I did this when I had my Accord because it only came with 1 key and they programmed it free of charge.

http://i.imgur.com/0rz2k.jpg
07CoupeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement