2014 Acura RLX - Acura TSX Forum
Home Forums Register Go Premium Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Auto Loans Members List vBGarage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Acura TSX Forum > Entertainment Forum > Automotive Discussion

Welcome to TSXClub.com!
Welcome to TSXClub.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join TSXClub.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Staff: Rank 0
Administrator

My Ride: Acura TSX 2006
News Reporter , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.News Reporter , with enough acceptance, will soon become famous.

2014 Acura RLX

Filed under: Sedan, Acura, First Drives, Luxury

Good. But Good Enough?

Spoiler alert: The 2014 Acura RLX is a good car. But that shouldn't come as a surprise. Despite the fact that Acura is subject to a lot of criticism for things like its odd positioning in the automotive landscape, questionable styling choices in recent years, and the fact that, more or less, its products feel like lux'd-up Hondas rather than something truly unique, the cars have always been inherently good - decent to drive, nice to sit in and reliable to own. That's what happens when you ride that sort of "affordable luxury" line.

Because Acura's sedans don't really fit into any one definable segment, the brand hopes it can draw customers from a broader range who aren't necessarily dedicated to a certain marque. And while there's certainly rhyme to that reason on the more entry-level end of the spectrum, that proposition makes less sense as you move toward higher price points. (Have a gander at the Hyundai Equus, if you will.) On the other hand, Acura pulled data from a 2012 Strategic Vision survey that showed the number one purchase decision for luxury buyers last year was value for the money, with manufacturer reputation coming in at a close second.

Which brings us to the 2014 RLX, a flagship that will compete in the mid/high luxury segment, battling cars like the BMW 5 Series and Audi A6, but, according to Acura, reaches up into 7 Series and A8 territory, as well.

"This is the best car Acura has ever produced," said Michael Accavitti, the automaker's vice president of national marketing operations. And he may be right. But is it truly good enough to be a more renowned player in this higher-end segment than the outgoing RL was? (That shouldn't be too hard, given the fact that the RL was the worst-selling car of 2011.) We hit the roads around Napa Valley to find out.Continue reading 2014 Acura RLX

2014 Acura RLX originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
News Reporter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: Acura TSX 2004 White
hkcuellar91 is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

BMW from the side. Lexus ES from the front and back.

IMO...,

UGLY!
hkcuellar91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Club Member

My Ride: 2006 CL9 6MT
whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.whatsanacura has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

I actually like it, it's definitely an improvement over the last gen

Past: 2004 IBP TSX 5AT
Present: 2006 ASM TSX 6MT
whatsanacura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Member

My Ride: 1992 Acura NSX; 2014 Acura RLX
TSX69 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.TSX69 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.TSX69 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.TSX69 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.TSX69 has a spectacular aura and a relevant respect from many.

Geek Looks OK

Bland but not offensive which I am sure is what they were going for. I do wish they had added a little more flair like chrome door handles.

This is still ear marked for my next car but not really feeling the $60k price tag just to get rear shades & ventilated seats. Now going to wait for the SH-SH-AWD version to see what other goodies & hopefully improved looks it brings.

I do not see this thing selling that well for Acura - hopefully I am wrong. If I am not, then I could possibly buy this for well below invoice like the RL.
TSX69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Triple Rollover Survivor

My Ride: 2004 CL9 6MT - Satin Silver Metallic
NihonTSX is an unknown soldier, or on the road to either parallels.

Re: 2014 Acura RLX

Just saw it in person at the Chicago Auto Show yesterday, and I'm bored. I mean, staring into LED array headlights is cool and all but it's still soft and about two segments above fun--hence why I own a TSX. Plus, pictures make it look more appealing than (I think) it actually is face to face. Not a bad looking animal, just not terribly enthralling.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G XE with Beats Audio using AutoGuide App

"Roxie" - 2004 CL9 6MT - Satin Silver Metalllic
Mods planned in the wake of an unfortunate total:
-LED tail retro from MMSport
-H&R Sport Springs
-Bilstein B6 HD Shocks
-CT Engineering Icebox
-Hondata Reflash

Mods Thus Far:
-Alba Engineering Short Shifter
-CorSport Shifter Base Bushings
-Interior LEDs from exLED.com