Help with faulty trunk button - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Welcome > TSX Problems and Fixes > 1st Gen - Problems and Fixes

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 12:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2005 ACURA TSX White
KI_CL9 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.KI_CL9 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

Help with faulty trunk button

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my 05 TSX trunk button. The power trunk works because I can pop the trunk with the remote button. That means my trunk motor is fully functional. I also checked the hidden trunk lock in the glove compartment, switched it on and off and still my trunk button is not working.

Anyone have this problem and have fixed it? It would be helpful if someone can shed some light for my problem. If someone have already fixed this problem and a part was required to replace, please let me know and I can drop by my dealer to obtain the new part.

Please chime in.

Thank you in advance for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2009, 03:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 04 tsx NBP 6sp navi
CL96spnavi , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.CL96spnavi , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

i have the same problem and dont know how to fix it .
CL96spnavi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2009, 07:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2004 TSX
a2dadamm is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

i thought that was my problem but the hidded button in the glove box was set on off.. sorry coulndt be more help. Im sure it would e a cheap fix tho if it was like a switch or something
a2dadamm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2009, 10:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Who doesn't love a Honda!

My Ride: '05 SSM Acura TSX/'00 GPW S2000 AP1
TPhong , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.TPhong , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.TPhong , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

I've noticed on mine, if i keep the trunk release lever (beside driver seat) locked, it disables the trunk button. Also, when I discovered that the trunk button is somehow tied in with the driver side door actuator. When my driver front actuator went out and would not unlock with the rest of the doors, the trunk button wouldn't work either.
TPhong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2009, 03:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Member

KI_CL9 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.KI_CL9 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

Thanks for everyone's input.
My hidden switch is definately on and my driver door actuator is working properly.

Anyone else might have a solution? It would suck to pay Acura to diagnose the problem.

Thanks again!
Old 09-12-2009, 05:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Tsx 2005 Silver
Maguire1288 is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

I would first check any related fuses, then possibly test the button using a multimeter, make sure its getting power.
Maguire1288 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Staff: Rank 2
Chief SuperModerator
Gallery
TOTM 2010

My Ride: 06 CGP
tsxtasy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tsxtasy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tsxtasy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tsxtasy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tsxtasy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tsxtasy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tsxtasy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tsxtasy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tsxtasy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tsxtasy is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

make sure all of your doors are unlocked. the button doesn't work if only the drivers door is unlocked.
tsxtasy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2009, 09:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
iVTEC no koe

My Ride: Acura/TSX/2005
HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.HoRRo is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

Any solution yet? If not, you should use a multimeter to check for continuity on both the glove box switch and the trunk switch. Both are 2-pin connectors and will show continuity when ON (or depressed for the trunk). If one or more does not show continuity, replace.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
" It Is What It Is "

My Ride: break necks....
tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.

having same problem.. been lazy to take a drive to acura so they can replace under waranty.lol...
tsx4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2009, 12:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

My Ride: 2007 TSX MT
Age is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Age is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Age is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Age is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Age is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Age is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Age is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Age is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

Acura Parts @ AcuraOEMparts.com - Genuine Acura OEM Parts from Delray Acura

Looks like you need part 6 on the diagram. BTW I don't have this problem.

Matthew 5:16
Age is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2009, 02:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Member

Yea, I think I first have to bring it to my friend who is a mechanic to test and see if there is power going through.

Age, thank you for your link. I might have to replace the switch assembly in order to get it working. My trunk motor is working as I can hear it lock/unlock when using the remote control trunk release button.

As soon as I find a fix, I will update you guys.

Thank you for jumping in to help out. Unfortunately, I am out of warranty and all the costs of parts and labour will be on me.

Thanks again guys
Old 01-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 04 tsx
tool001 is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI_CL9 View Post
Yea, I think I first have to bring it to my friend who is a mechanic to test and see if there is power going through.

Age, thank you for your link. I might have to replace the switch assembly in order to get it working. My trunk motor is working as I can hear it lock/unlock when using the remote control trunk release button.

As soon as I find a fix, I will update you guys.

Thank you for jumping in to help out. Unfortunately, I am out of warranty and all the costs of parts and labour will be on me.

Thanks again guys

any updates.? having the same issue
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010, 09:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: tsx/04/SSM
HinCL9 is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Same boat.... please update
HinCL9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 11:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 04 tsx
tool001 is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

this problems only happens if the car is parked in rain (gets soaked). recently i moved and have been parking underground, therefore it hasn't happened. i think grounding problem..
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement