under body engine cover part number - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Welcome > TSX General Car Topics > 1st Gen - General Car Topics

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: acura tsx 04
jamesjstar is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

under body engine cover part number

Hey guys,

the clips for the plastic under body engine cover came loose and the cover got dragged on the highway and became useless, so I took it off and trashed it.

I've been trying to find the part number for it, but I can't seem to find it, any of you guys know the part number? OR should I not even bother and just leave it exposed?
Suspension: Tokico HP / Tein H-Tech / Wicked Rear Camber Kit / WedsSport SA-90 Gunmetal / General Altimax HP / Centric Premium Rotors / Hawks HPS Pads / StopTech SS Lines
Electronics/Interior: iSimple / Switchblade Key / White LED Interior / OEM All Weather Mats / OEM Trunk Liner / Orange TPMS Unit / 3M Di-Noc Wrapped Center Console
jamesjstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 04 TSX ABP, 99 Civic Ex GSR, 98 civic hatchback, 11 sti sedan, 11 yeti 303rdh
4cyl of thunder is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

74111-sec-a00
4cyl of thunder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Staff: Rank 1
Administrator
TOTM Coordinator
TOTM CoordinatorTOTM 2012TOTM 2011

My Ride: Honda/CL9/2005
Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.Mayuga is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesjstar View Post
Hey guys,

the clips for the plastic under body engine cover came loose and the cover got dragged on the highway and became useless, so I took it off and trashed it.

I've been trying to find the part number for it, but I can't seem to find it, any of you guys know the part number? OR should I not even bother and just leave it exposed?
hate that when it happens to my oil cover -_-
Mayuga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
" It Is What It Is "

My Ride: break necks....
tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.

i trashed mines becuase it came loose...no problem here.... so its entirely up to you...goodluck
tsx4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Regional Meet Leader

My Ride: TSX/2005/CGP
pdpgps is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.pdpgps is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.pdpgps is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.pdpgps is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.pdpgps is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.pdpgps is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.pdpgps is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

You could try looking in the classified sections at the cars that have been totaled and are completely parting out.
'13 ILX-Hybrid
pdpgps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2010, 03:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
cYn
Staff: Rank 2
Chief SuperModerator
Info Center / Car Care & DIY
TOTM 2014

My Ride: TSX/2007/CGP
cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.

Isn't there a part where it's screwed onto the front bumper? My clips are all missing but they are being held up by two screws
- I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan
- The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars. - William Westmoreland
- Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die. - Herbert Hoover
- The secret recipe to great tasting food is hunger. - Unknown
- The key to immortality is first to live a life worth remembering. - Bruce Lee
- If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Isaac Newton
- Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lessons afterwards. - Unknown
- Always look at how far you have come rather than how far you have to go. Always count your blessing, not what you are missing. - Unknown
- If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it. - Unknown
cYn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: acura tsx 04
jamesjstar is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

thanks, I never figured that the part would be listed under "front fenders" on the parts list
Suspension: Tokico HP / Tein H-Tech / Wicked Rear Camber Kit / WedsSport SA-90 Gunmetal / General Altimax HP / Centric Premium Rotors / Hawks HPS Pads / StopTech SS Lines
Electronics/Interior: iSimple / Switchblade Key / White LED Interior / OEM All Weather Mats / OEM Trunk Liner / Orange TPMS Unit / 3M Di-Noc Wrapped Center Console
jamesjstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
" It Is What It Is "

My Ride: break necks....
tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesjstar View Post
thanks, I never figured that the part would be listed under "front fenders" on the parts list
where in NJ u located? im in north jersey area
tsx4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2010, 06:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX/2006/Carbon Grey
aznboi0204 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.aznboi0204 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.aznboi0204 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

I don't have mine on. The only thing you might need to worry about is if snow gets on your oil pan or something and it rusts.
aznboi0204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
iVTEC no koe

My Ride: Acura/TSX/2005
HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi0204 View Post
I don't have mine on. The only thing you might need to worry about is if snow gets on your oil pan or something and it rusts.
Running without the cover also leaves your pulleys/drive belt exposed to debris and things that might damage it.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Un-Civil Engineer

My Ride: TSX/2004/MSM
griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

The cover also helps with aerodynamics. Channeling air under the car improves fuel economy by decreasing aerodynamic drag. It also protects the stuff indicated by others.

All that being said, its probably not a critical part, but I would go nuts if it were missing from my car.
griffojm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2010, 10:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX/2006/Carbon Grey
aznboi0204 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.aznboi0204 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.aznboi0204 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoRRo View Post
Running without the cover also leaves your pulleys/drive belt exposed to debris and things that might damage it.
... I'm gonna go put mine back on now...
aznboi0204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX 2005
francois , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.francois , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.francois , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

It also keep your engine bay clean even in winter time.

It is my first car that has a nice (almost like new) looking engine bay.
It is the first time that I kept that plastic in place.
francois is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2011, 09:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2010 acura tsx
sonnytris is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

Hey i ran over a tractor trailor busted up tire and driped my off my wifes 10 tsx v6....The cost is 90 bucks and going in the morning to get it replaced at dealer . Was yourszx hard to install/
thanks
sonny
sonnytris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement