Reseting Maintenance light? - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Welcome > TSX General Car Topics > 1st Gen - General Car Topics

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Staff: Rank 1
Administrator/Moderator
Entertainment

My Ride: 2007 CGP Acura TSX
Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.

Reseting Maintenance light?

So I went to dealer today to get an oil change, I get them for free for the life of the car, and I also had the A1 service light on. I didnt want to get the A1 service because I can do it myself. BUt the bastards at the dealer didnt want to reset the light which they have done before in the past. Now I have the stupid light on. Anybody know how I can get reset the light?

Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2009, 07:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
TSX of the Month Winner
TOTM 2008

My Ride: Acura TSX 2005
bluexcrush is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.bluexcrush is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.bluexcrush is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.bluexcrush is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.bluexcrush is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.bluexcrush is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

http://tsxclub.com/forums/showthread...ntenance+light
Old 03-20-2009, 10:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
fresh to death

My Ride: '04 ssm 6MT NAVI
psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

its in the owners manual...its very easy...also in that link...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Get in car, close driver side door.
Put foot on the brake, and hold the "select reset" button (located below the tach, to the left). Turn the ignition to on (but don't start the car). Maintenance light will flash, and then go away. Turn key back to off, and then back on (starting the car).
psyk0tic808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2009, 11:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator
TOTM Coordinator
TOTM CoordinatorTOTM 2012TOTM 2011

My Ride: Honda/CL9/2005
Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyk0tic808 View Post
its in the owners manual...its very easy...also in that link...
:takes note:
Mayuga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009, 12:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Administrator/Moderator
Entertainment

Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.Carbon is an elite leader who shall be acknowledged, respected and complied with when spoken.

Didn't work for me.

Last edited by Carbon; 03-21-2009 at 12:53 AM..
Old 03-21-2009, 01:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator/Moderator
Entertainment

Its different for the 07 its also in the owners manual. Page 277.

Old 03-21-2009, 01:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
fresh to death

My Ride: '04 ssm 6MT NAVI
psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.psyk0tic808 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

what was soo different about it...?
psyk0tic808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009, 02:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Let me...help you!

My Ride: Acura TSX 06 (CGP, 6MT, Navi), Acura TSX 2010 (PWP, Auto, Tech Package)
SoCaliTrojan is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.SoCaliTrojan is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.SoCaliTrojan is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.SoCaliTrojan is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.SoCaliTrojan is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.SoCaliTrojan is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.SoCaliTrojan is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyk0tic808 View Post
what was soo different about it...?
06 to 08 have the Multi-Information Display (MID). We have to go through a menu to reset the maintenance light.

1. Turn key on.
2. Cycle through the menu until the "oil life %" counter shows up.
3. Press and hold the "reset" button on the steering wheel for 10 seconds.
4. Press the Information button the steering wheel to select "reset".

My first compliment of the decade:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shay654
And you're my "novel twin"
SoCaliTrojan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009, 06:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 06 6MT/wnav MR/eb tsx
nj2pa2nc has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.nj2pa2nc has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.nj2pa2nc has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.nj2pa2nc has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.nj2pa2nc has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
So I went to dealer today to get an oil change, I get them for free for the life of the car, and I also had the A1 service light on. I didnt want to get the A1 service because I can do it myself. BUt the bastards at the dealer didnt want to reset the light which they have done before in the past. Now I have the stupid light on. Anybody know how I can get reset the light?
A1 service is a oil change so since the dealer did it they should have reset the oil life.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Administrator/Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj2pa2nc View Post
A1 service is a oil change so since the dealer did it they should have reset the oil life.
Yeah I realized that after I got home and looked at the manual but they wanted me to pay to get my tires rotated and muffler belts replaced I told them to go **** themselves and just give me my free oil change.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Not JDM

My Ride: My Ride
evertp1 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.evertp1 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.evertp1 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.evertp1 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.evertp1 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.evertp1 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.evertp1 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.evertp1 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.evertp1 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.evertp1 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.evertp1 is almost as elite as a forum moderator.

I would give you a free oil change anytime! LOLz

but all you gotta do is hold the button for a while :S
Your enemies will tell you your faults, Your friends will hide them.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.
Robert G. Allen
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...9/ebf52e2d.jpg
evertp1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement