Acura TSX Forum banner

New TSX owner/Little Heat to vents

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  goforbroke 
#1 ·
I am about to purchase a 2005 Acura TSX with a 6 speed manual trans. After having owned, or rather it owned me, an e46 BMW 325i for the past 3 plus years, I am looking forward to trouble free driving rather than having to constantly working on my ride. Although I did go 6 months in one stretch without having to work on it I learned plenty from all of the repairs.

Here is my question. The TSX I am looking at has 91,000 miles, no leaks or overheating issues but does not get good heat from the vents, a real necessity in Michigan this time of year. The current owner has flushed the heater core but now has the car in storage. What are the possible problems and what am I looking at for solutions? I certainly do not want to get into anything that has the finicky cooling system like the BMW ever again! By the way, I am giving up on my BMW because it appears exhaust gases are getting through the head gasket and pressurizing the coolant system to the point where it will not hold coolant. Thanks for your help!

#2 ·
I would check the basics to begin with.

1. Make sure the car has enough coolant in it.
2. Check to make sure the thermostat is opening after the car is warmed up.
3. Also make sure you don't have air in the cooling system, the system might need to be bleed. Especially considering the owner just recently flushed the system.

These cars are pretty easy to work on, and the maintenance schedule is child's play compared to a bimmer.
Before I bought my TSX I was debating on picking up a 540i until I started finding excel spreadsheets of repair bills online from owners.:surprise:

#3 ·
If you're not getting good heat to the vents, also check the blower motor resistor, and the blower motor fan located just somewhere underneath the feet area. These are also what helps control the amount of heat reaching into the vents. If the heatercore was replaced / flushed, try looking at these ones.

may have to google the rest.

Reactions: goforbroke
#4 ·
JG, brings up some valid points which reminded me about the blower motor under the dashboard on the passenger side.
I had my car parked for a while when I took my head off, and after I got it running I could hear things flying around in my vent system when I turned the heat on. Checked my cabin filter and had a HUGE mice nest in there. So yeah check your cabin filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.