Acura TSX Forum banner

Please help identify this rattle from the AC compressor '08

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Philmographer 
#1 ·
I have been searching through the threads, but this is the only post that I could find that might relate to my issue and low and behold the video doesn't work anymore!

I took my own video last night. Skip to :20 and it starts at :25. I disconnected the radiator fans to lower the noise level.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-5yN3bA3TUw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If it's going to cause damage throughout the freon lines, I want to replace it NOW!

#3 ·
It does only happen when the AC is on. After look at it again in daylight, it seems like it might actually be the belt tensioner. It is wobbling while it's making the sound. I took the belt off and the compressor did not have any play in it, neither did the tensioner, but I would suspect the tensioner over the compressor.

#6 ·
Got the stethoscope in the mail and every accessory sounded smooth. The tensioner made a huge racket and had a little back and forth play with the pulley even though the bearings were quiet and smooth.

I got it for $52 at Auto Zone after they gave me $15 off $75. I added a chamois drying cloth. So $67 with no coupon. Took about 1.5 hours since I was recording it and put a couple parts back on just for the video.

Sounds good now although I'm not sure if there's another bearing that's having issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.