Splash shield broke off today how important?? - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Welcome > TSX Problems and Fixes > 1st Gen - Problems and Fixes

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 07 tsx
ryan07md has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.ryan07md has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.ryan07md has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.ryan07md has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

Splash shield broke off today how important??

I was driving down the road today and i heard a loud rubbing sound so i pulled over. The black splash shield came broke up and was hanging so I ripped the rest of it down. I called the dealer and they said it runs about 130 bucks and about 1/2 to 1hr to install. I could put it on myself but I was just wondering how necessary it really is. From the passenger side when I was ripping the rest of it of I noticed you can see some sort of pulley that use to be covered by this part. Will that get damaged now that the cover is off

For hot cars and busted models come check this out:

NY, NJ, DE, PA, OH, WV, CT, VA, DC, and MD members!
Be a part of Maryland's largest tuner meet of the year!
http://tsxclub.com/forums/north-east...-2-2010-a.html
ryan07md is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2009, 07:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
" It Is What It Is "

My Ride: break necks....
tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.

mines ripped off too...been like that for about 2 years and no problem.... u should be ok
tsx4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2009, 07:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
RML-R1
Regional Meet Leader
SF Bay Area
TOTM 2009

My Ride: 05 CGP // 07 CBR600RR
wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.wong05tsx is almost as elite as a forum moderator.

Removed mine long ago... no problems yet. Actually, I cut mine on purpose since it got in the way of me going lower 8).
They can actually be found onnline for ~60-70$. Dont trust stealership prices D:

Audio | Hertz HSK165 6.5's w/ Rainbow SLC Tweeters | Hertz HCX165 Coaxials | Alpine PDX 1000.1 | Alpine PDX 100.4 | Two 8" Sundown Audio SA-8 D4 | Mercman's Harness | Dynamat Xtreme | Optima YT D35
Suspension/Chassis | | MOOG Endlinks | Hawk HPS | Brembo Blanks w/ X-Drill & Slotted | Tein CST | Progress Rear Sway
Aero/Cosmetics | | 20% Tints all around | Work Euroline SL | 06 EDM Headlights w/ USDM Projectors | EDM Tailights (Rear Fog) | A-spec Front & Rear Underspoiler | 05 Mugen Style Sideskirts | 5000k HID Fogs | Junction Produce| S2000 AP2 Exhaust Finishers
Performance | Hondata Reflash | TB Bypass | Injen CAI | 08 Cat

www.distinctivdetailing.com
Bay area detailin holler at me!
wong05tsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2009, 05:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
KBH
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX 2004
KBH , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.KBH , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

I removed mine to do the ATF change and broke a few of the expansion plugs in the process. I never got around to getting more plugs to reattach it so I eventually just pitched the shield. No problems at all
KBH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2009, 02:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: s2000
EuroRspec is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.EuroRspec is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.EuroRspec is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.EuroRspec is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.EuroRspec is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.EuroRspec is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.EuroRspec is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.EuroRspec is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.EuroRspec is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.EuroRspec is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

You shouldn't have any problems. But personally I am so anal that I would put it back on with all the clips.

DIY: Suspension Install

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-ge...n-install.html
EuroRspec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2009, 09:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
still plays with cars

My Ride: Acura/TSX/2006
nbtx , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.nbtx , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

That panel is one of the reasons the TSX has such low aerodynamic drag. Replacing it
at $130 you will probably never get your investment back in increased fuel mileage.
It's entirely your choice.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Member

ryan07md has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.ryan07md has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.ryan07md has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.ryan07md has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

yeah i guess I'm just going to leave it be for now we will see what happens.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
未来へと

My Ride: Made In Japan
jteeen is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.jteeen is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.jteeen is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.jteeen is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.jteeen is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.jteeen is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

thats the little piece covering the underneath of the engine bay? i sorta have the same problem. one of the the clips that holds it is hanging off. and im also thinking of getting it fixed by the dealer next time i go get my car service.

I [Heart] My USDM TSX
jteeen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2009, 01:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
wine em, dine em, cl9 em

My Ride: acura/tsx/2k4
cdiggisapimp is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.cdiggisapimp is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.cdiggisapimp is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.cdiggisapimp is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.cdiggisapimp is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.cdiggisapimp is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroRspec View Post
You shouldn't have any problems. But personally I am so anal that I would put it back on with all the clips.
+1 hahaha, same here. however, i have a few second thoughts when forking over $4 per clip at the stealership

FOREVER CLUB #2
925 Neck-Breakers #1
IG @huntsman_eastwood
cdiggisapimp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2009, 05:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Last hand... ALL IN!!!

My Ride: A headache
DBSS is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.DBSS is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.DBSS is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.DBSS is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.DBSS is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.DBSS is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.DBSS is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.DBSS is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

I hope mine doesnt... sorry to hear that bro~
DBSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT Navi
2K6TSX has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.2K6TSX has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.2K6TSX has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.2K6TSX has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.2K6TSX has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

i can't imagine it posing any problems except for water or snow getting into there, then being drawn up a CAI or something.

I know that partsource/napa carry aftermarket ones, and they are less than half the price. I got one from my partsource for my 03 maxima and it was like $50 instead of the $150 from nissan
2K6TSX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Un-Civil Engineer

My Ride: TSX/2004/MSM
griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.griffojm is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

As a temporary fix for the missing (and very expensive) clips, you might be able to use black zip ties.

Just a thought
griffojm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2009, 05:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Member

i would consider that but the whole front piece ripped off so i doubt it will work. The back of the splash shield is still intact. Oh well, I was just nervouse because I can see the pulley now from behind the passenger side wheel, which use to be covered by the shield. I was a little worried that over time this would rust or cause problems. I guess enough people don't have them that it shouldn't be a big issue.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 06/PWP-SBM
rex. , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.rex. , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.rex. , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

I'm on my third one, and this one is sinking a little. Only reason I keep it is for the aerodynamics
rex. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
RML-R1
Regional Meet Leader
New York

My Ride: Acura/Tsx/05 AT
lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.lcrazyaznl is a commander of respect from all.

Just destroyed mine this past weekend, mine was chewed up that it was missing a segment. I guess i don't see any problems with it off no increase noise.

FB
lcrazyaznl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement