Acura TSX Forum banner

08 tsx radiator temp sensor hole size issue

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Andrew3860 
#1 ·
Hi guys, i purchased a new radiator for the wifes 08 and am about done with the install but ran into a snag. The radiator i was sent has a large hole and a plastic plug that can be unscrewed where the ect sensor goes in. The ect sensor is much smaller than the hole in the radiator, is there an adapter or something i need? The seller says he isn't aware of an issue like this and is unsure of an adapter.

Thanks,

Blake

#3 ·
Hi Fuess, yes i actually just ordered and received a 2nd one from another company with the same issue. So, i cant tell if its an issue with the radiator or if the sensor i received is the wrong one/size at this point. Anyone know if the lower radiator sensor has larger threads than the upper sensors? The radiator sensor part number seems to be 37870RAAA01. I have misplaced my old sensors as this issue/repair has been ongoing for about 6 months.

Blake

#8 ·
Thank you for responding. What I did in order to make it work is I picked up a 3/8 to 1/8 brass bushing from Home Depot and wrapped the threads in Teflon tape and no leaks.. pressure tested and all so if anybody runs into the same issue that’s how I went about it and it works well.