Acura TSX Forum banner

Rear Akebono Pads dragging - noholes for springs

983 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  johnfromjersey 
#1 ·
Greetings
I replaced rear pads and rotors (upgraded quality)
The pads are Akebono and did not have the top holes for the "A" springs that were previously installed.
Some research suggested that those springs were not necessary and for a week or so, there was no noticeable sound. Now on the left side I can hear the pads dragging on the DS (rear of course).
I'm wondering if anyone else has replaced the pads without holes for the A springs since I only found OEM Acura pads that contained those holes.
Please give me any feedback ...

Thank you in advance

John in Jersey

#2 ·
Just a suggestion but you might have a bad caliper ? Check to see how bad it's dragging by spinning the wheel when it's off the ground.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply

Took the rear DS wheel off today, and lo and behold there was a piece of metal that somehow got caught between the rotor and the dust cover. I was lucky that it did not put any grooves in the rotor. I changed the pads on both sides anyway since I already both the ones with the holes on top for the "A" springs.

Problem solved...

Thanks again
john

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.