VSA / Traction Control - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Welcome > TSX General Car Topics > 1st Gen - General Car Topics

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2005, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Accord 2005 i-CTDI
titanflux is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Exclamation VSA / Traction Control

Its been VERY wet here today, and I always drive with VSA on as default.

When pulling away at traffic lights, I've been getting wheelspin and a lot of noise, but the VSA "!" light not coming on. When I got home, I switched off the VSA and tried to deliberately spin the wheels from a standing start in the wet, and it seems the same either with or withoutthe VSA on.

In my BMW, the DSC "!" would flash on the dash and control wheelspin very quickly and quietly without spin occuring at all.

Am I missing a trick here, as I thought VSA incorporated stability control, ABS and TCS ?
Is the VSA not working properly ? - I hope not, the car is 2 weeks old!
Is it the torque of the 340Nm i-CTDi engine?

Any ideas folks..... ? What are your experiences....?

Last edited by titanflux; 11-03-2005 at 06:13 PM..
titanflux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2005, 06:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Overworked Microsoft Peon

My Ride: Acura TSX 2004
Revenent is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Revenent is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Revenent is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Revenent is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Revenent is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Revenent is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Revenent is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Revenent is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

Don't have the same car (obviously, since I'm in the US), but my VSA comes on a little too often for me.

But then again, I'm in the Seattle area, where it rains like no tomorrow.

Edit: Oh, and yes, the little yellow light blinks when VSA kicks in.

Last edited by Revenent; 11-03-2005 at 07:01 PM..
Revenent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2005, 09:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Acura / TSX / 2004
Neo-Omega is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenent
Don't have the same car (obviously, since I'm in the US), but my VSA comes on a little too often for me.

But then again, I'm in the Seattle area, where it rains like no tomorrow.

Edit: Oh, and yes, the little yellow light blinks when VSA kicks in.
Im right below you in Portland OR. At a green light a get minimal wheel spin normaly over the painted walk way, my yellow light has never flashed on me. My spins are very small in amount.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Euro CL9 K24A3 6MT
aaron33 is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

In the wet, mine spins for a moment and then the yellow ! sign comes on and power is cut...
aaron33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2005, 04:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
(8)
Administrator Emeritus
TOTM 2004

My Ride: TOTM November 04 ホンダ CL9 アコード B-92P
Noel is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.Noel is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.Noel is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.Noel is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.Noel is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.Noel is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.Noel is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanflux
I thought VSA incorporated stability control, ABS and TCS ? Is the VSA not working properly?
Your increase torque with the diesel engine may have a different VSA sensitivity trigger as opposed to the gasoline engine variant. VSA does not incorporate ABS however. It's only a stability and traction aid and the on/off will truly operate or shut it off unlike European models where you can never truly turn it off.

If your VSA indication is not working, have you checked when you turned on the car initially that the VSA indicator light is working? If that is working, next thing I can think of is that your wheelspin must not be sufficient to trigger VSA to work (reason above). I'd have your dealership diagnoise your concerns and give you a mechanical finding on if there are any concerns.
Noel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2005, 07:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Acura / TSX / 2004
Neo-Omega is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

It was raining yesterday, so I took my TSX out and gave it a serious spin... The VSA light did go on... Sometimes if my front wheels barely spins due to water on the painted line then the light didn't go on.
Advertisement