Extended Warranty - Acura TSX Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 22
 
iTrader: (0)
Extended Warranty

Anyone purchase extended warranties from the dealerships? My TSX is ending on its factory warranty and they was I believe $1800 for another 50,000 miles. Just wanted to know what other people were paying. Thanks.
sam5c is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Co-Driver
 
D Garage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 670
 
iTrader: (0)
Ya my gf got the extended warranty.. its was $1,690 and its 7 years 100,000 miles bumper to bumper


TSeXy Girl
D Garage is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 55
 
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam5c
Anyone purchase extended warranties from the dealerships? My TSX is ending on its factory warranty and they was I believe $1800 for another 50,000 miles. Just wanted to know what other people were paying. Thanks.
That's just way too expensive in my opinion. I look at the car's past history as a precursor to future history. If it has a clear repair history, I'd put the $1800 in a savings account to use for future problems....that is, if you even have any. Check this website out for further info http://www.hondacuraworld.com/Mercha...gory_Code=WARR

2008 TSX w/Navi
Premium White Pearl w/Parchment
Rear Wing Spoiler
Trunk Tray
Wheel Locks
larryziegler is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Registered Member
 
EscaBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 492
   
iTrader: (2)
I'm in this same predicament. I'm about to purchase an '05 TSX with Navi from the dealer. It's a certified pre-owned that comes with the 6 year/160,000 km power train warranty. I already signed the papers and put down an $1100 down payment on the car. I'm suppose to pick up the car tomorrow (or Tuesday if everything is done), and the rep just called me now and asked me if I wanted the extended Bumper to Bumper warranty for 6 years/160,000km for $1300 originally $1800-$500 cause it's a CPO.

I'm tempted to get it, but at the same time mad cause the sales guy didn't do this while we were negotiating and I already put the down payment so I sort of feel stuck. I told them I didn't want my monthly payments to be over $400/mth. We got it down to that, but now they just called me up for this. Suggestions would be great, is this worth it.
EscaBoi is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 10:13 PM
" It Is What It Is "
 
tsx4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 7,490
           
Send a message via AIM to tsx4life
iTrader: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscaBoi
I'm in this same predicament. I'm about to purchase an '05 TSX with Navi from the dealer. It's a certified pre-owned that comes with the 6 year/160,000 km power train warranty. I already signed the papers and put down an $1100 down payment on the car. I'm suppose to pick up the car tomorrow (or Tuesday if everything is done), and the rep just called me now and asked me if I wanted the extended Bumper to Bumper warranty for 6 years/160,000km for $1300 originally $1800-$500 cause it's a CPO.

I'm tempted to get it, but at the same time mad cause the sales guy didn't do this while we were negotiating and I already put the down payment so I sort of feel stuck. I told them I didn't want my monthly payments to be over $400/mth. We got it down to that, but now they just called me up for this. Suggestions would be great, is this worth it.
not really what they didnt tell u is that u have 30 days to return the car if u not satistied...check into it

" I Love JDM "
" Haters Keep em' Coming "
....lol...
tsx4life is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Registered Member
 
EscaBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 492
   
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsx4life
not really what they didnt tell u is that u have 30 days to return the car if u not satistied...check into it
All the sales rep told me was that they offer a 7 day exchange policy for the vehicle. I didn't get too much into that, since I'm sure there's some sort of catch. Anyways, I really want the warranty but $1300 more is a little out of my budget... it means upping my monthly payments to over $400 a month
EscaBoi is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: YKF
Posts: 12
 
iTrader: (0)
what did you decide on EW?

Have you picked up your car yet? I will be picking mine up on Tuesday. I assume you jumped in on the promo!? Amazing deal!

How about the $7,500 wear and tear coverage!? I opted for that. It sounds like it will cover any comprehensive type ocurance plus all wear and incidental type stuff. This includes tires and rims.
onmedic is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Brandon
 
DJ2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Chicagoland
Posts: 1,250
      
iTrader: (6)
When I bought my car a few weeks ago I got the extended warrenty ( 7 year 100k) for $1,500. I knew the guy in the finance department. he said I got a great deal on it.

'08 TSX CGP w/ Navi
'00 Accord V6



PM me about TSXCLUB.NET stickers
DJ2000 is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 09:50 AM
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3
 
iTrader: (0)
I didn't want my payments over $300 and we got it to $287. But the finance guy "suckered" me into "it's only $29/month more" for a $1737 extended warranty. Which will give me bumper to bumper on the next 68k miles, as I bought the car with 32k existing. I don't know if it's worth it or not. Some have said I got screwed. But I guess it's like any insurance, you have it, hoping you never have to use it. But this feels like if I don't use it, I've wasted $1700. I was just leaning on the knowledge that repairs at the dealer seem to always work themselves up to $1000 or more no matter what. So I took the extended coverage.

Here's to hoping I'm not a fool!

If anyone wants to reply and ease or confirm my paranoia i welcome it. )
mickypark is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 12:56 PM
wagon mafia
 
2012wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA
Posts: 64
 
iTrader: (0)
My car is a CPO, so it is under full bumper to bumper warranty till 62k miles (2017). I have 32k on it now. Also powertrain (engine/tranny) covered till 120k (2019)

THey offered me full bumper to bumper for $1350, which I declined.
2012wagon is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 03:51 PM
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3
 
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012wagon View Post
My car is a CPO, so it is under full bumper to bumper warranty till 62k miles (2017). I have 32k on it now. Also powertrain (engine/tranny) covered till 120k (2019)

THey offered me full bumper to bumper for $1350, which I declined.
Interesting that you have a 120k power train. Is that a California ACURA standard. Here it is only 100k power train. I had the same Bumper to Bumper for 30k more up to 62k. BUT like I said I opted for the "peace of mind" until 100k or 2019. Thanks for the response.
mickypark is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 04:48 PM
wagon mafia
 
2012wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA
Posts: 64
 
iTrader: (0)
No idea, if it is a CA thing. It is what is written on paper, that Acura sent me in the mail.

I don't plan to keep the car past 50K miles anyways, so doesnt really matter.
2012wagon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Acura TSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome