Hmm what would you do? - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Entertainment Forum > Automotive Discussion

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX/2006/NBP
sml-2727 is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

Hmm what would you do?

Well my 06 TSX is closing in on 100k and I have been thinking of buying a new car, a few I have been looking at are a 2009 (gen1) mazdaspeed 3 with 40k, this car is definitely in my price range but I know nothing about mazda so im a little shaky on buying one, a friend of mine owns a 08 and loves his.

Another car grabbing my eye is the new Ford focus ST,its more money but it would be a new car so I know its under warranty, along with the focus, ford will be coming out with a fiesta st, seems that it might be smaller than I would want though. And way out in left field is a Scion xB, I really like the space it gives and im sure it will last forever and if I got one of those I could turbo it and it would give me close to 300hp, and it would still be way cheaper than any of the other cars.

Or do I just keep the TSX for another 100k
sml-2727 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2007 Acura TSX Silver
jvillefinest has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.jvillefinest has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.jvillefinest has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

Hmm what would you do?

Up to you. My buddy has a Mazda 3 turbo. If you plan on messing w the motor just know you reach the limit quick because of lack of aftermarket for their high pressure injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Never be bound by what has been done, find why something hasn't been done and then make it happen. Nothing gives satisfaction like a job done by yourself.

Build Thread:
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/tsx-bu...ld-thread.html

+Rep freely
jvillefinest is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Member

Yeah I would have no plans for doing that. I like to keep my cars pretty much stock, maybe a exhaust,intake and a bov nothing to crazy.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Club Member

My Ride: 2006 CL9 6MT
whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

Personally i'd keep the TSX or upgrade to a 2G TSX

Past: 2004 IBP TSX 5AT
Present: 2006 ASM TSX 6MT
whatsanacura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 1992 Acura NSX; 2014 Acura RLX
TSX69 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.TSX69 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.TSX69 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.TSX69 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.TSX69 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

Devil +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsanacura View Post
This seems like a good idea, especially if the rumors of the TSX's demise are true.
TSX69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
silver,AT,non-navi

My Ride: acura/tsx/2006
tsxprincess is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Keep the TSX, and save your money.
tsxprincess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 2004 Carbon Grey Pearl Acura TSX
JTrix215 is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.JTrix215 is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.JTrix215 is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.JTrix215 is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.JTrix215 is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.JTrix215 is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

I would stretch atleast to 150k and then then come back to this question.

Multi-faceted automotive enthusiast.
JTrix215 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Save the Manuals!

My Ride: 2006 TSX NBP 6MT
kvndoom is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

I had a 2009 Speed3. I would only recommend that car to masochists or people I don't like. You gain: power. You lose: everything else. The cheapness of that car was horrendous. If you like squeaks and rattles, knock yourself out.

Sure, plenty others haven't had a lot of problems, but remember cheap turbo cars are almost always modified out the ass and abused. I would never buy one used, even if I could bring myself to owning it again.

Now many of the major problems were fixed with the 2010+ models, so a 2009 would be totally out of the question for me.

Mazdaspeed forums (known as MSF) is a good place to read owner trials and tribulations. You can learn the good and bad (and worse) about the cars from owners.

Current: 2006 Black TSX 6MT non-navi -2nd engine
Previous: 2011 Accord Coupe V6/6MT
Future: who knows...?
kvndoom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 92 Dodge Stealth TT
mikesx4911 is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsanacura View Post
+1 I would rather drive that TSX than every car you just listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSX69 View Post
This seems like a good idea, especially if the rumors of the TSX's demise are true.
WHAT!!!! I just bought my first TSX 2 days ago. Demise no not yet!!!!
mikesx4911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
L.A. > the rest

My Ride: keeps my butt warm
SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

I can't imagine life without my TSX...
SLIKRIK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
" It Is What It Is "

My Ride: break necks....
tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.tsx4life is almost as elite as a forum moderator.

I say keep up with the maintenance and enjoy the tsx till the end...
tsx4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
I </3 NY ROADS

My Ride: is feel'in Blue
BluLabelCL9 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.BluLabelCL9 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.BluLabelCL9 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.BluLabelCL9 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.BluLabelCL9 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.BluLabelCL9 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.BluLabelCL9 is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIKRIK View Post
^This...

I would test drive all those options and see how I like them. TSX really spoils us for the price.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Co-Driver

My Ride: TSX/09/Vortex Blue
D Garage is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIKRIK View Post

TSeXy Girl
D Garage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Member

Wow, thanks for all the advice, now im defiantly leaning to just keeping my car.

I guess to celebrate I will change out all the fluids for its 100k bday...lol

Should I just stick with all Honda fluids or are other brands better? If I take it to the shop how much would I spend for transmission,power steering,brake and coolant flush.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
L.A. > the rest

My Ride: keeps my butt warm
SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.SLIKRIK is either technically knowledgeable, or well loved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
Wow, thanks for all the advice, now im defiantly leaning to just keeping my car.

I guess to celebrate I will change out all the fluids for its 100k bday...lol

Should I just stick with all Honda fluids or are other brands better? If I take it to the shop how much would I spend for transmission,power steering,brake and coolant flush.
OEM. And don't flush. Drain and fill. If ur unable to perform this urself or have a knowledgeable friend assist u then I'd look for legitimate acura/honda service shops in ur area...generally around 3 shops and compare prices. Don't go to the dealership unless u wanna get raped.
SLIKRIK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement