TSX Tech pkg blown speaker issues - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Welcome > TSX Problems and Fixes > 2nd Gen - Problems and Fixes

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: tsx/2009/polished metal
sju1982 is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

Devil TSX Tech pkg blown speaker issues

Just purchased a 09' TSX with only 10k miles and factory certified, on my test drive i didn't really test the audio much because the salesman kept talking up the car only to find out when driving it home the right rear speaker is completely blown, how can you have a certified vehicle if you don't even bother to notice the obvious. So i made an appointment to get it fixed and had to bring it in for testing, so i brought it in and the tone deaf shop rep took 5 mins to figure out its blown and order another, then i have to make another appointment to have it installed, now the other back speaker is starting to crackle at lower volumes, tell tale sign of a voice coil going bad!!! what kinda crap is this, I've installed systems that sound better and get louder and cleaner for under $400, the kicker is with the ELS audio sys you cant even upgrade if you want to everything is proprietary, you cant even get a line out signal from the head unit to use your own amp and speakers. Dont get me wrong the ELS sounds great for a factory sys when the speakers work but this is unacceptable for even a econo box Chevy let alone an acura. Any one else had this problem or need to vent please join the discussion.
sju1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Acura 09 Pearl
nazzzcar is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

I too recently purchased a CPO 09' and like you didnt notice the mid range door speaker being flaky . Took it back in and they had to order the speaker. One other issue I didnt notice was the outer recesses of the painted grill (could be coated imo) are bubbling and showing the black plastic. Service coordinator said they would replace that as well. Other then that, it is one nice ride and really enjoy it to this point.

Nazzzcar
nazzzcar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Staff: Rank 5
Performance

My Ride: TSX/05/CGP
tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.tottenham12712 is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sju1982 View Post
Just purchased a 09' TSX with only 10k miles and factory certified, on my test drive i didn't really test the audio much because the salesman kept talking up the car only to find out when driving it home the right rear speaker is completely blown, how can you have a certified vehicle if you don't even bother to notice the obvious. So i made an appointment to get it fixed and had to bring it in for testing, so i brought it in and the tone deaf shop rep took 5 mins to figure out its blown and order another, then i have to make another appointment to have it installed, now the other back speaker is starting to crackle at lower volumes, tell tale sign of a voice coil going bad!!! what kinda crap is this, I've installed systems that sound better and get louder and cleaner for under $400, the kicker is with the ELS audio sys you cant even upgrade if you want to everything is proprietary, you cant even get a line out signal from the head unit to use your own amp and speakers. Dont get me wrong the ELS sounds great for a factory sys when the speakers work but this is unacceptable for even a econo box Chevy let alone an acura. Any one else had this problem or need to vent please join the discussion.
well to calm you down lol, you dont NEED pre outs to have a good system, i should really make this a thread because ive said this like 9 times haha. but anyways you use the on board amps as preamps, then each speaker gets its own channel (subs get one) and they each go into your new amp. your setup looks bone stock, kicks harder than most systems and you call it a day

just swap out your speakers for JLs or Alpines cause youll pop the stockies really quick if you dont
Old 03-24-2011, 04:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: tsx/2009/polished metal
sju1982 is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

I've read that the signal coming from the ELS amp is specifically tuned for the Panasonic speakers it pushes so if you tap into the line going to the sub woofer you will only get the frequency the little 8" factory sub can handle and miss out on a ton of low range, same goes for the mid range speakers witch makes this one hard system to upgrade, wish i knew this when i bought the tech package
sju1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Co-Driver

My Ride: TSX/09/Vortex Blue
D Garage is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

my 09 tech speakers are blown. will be replacing all but the sub and center speaker.

TSeXy Girl
D Garage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: acura/2010/black
blk10tsx is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

same here, bought my '10 tech and didnt notice until 3 days later that the passanger door speaker sounded blown also.
blk10tsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Co-Driver

Ya my passenger front speaker is the worst but I think all 6 6.5" speakers are blown. I just got my replacement speakers today and I will try and install tomorrow.

TSeXy Girl
Old 04-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Co-Driver

Finished pulling my speakers 5 out of 6 were blown. Now I just have to make some mounts and do some wiring for the new speakers. I will post pictures as soon as I have time

TSeXy Girl
Old 04-22-2012, 07:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: AcuraTSX/2009/GrigioMetallic
tymeador is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

Same issue here with my 09 TSX CPO i purchased last week. 3 blown speakers and dealership replaced all 3 under warranty. Agreed CPO should mean they spend the extra time to verify equipment is functioning correctly, but at least it was covered.
tymeador is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Co-Driver

Too bad mine was out of warranty. Just finished installing the new speakers yesterday. Even though its a good amount of work, it's worth it in the end. The new speakers sound amazing. I am hoping to have some free time tonight to do a write up.

TSeXy Girl
Old 07-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
RML-R1
Regional Meet Leader
San Diego,CA
TOTM 2013

My Ride: TSX/09/Grigio Metallic
shady_cu2 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.shady_cu2 , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

I'm way passed my warranty, still replacing speakers because they replaced them like 5 times when under warranty...
Instagram: alani_fouquette
PS3: alani_fouquette
shady_cu2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Co-Driver

Ya for how good the sound system is supposed to be the speakers sure do suck haha. I still need to post up my how-to sometime.

TSeXy Girl
Old 07-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Acura/2009/Gray
JR_Rider is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

I just noticed the front passenger door speaker in my 2009 TSX tech package is blown as well. When I went into the sound settings I noticed it was set towards the driver by the previous owner I would imagine. I purchased the car as a CPO from Crown Acura. I have scheduled an appointment to have the speaker replaced.
JR_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX/2010/Grigio
Mr. Merky is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

I got to start checking my speakers too. But CPO or not, it should still be covered by the manufacturer's warranty correct? Mine is a 2010 with 17K miles.
Mr. Merky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Co-Driver

3 YEAR 36^ You should be fine^

TSeXy Girl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement