Check tpms-system fault error - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Welcome > TSX Problems and Fixes > 2nd Gen - Problems and Fixes

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 02:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX/09/POLISHED METALLIC
09TSX is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

Check tpms-system fault error

Hi,

Please...

I have a 2009 Acura TSX. Can anybody explain why the fault code appeared.

Conditions:

In the past week its has been cold in Vancouver, Canada -10 to +3 with about 15-20 cm of snow.

Snow tires on the car are 215/55/17 on steel Acura wheels w/tpms (stock alloys with 225/50/17 are in the garage)

I had got stuck in the snow and managed to break loose in reverse with the VSA turned off.

After that the fault code came on.

I've checked all tires with a proper tire guage and all read 33 psi.

1)Can the cause of the fault be the "different" tire size from stock?

2) Is this fault more cold weather related?

3) Should I go back to the tire shop that I bought my tires from or go back to the Acura dealer on this fix?

4) Will I have to re-program my tpms for "snow tire" and "stock tire " applications?

5) How many tpms programs can the the tsx hold or will i have to do this every time I swap the wheels over?

Thanks
Donald
09TSX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2008, 03:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Detail DiRTBAG!

My Ride: 2009 Polished Metal TSX
ex-rotary owner has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.ex-rotary owner has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.ex-rotary owner has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.ex-rotary owner has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.ex-rotary owner has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

its either the cold weather or the tpms wasnt put on correctly.
most likely cold weather though... especially if its that cold out where you are at.
ex-rotary owner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 08:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2009 Acura TSX
Darren , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.Darren , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.Darren , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

Are the TPMS sensors Acura specific? Others have had the same problem with the universal TPMS sensors that you can buy from places like Tire Rack or other wheel/tire distributors. You'll probably have to go to the dealer and have them programmed.

Fortunately for me I bought a set of TPMS sensors that actually came off a 2009 TSX for my new wheels. So they were already programmed to work. Swapped the wheels on and they recognized them instantly.
Aero Sport Kit, Paintmatched Front Grill, Rear Decklid Spoiler, 19"x8" Liquid Silver RonJon Legends, 245/35 Falken FK-452, Rotora Front Big Brake Kit, Eibach Pro-Kit, Project KICs R26 Black Chrome Lugs, 35% Tint, Debadged Rear, Removed Intake Resonator
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 11:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
Are the TPMS sensors Acura specific? Others have had the same problem with the universal TPMS sensors that you can buy from places like Tire Rack or other wheel/tire distributors. You'll probably have to go to the dealer and have them programmed.

Fortunately for me I bought a set of TPMS sensors that actually came off a 2009 TSX for my new wheels. So they were already programmed to work. Swapped the wheels on and they recognized them instantly.

thanks for the replies. the tpms are purchased from the acura dealer along with the steel wheels. the only after market item is the snow tires which are a slightly narrower and higher profile tire than the stock tires..

do you guys think it may be the small "sizing" difference causing the system function error??

the light is still on there still snow on the ground but its warming up outside to +5c
Old 12-31-2008, 04:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Member

Darren , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.Darren , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.Darren , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09TSX View Post
thanks for the replies. the tpms are purchased from the acura dealer along with the steel wheels. the only after market item is the snow tires which are a slightly narrower and higher profile tire than the stock tires..

do you guys think it may be the small "sizing" difference causing the system function error??

the light is still on there still snow on the ground but its warming up outside to +5c
It shouldn't matter what the tire size is...33psi of pressure is the same whether it be in a wheelbarrow tire or a monster truck tire. My wheels are 19" and my tires are wider and the sidewall thinner but mine work normally. It's def a sensor issue. I'd just take it back to Acura and tell them to fix it.
Aero Sport Kit, Paintmatched Front Grill, Rear Decklid Spoiler, 19"x8" Liquid Silver RonJon Legends, 245/35 Falken FK-452, Rotora Front Big Brake Kit, Eibach Pro-Kit, Project KICs R26 Black Chrome Lugs, 35% Tint, Debadged Rear, Removed Intake Resonator
Old 01-01-2009, 05:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Member

thanks man appt made with Acura. hopefully if it is a defect they will fix it under warranty! and not say that "Acura didnt install it a tire shop installed it and therefore no warranty". if it is damaged from backing into a snow bank then i understand there will be no warranty...but looking at it there is no physical damage and all tire pressures are reading correctly according to the manual.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Member

Quote:
It shouldn't matter what the tire size is...33psi of pressure is the same whether it be in a wheel barrow tire or a monster truck tire. My wheels are 19" and my tires are wider and the sidewall thinner but mine work normally. It's def a sensor issue. I'd just take it back to Acura and tell them to fix it.

i learned yesterday from my buddy who works for honda saying that ...possibly Acura may have to re-program the sensors as my snow tires/ with rims have a different set of sensors than my stock alloys.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09TSX View Post
i learned yesterday from my buddy who works for honda saying that ...possibly Acura may have to re-program the sensors as my snow tires/ with rims have a different set of sensors than my stock alloys.
Quite possibly. But like I said, I bought a 2nd set of TPMS sensors but they came directly off another '09 TSX, and they're working perfectly with no issues.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX/2009/Black/6 speed
Tishkevich is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Quote:
Quite possibly. But like I said, I bought a 2nd set of TPMS sensors but they came directly off another '09 TSX, and they're working perfectly with no issues.
Why didn't you use the sensors out your own stock wheels?
Tishkevich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2009, 07:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Acura Tsx 2008 no Navy Auto
silver08tsx has a slight shameless behaviour in his/her past.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tishkevich View Post
Why didn't you use the sensors out your own stock wheels?
Probably labor to be switching from snow to summer back and forth would run more and be more hasle then just to buy another set of TPMS sensor's. Sounds like something i would of done.
silver08tsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX/2010/Palladium
Italiano is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

Question

I bought Accord Wheels for my TSX, I hoped the TPMS sensors
would be recognized but after 3 days I now get this code.

So, first of all - I knew this might happen when I made my decision....

Can I get these Sensors re-programmed to my car or do I
have to buy Acura TSX sensors & have them programmed to my car?

For reference: I have 18 inch accord wheels on my TSX that came with 17 inch wheels.
Italiano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX 09 Grey
jasz is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

Doubt it's the cold. -10C is a normal winter day everywhere in Canada.. except for Vancouver :P

Maybe the sensor came loose while jerking the car back and forth trying to get unstuck? Never heard of a winter setting for the sensors either.

EDIT: oh.. old thread
jasz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement