leaking liquid under car - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Welcome > TSX Problems and Fixes > 1st Gen - Problems and Fixes

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2007, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Acura TSX 2007
the_aspirant is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

leaking liquid under car

hey everyone. i bought a brand new 07 tsx a month ago and there is always this puddle of liquid under my car once its parked. i'm not sure what it is though, maybe gas, oil, or is it because of the ac? is this normal?

i tried doing a search on it, but that didn't help at all. thanksss.
the_aspirant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2007, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: acura tsx 2007
mikeucla is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

i'm willing to bet it's the a/c. i have the same thing. i love a/c, i always keep it on, so when i leave it in the garage and come back to it, it always looks like water leaked or something. not sure why it happens, but i think it's common.
mikeucla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Black 04 6 speed

My Ride: acura tsx 04
EX ITR is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

If u had ac on before u parked it, then it is normal. No worries.
EX ITR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2007, 04:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 335i
gmchu , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.gmchu , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

its the ac, mine leaks all the time
gmchu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2007, 04:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX/2011/White
krumsta is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

The a/c condensor drips water after you park because just like refrigerator when the coils get very cold like ice and once you turn it off and as it warms back down it condensates and drips down to the ground. So to answer your question dont even worry about it, its normal.
krumsta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2007, 04:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Acura/TSX/2006
mrgold35 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.mrgold35 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

You will notice more water if you live in a high humidity area.

In the good old days the coils could completely freeze over and this would make your A/C stop working. Also if the drain plugs get clogged, the water would be back up and your car would smell like a dead animal after a while.
35% 3M tint & clear bra + head/fog lights
Spoiler kit/wing, air deflector, metal trim kit, cargo net, trunk tray, Nav screen film & All season mats
350Z cargo net, dr edge guard & Acura racing pedals.
mrgold35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2007, 05:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
j0z0d34th

i have an 06 and i dunno what i did to deserve it but my tranny went on me. ended up getting replaced under warrenty but thats another thread altogether. in any event make sure its the ac stuf and not tranny fluid. mine had a slow leak acc to the dealer and thats what made mine go..
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2007, 05:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
(9)
Moderator Emeritus
TOTM 2005

My Ride: 2006 BMW 330 xi ; 2004 Acura TSX (Retired)
MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.MemphisRheins is almost as elite as a forum moderator.

Tranny fluid is a different color and smell then water off the AC... the puddle is water, its not oil, its not Tranny Fluid, your cars absolutely fine
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen, LeMans 1971
MemphisRheins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2007, 06:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
(9)
Moderator Emeritus
TOTM 2006

My Ride: rip- 2005 tsx now- 2011 ford edge sel awd
Jays98cobra is almost as elite as a forum moderator.Jays98cobra is almost as elite as a forum moderator.Jays98cobra is almost as elite as a forum moderator.Jays98cobra is almost as elite as a forum moderator.Jays98cobra is almost as elite as a forum moderator.Jays98cobra is almost as elite as a forum moderator.Jays98cobra is almost as elite as a forum moderator.Jays98cobra is almost as elite as a forum moderator.Jays98cobra is almost as elite as a forum moderator.Jays98cobra is almost as elite as a forum moderator.Jays98cobra is almost as elite as a forum moderator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisRheins
Tranny fluid is a different color and smell then water off the AC... the puddle is water, its not oil, its not Tranny Fluid, your cars absolutely fine
agreed. tranny fluid would be red in color as well.
Jay
Jays98cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement