Acura TSX Forum banner

Help with faulty trunk button

31K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  RTinTN 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my 05 TSX trunk button. The power trunk works because I can pop the trunk with the remote button. That means my trunk motor is fully functional. I also checked the hidden trunk lock in the glove compartment, switched it on and off and still my trunk button is not working.

Anyone have this problem and have fixed it? It would be helpful if someone can shed some light for my problem. If someone have already fixed this problem and a part was required to replace, please let me know and I can drop by my dealer to obtain the new part.

Please chime in.

Thank you in advance for the help :)

#2 ·
i have the same problem and dont know how to fix it .

#4 ·
I've noticed on mine, if i keep the trunk release lever (beside driver seat) locked, it disables the trunk button. Also, when I discovered that the trunk button is somehow tied in with the driver side door actuator. When my driver front actuator went out and would not unlock with the rest of the doors, the trunk button wouldn't work either.

#5 ·
Thanks for everyone's input.
My hidden switch is definately on and my driver door actuator is working properly.

Anyone else might have a solution? It would suck to pay Acura to diagnose the problem.

Thanks again! :)

#8 ·
Any solution yet? If not, you should use a multimeter to check for continuity on both the glove box switch and the trunk switch. Both are 2-pin connectors and will show continuity when ON (or depressed for the trunk). If one or more does not show continuity, replace.

#11 ·
Yea, I think I first have to bring it to my friend who is a mechanic to test and see if there is power going through.

Age, thank you for your link. I might have to replace the switch assembly in order to get it working. My trunk motor is working as I can hear it lock/unlock when using the remote control trunk release button.

As soon as I find a fix, I will update you guys.

Thank you for jumping in to help out. Unfortunately, I am out of warranty and all the costs of parts and labour will be on me.

Thanks again guys :)

#15 ·
My wife's 2010 Acura TSX trunk would not open with the inside switch next to the driver seat, rear button on the trunk lid or with her remote. I Googled the trunk issues and found the hidden switch inside the glove box on the left side. I found it was down and returned it to the upward position. After doing this all buttons release and open the trunk just fine. Hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.