Acura TSX Forum banner

Map Lights acting up

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  snider 
#1 ·
Hello fellow TSX'ers
My map lights used to work upon opening doors and unlocking/locking car but they are not working anymore. I can still manually turn them on and off but the easier the better, right? I didn't even noticed it my friend told me and now its bugging why its not working.:pumpkin::pumpkin::pumpkin::pumpkin:
BTW I kept the switch to DOOR side... and tried with off too. its 07 TSX

#3 ·
From my research it is a control module in the light that is failing. My odyssey has the exact same part for the map lights and does the same thing. The only fix I have been able to find is a new light module and they run over $400. So I live in the dark. You may have better luck with your question in the odyssey forums. More action over there

#4 ·
I have similar issue, but mine only happens to the driver door side, it happened after i remove the module to install some dashcam wiring.

:eek:hsnap:

Looking at the wiring diagram, the light module may have failed, or wiring issue, there are 4 wires that controls the light.

White/Blue - powers the module when switch to Door.
Black - ground.
Green - wiring from lights to module.
Green/Red - wiring from Module to ECU/MICU

#5 ·
Im having an issue with mine also. When I open the door, neither light comes on, but i can turn on the right light manually. The Left light doesn't light up at all anymore, even after replacing the bulb.

#8 ·
They dome lights work on a negative trigger, the key ring light works identical to how the map/dome lights work and fade the same as well... so you can cut your dome light wire. (Green/red) behind your fuse box at the top right corner. And the half that is leading towards the lights can be jumped to the -trigger wire in the key ring, it's pretty simple. I don't remember the color for the key ring wire though, it's been a while since I've done it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.