Extended Warranty - Acura TSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Extended Warranty

Anyone purchase extended warranties from the dealerships? My TSX is ending on its factory warranty and they was I believe $1800 for another 50,000 miles. Just wanted to know what other people were paying. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Co-Driver

Ya my gf got the extended warranty.. its was $1,690 and its 7 years 100,000 miles bumper to bumper

TSeXy Girl
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam5c
Anyone purchase extended warranties from the dealerships? My TSX is ending on its factory warranty and they was I believe $1800 for another 50,000 miles. Just wanted to know what other people were paying. Thanks.
That's just way too expensive in my opinion. I look at the car's past history as a precursor to future history. If it has a clear repair history, I'd put the $1800 in a savings account to use for future problems....that is, if you even have any. Check this website out for further info http://www.hondacuraworld.com/Mercha...gory_Code=WARR

2008 TSX w/Navi
Premium White Pearl w/Parchment
Rear Wing Spoiler
Trunk Tray
Wheel Locks

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Registered Member

I'm in this same predicament. I'm about to purchase an '05 TSX with Navi from the dealer. It's a certified pre-owned that comes with the 6 year/160,000 km power train warranty. I already signed the papers and put down an $1100 down payment on the car. I'm suppose to pick up the car tomorrow (or Tuesday if everything is done), and the rep just called me now and asked me if I wanted the extended Bumper to Bumper warranty for 6 years/160,000km for $1300 originally $1800-$500 cause it's a CPO.

I'm tempted to get it, but at the same time mad cause the sales guy didn't do this while we were negotiating and I already put the down payment so I sort of feel stuck. I told them I didn't want my monthly payments to be over $400/mth. We got it down to that, but now they just called me up for this. Suggestions would be great, is this worth it.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 10:13 PM
" It Is What It Is "

Send a message via AIM to tsx4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscaBoi
I'm in this same predicament. I'm about to purchase an '05 TSX with Navi from the dealer. It's a certified pre-owned that comes with the 6 year/160,000 km power train warranty. I already signed the papers and put down an $1100 down payment on the car. I'm suppose to pick up the car tomorrow (or Tuesday if everything is done), and the rep just called me now and asked me if I wanted the extended Bumper to Bumper warranty for 6 years/160,000km for $1300 originally $1800-$500 cause it's a CPO.

I'm tempted to get it, but at the same time mad cause the sales guy didn't do this while we were negotiating and I already put the down payment so I sort of feel stuck. I told them I didn't want my monthly payments to be over $400/mth. We got it down to that, but now they just called me up for this. Suggestions would be great, is this worth it.
not really what they didnt tell u is that u have 30 days to return the car if u not satistied...check into it

" I Love JDM "
" Haters Keep em' Coming "
....lol...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsx4life
not really what they didnt tell u is that u have 30 days to return the car if u not satistied...check into it
All the sales rep told me was that they offer a 7 day exchange policy for the vehicle. I didn't get too much into that, since I'm sure there's some sort of catch. Anyways, I really want the warranty but $1300 more is a little out of my budget... it means upping my monthly payments to over $400 a month
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Registered Member

what did you decide on EW?

Have you picked up your car yet? I will be picking mine up on Tuesday. I assume you jumped in on the promo!? Amazing deal!

How about the $7,500 wear and tear coverage!? I opted for that. It sounds like it will cover any comprehensive type ocurance plus all wear and incidental type stuff. This includes tires and rims.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Brandon

When I bought my car a few weeks ago I got the extended warrenty ( 7 year 100k) for $1,500. I knew the guy in the finance department. he said I got a great deal on it.

'08 TSX CGP w/ Navi
'00 Accord V6

PM me about TSXCLUB.NET stickers
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 09:50 AM
Registered Member

I didn't want my payments over $300 and we got it to $287. But the finance guy "suckered" me into "it's only $29/month more" for a $1737 extended warranty. Which will give me bumper to bumper on the next 68k miles, as I bought the car with 32k existing. I don't know if it's worth it or not. Some have said I got screwed. But I guess it's like any insurance, you have it, hoping you never have to use it. But this feels like if I don't use it, I've wasted $1700. I was just leaning on the knowledge that repairs at the dealer seem to always work themselves up to $1000 or more no matter what. So I took the extended coverage.

Here's to hoping I'm not a fool!

If anyone wants to reply and ease or confirm my paranoia i welcome it. )
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 12:56 PM
wagon mafia

My car is a CPO, so it is under full bumper to bumper warranty till 62k miles (2017). I have 32k on it now. Also powertrain (engine/tranny) covered till 120k (2019)

THey offered me full bumper to bumper for $1350, which I declined.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012wagon View Post
My car is a CPO, so it is under full bumper to bumper warranty till 62k miles (2017). I have 32k on it now. Also powertrain (engine/tranny) covered till 120k (2019)

THey offered me full bumper to bumper for $1350, which I declined.
Interesting that you have a 120k power train. Is that a California ACURA standard. Here it is only 100k power train. I had the same Bumper to Bumper for 30k more up to 62k. BUT like I said I opted for the "peace of mind" until 100k or 2019. Thanks for the response.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 04:48 PM
wagon mafia

No idea, if it is a CA thing. It is what is written on paper, that Acura sent me in the mail.

I don't plan to keep the car past 50K miles anyways, so doesnt really matter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement