2014 Acura RLX replaces SH-AWD with P-AWS - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Entertainment Forum > Automotive Discussion

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Staff: Rank 0
Administrator

My Ride: Acura TSX 2006
News Reporter , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.News Reporter , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

2014 Acura RLX replaces SH-AWD with P-AWS

Filed under: LA Auto Show, Sedan, Acura, Luxury

After teasing us with the thinly veiled concept earlier this year, Acura has officially taken the wraps off its all-new flagship sedan, the 2014 Acura RLX. Aside from its huge step forward in terms of styling and luxury, the new RLX could very well be the most advanced Acura model ever.

While the previous RL could have been one of the blandest luxury sedans of its time, the RLX builds on stylish cues introduced this year on the ILX and RDX. One of the car's signature elements is its jewel-eyed LED headlights that could end up rivaling Audi for the most distinctive in the business. The rear view of the car isn't as unique as the front, but no less attractive with LED taillights that have a slight BMW vibe and odd, chrome-ringed reflectors at the bottom of the fascia. The interior is exactly what we've come to expect from Acura with its dual-brow instrument panel and a sporty three-spoke steering wheel.

On the technology front, the RLX debuts driving features such as Precision All-Wheel Steer (P-AWS), Adaptive Cruise Control with a low-speed follow feature and Agile Handling Assist while the interior gets a high-end Krell audio system, cloud-based AcuraLink and a multi-angle back camera. P-AWS allows the RLX actively and independently adjust the angle of the rear wheels for better agility and braking. Acura ended up cutting almost 275 pounds from the RLX's curb weight (compared to the RL) thanks to the use of high-strength steel and aluminum.

The 2014 RLX uses a 310-horsepower, direct-injected V6 to power the front wheels through a six-speed automatic, and it will go on sale in the spring; the 370-hp RLX hybrid goes on sale later next year.

Scroll down for Acura's press release.Continue reading 2014 Acura RLX replaces SH-AWD with P-AWS

2014 Acura RLX replaces SH-AWD with P-AWS originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 28 Nov 2012 17:19:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
News Reporter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bardi

My Ride: 04 Black TSX 6spd
awoc is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.awoc is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.awoc is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.awoc is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.awoc is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.awoc is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.awoc is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.awoc is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

This is crazy news! I am a big fan of the AWS.

First ever one piece TSX short shifter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-ge...tml#post755041
Ported and matched intake manifold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-ge...tml#post723306
awoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX/2009/Glacier Blue
Jeremiah has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.Jeremiah has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.Jeremiah has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

That thing is sleek... It's like a big beautiful battlestar...

No where near owning one in the future, but wouldn't mind driving one for rental while tsx is in shop...
Jeremiah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Club Member

My Ride: 2006 CL9 6MT
whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

definitely a good car from Acura, the AWD version should be a beast

Past: 2004 IBP TSX 5AT
Present: 2006 ASM TSX 6MT
whatsanacura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 06 CL9 RBP; 02 EP3 NHBP
dbl-htch is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

ahhh, (class-leading) technology, efficiency, value... welcome back Honda!
Here's hoping the magic Honda formula can also return to their "lesser" cars, like the Civic, ILX, Fit, etc sometime soon...
dbl-htch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
True Honda Head

My Ride: TSX/07/PWP BB6/2000/PWP TUNDRA/08/W
aNgRyAgEnT is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

I said it in that other thread and I'll say it again in this one, that car is ugly. Initial attraction is procured by beauty and that car is lacking. I think that is part of the problem with Acura's sales numbers in the last few years is the cars don't look near as good as they used to. The grills gotta go..

I'd walk through a mile of broken glass barefooted just to listen to Kate Upton slowly fart through a walkie talkie
aNgRyAgEnT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 02:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 06 TSX 6-speed
YellowLobster , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.YellowLobster , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

Technology might be cutting edge, but the thing looks like an overblown ILX/last gen camry! Remember the good old days with the TSX, RSX, the last good looking TL? Acura hasn't had their shit together in almost a decade, they are really falling behind every other automaker, let alone the luxury makes they pretend to be competing with.
YellowLobster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Tsx/2004/NBP
peterscrib is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

look at those dual brake calipers! =D interested.. and i'm with awoc I LOVE aws.

It was super awesome in the old preludes, cant imagine what they could do with a 4wd aws =D

too bad i probably cant afford this car.. =(
PLM Race Header
Single Exhaust custom Mandreled. 2.75inch
Tein SS Coilovers
Ingalls Camber Kit
Progress RSB
peterscrib is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement