Best way to clean a headliner? - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Welcome > TSX General Car Topics > 1st Gen - General Car Topics

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 02:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Staff: Rank 1
Administrator/Moderator
Entertainment

My Ride: 2007 CGP Acura TSX
Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.

Laugh Best way to clean a headliner?

My headliner is filthy, I need to clean it. What methods do you guys use? What cleaners? I tried cleaning it with water and it left a watermark after it dried. Any suggestions?

Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2009, 06:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
*Metalhead*

My Ride: '12 GM 370Z T/S/Navi, '04 RYP S2000, 2010 CBP RDX
1TSXer is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.1TSXer is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.1TSXer is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.1TSXer is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.1TSXer is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.1TSXer is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.1TSXer is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.1TSXer is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

I've used Resolve Carpet cleaner and a moist rag on mine. It works pretty darn good!
Apexi VAFCII, K&N FIPK, Carbon Fiber Cooling Plate, PLM header, Berk HFC, Tanabe Medalion Touring exhaust, Swift Spec-R springs, Black Enkei RPF1's, 17x8/17x9, Dunlop Star Spec tires and black Work lugs.-220 tuned RWHP

2012 GM 370Z Touring/Sport w/Navi
K&N Typhoon intakes, Swift Spec-R springs, 20mm spacers all around

2010 CBP RDX
Hondata Reflashed
1TSXer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2009, 08:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
iVTEC no koe

My Ride: Acura/TSX/2005
HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

I use diluted laundry detergent (Tide) and a tooth brush, then 'rinse' with warm water and the toothbrush. It left a water mark for a couple days, then cleared out completely.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
(: Daniel :)

My Ride: TSX/2008/ABP
sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

Haven't had to clean my headliner yet but on my old car I used ArmorAll's Upholestry cleaner and it worked great, left a water mark for a couple of hours but then went away. Took out mascara from my sister (idk how the hell she got it up there) and it also took off handprints from my ex...don't ask LOL. It worked great on cleaning up gunked up crap in my carpet too.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Staff: Rank 1
Administrator/Moderator
Entertainment

My Ride: 2007 CGP Acura TSX
Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.

Thanks guys I'll try all of those this weekend. See which one works best for me.

Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2009, 05:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
fresh to death

My Ride: '04 ssm 6MT NAVI
psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

good stuff...ive been wanting to clean my headliner as well...just didnt know what to use....i think ill try the resolve...
psyk0tic808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2009, 09:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
RML-R1
Regional Meet Leader
SF Bay Area
TOTM 2009

My Ride: 05 CGP // 07 CBR600RR
wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.

Steam cleaning is always nice to use on fabrics It will leave a water mark like you said, but once it dries out it'll be gone

Audio | Hertz HSK165 6.5's w/ Rainbow SLC Tweeters | Hertz HCX165 Coaxials | Alpine PDX 1000.1 | Alpine PDX 100.4 | Two 8" Sundown Audio SA-8 D4 | Mercman's Harness | Dynamat Xtreme | Optima YT D35
Suspension/Chassis | | MOOG Endlinks | Hawk HPS | Brembo Blanks w/ X-Drill & Slotted | Tein CST | Progress Rear Sway
Aero/Cosmetics | | 20% Tints all around | Work Euroline SL | 06 EDM Headlights w/ USDM Projectors | EDM Tailights (Rear Fog) | A-spec Front & Rear Underspoiler | 05 Mugen Style Sideskirts | 5000k HID Fogs | Junction Produce| S2000 AP2 Exhaust Finishers
Performance | Hondata Reflash | TB Bypass | Injen CAI | 08 Cat

www.distinctivdetailing.com
Bay area detailin holler at me!
wong05tsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
trespassing Jeep owner

My Ride: 04 6MT CGP (SOLD)
audioserf is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.audioserf is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.audioserf is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.audioserf is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.audioserf is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.audioserf is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.audioserf is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

How the hell do you get your headliner dirty?

My car's a 2004 and the headliner's pretty much spotless.
audioserf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2009, 09:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
(: Daniel :)

My Ride: TSX/2008/ABP
sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.sortudo7 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioserf View Post

lol, from my experience it isn't me but other ppl in my car who are careless. The worst kinda passengers are the ones who are careless.

First week I had my car I took my little cousins to my other cousins quince and the 9 yr old dropped chocolate cupcakes all over the car and got glitter from her dress all over the back seat...all while my car was off and still parked She hasn't been in it since and this is about 5 months later haha
Old 03-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
trespassing Jeep owner

My Ride: 04 6MT CGP (SOLD)
audioserf is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.audioserf is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.audioserf is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.audioserf is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.audioserf is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.audioserf is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.audioserf is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

That's the thing... I'm not putting my TSX in any situation that would expose it to young kids with food riding in it. Hell, I don't let grown folk eat or drink in my car, lol.
audioserf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2009, 03:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
long-term build

My Ride: 2008 auto TSX
MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.MMsTSX is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

my headliner got filthy after my suspension install.
damn mechanics.
a-pillar too.
black grease.

I used green works cleaner on it, and it worked perfectly.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Brandon

My Ride: 2008 Acura TSX Navi / 2000 Honda Accord
DJ2000 is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.DJ2000 is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.DJ2000 is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.DJ2000 is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.DJ2000 is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.DJ2000 is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

If I where to use it I would use carpet cleaner. Even use a shampooer that has the attachments so you can scrub and suck out the water. If you just clean it you will get water marks like you mentioned. Or you can use a shop vac to suck the water out.

PM me about TSXCLUB.NET stickers
DJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Low Is A Lifestyle

My Ride: Acura TSX/2004/ CGP
i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.i2ide is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioserf View Post

...dandruff and dirty hair lol

High End Performance x SolFresh

PM me for products from Mackin Industries, Cusco, J's Racing, CT-Engineering, Weds/Weds Sport, Work Wheels, Bride, Varis, Veilside, Seibon, SSR, Tanabe, Powerhouse Amuse and more...
i2ide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement