Acura TSX Forum banner

Wipers and Heater Blower not working

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Kelgrasha 
#1 ·
Hey guys! I've had my TSX for 2 years now, and I'm experiencing a problem with the wipers and the heater blower. I stored the car for this past winter and took the car out last week. The battery was bad, so i replaced it. Two days into driving the car, the wipers froze in the middle of the windshield, but started working again when I flicked the switch off and back on. Later that same day, the wipers weren't working at all (no matter what setting I put the wipers on) and the blower heater wasn't working either! I took it to my local mechanic and he said there was no power going to the wiper switch and the blower heater, and that this more than likely a "multiplexer" problem, and told me to take it to a dealer.

I really don't want to take my car to the dealer, as I know they'll charge an arm and a leg to fix this. What can the problem be, is what my mechanic said worth looking into? I'm planning on taking it to another local mechanic and seeing what he says, but I thought I'd hear from what you guys think! Thanks!

#2 ·
You can try to troubleshoot, all depends on how handy you are with cars. Or find a friend who is handy with some electrical knowledge.

It could be a fuse, relay, or maybe a loose ground problem.

If you know how to use a multimeter, that would be good.
Firstly, you would want to be hunting down HVAC blower circuit and their fuses/relay and ground.

Climate Control Blower circuit:
Under-hood fuse/relay box
- Fuse 21 (40A) for Blower Motor relay.
- Blower Motor Relay

Under-dash fuse/relay box
- Fuse 30 (7.5A) check to make sure there's power when car's running (IG2).

Wiper
Under-hood fuse/relay box
- Fuse 15 (40A) - Wiper MICU power

Under-dash fuse/relay box
- Fuse 20 (10A) - Wiper washer motor <-- is this working?
- Fuse 21 (7.5A) - Wiper MICU
- Fuse 7 (10A) - Wiper MICU, wiper motor, wiper relay module
- Fuse 11 (30A) - Wiper motor.

#3 ·
Wipers and blower motor just stopped working one night all the fuses are good relays are good but it still doesn't send the signal to the blower I changed out the under the hood fuse box continues to have the same problem but when I bypass the relay under the hood for the blower the blower works any input will be appreciated...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.