tsx cannot be shifted in any gears - Acura TSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

tsx cannot be shifted in any gears

I just replaced the Clutch master and slave cylinder. I can shift to any gear when the engine is off. But when the engine is running, and the car is stationary, I have a hard time shifting into any gear or get it out of gear. It grinds on reverse gear. But when the car is running, I can shift to any gears. I need help please. If it is clutch problem, any reliable shop recommends in Riverside area in S California. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 04:00 AM
Chicago Oil Burner

Did you bleed the clutch and slave cyl properly? It could be a number of things, from your clutch pedal adjustment to the fluid in the hydraulic lines. Check the lines first, bleed them a lot. I just did this in my car, and it was difficult to bleed. I still think I have a bubble or two in the line because randomly I will have a hard time shifting, and I often grind into reverse.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 03:16 AM
Registered Member

I have an 04 6spd, just got done with mine around thanksgiving. Was having same problems as you, hard to get in and out of gear when parked and engine is on, lots of grinding and slipping. I changed master and slave, while doing so, realized my clutch pedal bracket was cracked, I don't know for how long it was like that, probably means i was never fully stepping on the clutch pedal. Had a friend weld the pedal, bled everything and shifting in and out gears problem solved, but then once I got to that point realized the clutch was slipping badly. Was quoted $1600 for parts and labor for clutch job. Ended up doing it with friends and some beers, took us about 12 to 13 hours over the weekend. Now that I've done it once on my TSX, I think I could do it again in like 7 hours by myself. Could tell you more about it if you want to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement