Does anyone else not like the body panel lines/separation of the 3rd gen TL? - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Entertainment Forum > Automotive Discussion

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX/2008/black
TSXnewbie5 is incorrigible, and on a quick path to self-destruction.

Does anyone else not like the body panel lines/separation of the 3rd gen TL?

I am referring to the defining lines in between each panel, it just doesn't look right to me
TSXnewbie5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: SSM 04 TSX AT NAV.
efrah62 is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Re: Does anyone else not like the body panel separation of the 1st gen TL?

Wow! Really? U just dont know when to stop....
efrah62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrah62 View Post
Wow! Really? U just dont know when to stop....
What are you talkin about?? I didn't include this in my tsx threads because it's not about tsxs
Old 01-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
四世

My Ride: makes too much noise.
Downshift has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.Downshift has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.Downshift has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downshift View Post
I really think you should just combine your questions into one thread though, because they aren't worth you creating a whole new thread about them... Also as a courtesy to other people that want to post threads, because in this section, there are 10 threads allowed not including stickies; you have 6 out of the 10 threads...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiggisapimp View Post
you should make one thread then update it with all of your pointless concerns.
- or -

I dunno if you noticed, but if you scroll down you'll find these guys just chillin'.

...and don't say none of your threads fit these categories.
Downshift is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downshift View Post
- or -

I dunno if you noticed, but if you scroll down you'll find these guys just chillin'.

...and don't say none of your threads fit these categories.
I won't say none of them do but very few do enough to justify placing them in such low traffic sections compared to this where no one would see them
Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
My car whines

My Ride: '04 SSM TSX /w '06 Navi
raigen18 is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

the tsx design looks more "clean" and streamlined. But i think the TL is more aggressive looking and commands more road presence especially with the wider stance, flared fender arches and slightly different headlight design (compared to the tsx)
CT-E Supercharger 8.5 psi | CT-E Icebox Intake | CT-E 520cc Injectors | 40* VTC | Weapon-R 4-2-1 Race Header | Fastline Performance High Flow Cat | 06+ Throttle Body | XLR8 Aluminum Pulley | Hondata Flashpro
Suspension/Wheels
Tein Street Basis Coilovers | Progress 22mm RSB | TL Type S FSB | Ingalls Rear Camber Kit | Moog Endlinks + Sway bar bushings | Enkei RPF1 18x8 +35 | Hankook Ventus EVO V12 P225/40ZR18
Exterior
A-SPEC Lip Kit | Osram Zenarc CBI 5000K HID | M3 Style Lip Spoiler | 20% Solar Guard Ceramic Tint | H9 Fog Lights |
Misc Mods
06-08 Navigation Swap / Voice Control / HFL / Shift Knob / Steering Wheel / Backup Camera / USB-AUX-iPod-XM-Video | 06+ Gauge Cluster Swap | 07-08 ECU | Viper 5901 Remote Starter and Alarm | Infinity 6.5" Components + 6x9 Speakers | TL-S Switchblade Key
raigen18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
True Honda Head

My Ride: TSX/07/PWP BB6/2000/PWP TUNDRA/08/W
aNgRyAgEnT is neutral and has a clean balanced record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raigen18 View Post
the tsx design looks more "clean" and streamlined. But i think the TL is more aggressive looking and commands more road presence especially with the wider stance, flared fender arches and slightly different headlight design (compared to the tsx)

I think that's the best description I've heard right there.

I'd walk through a mile of broken glass barefooted just to listen to Kate Upton slowly fart through a walkie talkie
aNgRyAgEnT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Premium Club Member

My Ride: 2006 CL9 6MT
whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyAgEnT View Post
I think that's the best description I've heard right there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raigen18 View Post
+1 well said

Past: 2004 IBP TSX 5AT
2006 ASM TSX 6MT

Present: 2004 GPW AP2
whatsanacura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 12:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
cYn
Staff: Rank 2
Chief SuperModerator
Info Center / Car Care & DIY
TOTM 2014

My Ride: TSX/2007/CGP
cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.

Guys, even though TSXnewbie5 is creating a lot of threads, they are of topic and in appropriate sections. If you guys see any of his thread asking duplicate questions of past threads, post it in the thread and I'll lock the new thread. Otherwise, he's not doing any harm.

This thread is discussing 3G TL in the Automotive section. I don't see anything wrong with it.
- I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan
- The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars. - William Westmoreland
- Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die. - Herbert Hoover
- The secret recipe to great tasting food is hunger. - Unknown
- The key to immortality is first to live a life worth remembering. - Bruce Lee
- If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Isaac Newton
- Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lessons afterwards. - Unknown
- Always look at how far you have come rather than how far you have to go. Always count your blessing, not what you are missing. - Unknown
- If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it. - Unknown
cYn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Amante de la Noche

My Ride: NBP 2006 Acura TSX 6MT w/Navi
Velocifero has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.Velocifero has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.Velocifero has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.Velocifero has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

I love the TL as well. It's too bad it pretty much has only one lip kit (A-Spec), which doesn't flatter it too much imo. For body lines, I think the TL has sexy lines as well, not too different from our TSX. As for the wide fender flares of the TL compared to the TSX, I think the TSX can also appear wide with the addition of a lip kit. Not to whore my car out, but this is the comparison I'm talking about. That fact that the lip kit makes it a little lower also helps make it appear wider.

Hondata Reflash | Tein Comfort Sport suspension | Progress RSB | Mugen GP wheels | Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires | Euro R lip kit |
EDM Ducktail spoiler | JDM taillights | Osram Xenarc CBI low beams | Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H1 high beams | Nokya 2500K H7 fog lights |
USASpec PA15-HON2 iPod interface
Velocifero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Chief SuperModerator
Marketplace
TOTM 2010

My Ride: 06 ASM
tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.tekneek is a commander of respect from all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cYn View Post
Guys, even though TSXnewbie5 is creating a lot of threads, they are of topic and in appropriate sections. If you guys see any of his thread asking duplicate questions of past threads, post it in the thread and I'll lock the new thread. Otherwise, he's not doing any harm.

This thread is discussing 3G TL in the Automotive section. I don't see anything wrong with it.
It was in the first gen section before i moved it
tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
cYn
Chief SuperModerator
Info Center / Car Care & DIY
TOTM 2014

My Ride: TSX/2007/CGP
cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.cYn is a respected community contributor of high levels and success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekneek View Post
It was in the first gen section before i moved it
woops, then I stand corrected
- I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan
- The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars. - William Westmoreland
- Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die. - Herbert Hoover
- The secret recipe to great tasting food is hunger. - Unknown
- The key to immortality is first to live a life worth remembering. - Bruce Lee
- If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Isaac Newton
- Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lessons afterwards. - Unknown
- Always look at how far you have come rather than how far you have to go. Always count your blessing, not what you are missing. - Unknown
- If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it. - Unknown
cYn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

My Ride: 2006 ABP & 2011 CBP Wagon
endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.endlesswinterco is on the distinguished road to high status recognition.

should be closed!

Currently:
2006 ABP
2011 CBP Tech Wagon
endlesswinterco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: TSX/2008/white/5AT/Navi/K&N Filter
AGCUSN is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

TL Body

I think the 3rd generation TL is just about as ugly as it gets, especially the back end of it.
AGCUSN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Amante de la Noche

My Ride: NBP 2006 Acura TSX 6MT w/Navi
Velocifero has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.Velocifero has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.Velocifero has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.Velocifero has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGCUSN View Post
I think the 3rd generation TL is just about as ugly as it gets, especially the back end of it.
Then you must think our cars are ugly then since they're so simliar. That's like calling your identical twin ugly lol. Here's my mom's TL with me creepin in the back.

Hondata Reflash | Tein Comfort Sport suspension | Progress RSB | Mugen GP wheels | Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires | Euro R lip kit |
EDM Ducktail spoiler | JDM taillights | Osram Xenarc CBI low beams | Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H1 high beams | Nokya 2500K H7 fog lights |
USASpec PA15-HON2 iPod interface
Velocifero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement