Which Spark Plug and buy where? - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Welcome > TSX Problems and Fixes > 1st Gen - Problems and Fixes

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2011, 02:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Slow but turns

My Ride: 2004 Lancer Evolution RS
LeeMaster is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.LeeMaster is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.LeeMaster is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.LeeMaster is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.LeeMaster is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.LeeMaster is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

Which Spark Plug and buy where?

So, Today I decided that I might as well do Spark Plug change, since my car has already passed 94k miles. So I went to the dealership and asked to see if they have any spark plugs for the TSX, the guy quoted me 100 dollars for all 4 of them. Then I looked at HeelToe website and they were only 60 dollars-ish for all 4...

This is a no brainer, but what would your recommendation be on this? Heeltoe OEM, or something else?

Also, I want to confirm if the OEM Spark plug is NGK Irigium? or soething like that lol...
LeeMaster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2011, 05:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
KBH
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX 2004
KBH , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.KBH , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

NGK Laser Iridium IZFR6K11 are $9.99 off the shelf at Advance Auto and they always have some sort of online coupon deal going on for further savings
KBH is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2011, 01:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Slow but turns

LeeMaster is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.LeeMaster is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.LeeMaster is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.LeeMaster is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.LeeMaster is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.LeeMaster is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

i always thought that aftermarket spark plugs were not recommended for our engine? can anyone else chime in on this???

EDIT: Not aftermarket, imma noob -_-
Old 06-22-2011, 01:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
RMC-USStaff: Rank 2
Chief SuperModerator
Regional (United States)

My Ride: 2005 Acura TSX
Luwin1026 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Luwin1026 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Luwin1026 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Luwin1026 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Luwin1026 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Luwin1026 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Luwin1026 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Luwin1026 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

NGK Iridium's are same as OEM - they run $9.99each or so at Autozone - I got them at Kragen/O'Reilly and had them price-match it.

Part No. is NGK 6994

Here's my DIY Thread if it helps -
Old 06-22-2011, 01:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Slow but turns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwin1026 View Post
NGK Iridium's are same as OEM - they run $9.99each or so at Autozone - I got them at Kragen/O'Reilly and had them price-match it.

Part No. is NGK 6994

Here's my DIY Thread if it helps -
thank you very much, ill post up the results when completed.

went to autozone today, they dont have any in stock at the moment, i have to special order them.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
cYn
Staff: Rank 2
Chief SuperModerator
Info Center / Car Care & DIY
TOTM 2014

My Ride: TSX/2007/CGP
cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.

I also got NGK Iridiums at Autozone for 10 bucks each. I mean why the heck not? It was cheap and available.
- I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan
- The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars. - William Westmoreland
- Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die. - Herbert Hoover
- The secret recipe to great tasting food is hunger. - Unknown
- The key to immortality is first to live a life worth remembering. - Bruce Lee
- If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Isaac Newton
- Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lessons afterwards. - Unknown
- Always look at how far you have come rather than how far you have to go. Always count your blessing, not what you are missing. - Unknown
- If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it. - Unknown
cYn is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2011, 02:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Slow but turns

went to autozone and got my 4 spark plugs, only for 9 dollars each, military discount FTW!

anyway, the DIY wasnt hard at all, i was fortunate to have a spark plug 5/8 tool remover which made the process way much easier.

I do have a problem though(or maybe not), after installing the spark plugs, my car made an electrical supercharger type sound. but it went away after a while, is this normal after a spark plug change?

My first impression of the Spark Plug change is that the RPM feels alive now, before it was sluggish and didnt want to go up, now it wants to go up! but i got bored of it after a while lol... talk about the "Mod bug"
Old 06-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Slow but turns

So just got the DIY done the other day ago... just thought i should share what my nasty old ones looked like....

and the box looked like this...
Old 06-27-2011, 05:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Amante de la Noche

My Ride: NBP 2006 Acura TSX 6MT w/Navi
Velocifero has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.Velocifero has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.Velocifero has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.Velocifero has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

^ Those really don't look bad at all. Not to ones I've seen. At least they weren't burnt and/or oily. Remember not to gap them since they're probably pre-gapped.

Hondata Reflash | Tein Comfort Sport suspension | Progress RSB | Mugen GP wheels | Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires | Euro R lip kit |
EDM Ducktail spoiler | JDM taillights | Osram Xenarc CBI low beams | Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H1 high beams | Nokya 2500K H7 fog lights |
USASpec PA15-HON2 iPod interface
Velocifero is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Slow but turns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocifero View Post
^ Those really don't look bad at all. Not to ones I've seen. At least they weren't burnt and/or oily. Remember not to gap them since they're probably pre-gapped.
i take good care of my car, i clean/replace parts right before they witnessed those oily/burnt stints.

what do you mean gap?
Old 06-27-2011, 11:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: tsx/04/cgp
tsxnoob is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

He meant the gap between the center electrode and the side electrode. So pretty much when you replace spark plugs, don't try to gap them unless you know what ur doing.
tsxnoob is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2011, 03:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Slow but turns

i never gapped them, at least i dont think i tried to. i just reinstalled the spark plugs doing reverse from the original way i found them when removing them and hand tighten them.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
RMC-USStaff: Rank 2
Chief SuperModerator
Regional (United States)

My Ride: 2005 Acura TSX
Luwin1026 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Luwin1026 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Luwin1026 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Luwin1026 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Luwin1026 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Luwin1026 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Luwin1026 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.Luwin1026 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

Firing end of the plug is brown/light grey, so it's looking good.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Slow but turns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwin1026 View Post
Firing end of the plug is brown/light grey, so it's looking good.
yep, actually keeping them for future use in case something bad goes wrong, but then again, newer = better
Old 06-29-2011, 08:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Let me...help you!

My Ride: Acura TSX 06 (CGP, 6MT, Navi), Acura TSX 2010 (PWP, Auto, Tech Package)
SoCaliTrojan is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.SoCaliTrojan is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.SoCaliTrojan is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.SoCaliTrojan is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.SoCaliTrojan is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.SoCaliTrojan is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.SoCaliTrojan is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocifero View Post
Remember not to gap them since they're probably pre-gapped.
Personally, I prefer to check the gap anyway. I have seen them labeled pre-gapped with the gap being very wrong. I'd feel better knowing I had checked them myself, rather than trusting that the manufacturer got it right and that nothing happened to it during or after shipping (for example, being re-gapped by someone prior to bringing it back for a return).

My first compliment of the decade:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shay654
And you're my "novel twin"
SoCaliTrojan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread