Pebble cracked my windshield.(the pain and healing) lol ;)p - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Welcome > TSX General Car Topics > 1st Gen - General Car Topics

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 04:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX 05 Silver (Tom Tom GPS ;)P - 6spd)
Dir7y is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Pebble cracked my windshield.(the pain and healing) lol ;)p

I was driving on the highway this weekend around 11am, from dropping off a friend. It wasnít the nicest day to be driving in the morning. The sun was no where insight and the rain didnít help either, but I didnít care I was in my Sexy TSX until kaboom pow right on the windshield, a F'en pebble came from hell to crack my windshield. You should have seen my eyes start to tear up. (My baby). So anyways I took it to a local windshield replacement shop (asap) and they said that they don't fix chipped windshields. Then the women mention something about Safelite and that they were able to repair cracked windshields. O thank god, I donít have to waste over 200 bucks for a stupid chipped windshield (meaning I would have to replace the whole windshield). So I looked up the number to safelite and had an appointment within 15 mins of calling. They had to call my insurance company (Progressive) and to no charge to me, (I have full coverage) the chip was fix. Now it just looks like a really, really small bug spattered on my windshield. The fix has a lifetime warranty and it didnít take no more then 45mins to fix the crack or chip however you prefer to call it.
Dir7y is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2009, 01:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: '05 TSX (6-spd)
Jeepsquad is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Hey, you got any good pictures of what the windshield looks like after getting it fixed? I'm really curious to see, because I have a small chip in my windshield right in the line of sight of the driver. It's fairly small, so most of the time I don't even notice it....but sometimes it does get annoying.

I also have Progressive, and have been meaning to call them to have Safelite come out and do a repair. Seems like glass repair with Progressive is fairly hassle-free.
Jeepsquad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2009, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2004 TSX
a2dadamm is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

you should just have glass coverage on your policy there is no deductable basically meaning you fix it for free tey wil replace the whole windshield.
a2dadamm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX 05 Silver (Tom Tom GPS ;)P - 6spd)
Dir7y is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsquad View Post
Hey, you got any good pictures of what the windshield looks like after getting it fixed? I'm really curious to see, because I have a small chip in my windshield right in the line of sight of the driver. It's fairly small, so most of the time I don't even notice it....but sometimes it does get annoying.

I also have Progressive, and have been meaning to call them to have Safelite come out and do a repair. Seems like glass repair with Progressive is fairly hassle-free.
I can't even take a picture of it, thats how un-noticeable it is! I would say get it done. Takes less then an hour and safelite could come to you or you can go them. Progressive, I think covers up to three chips to be repaired other then that its either up to the shop to fix the rest or replace the windshield.
Dir7y is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement