Acura TSX Forum banner

New Member-- Burned my civic to the ground to get a TSX

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  anthony 
#1 ·
Just got a a new to me 2007 TSX MT as my commuter box. Almost 140k. My last car ws a 04 civic which came to an unexpected ending last week after the positive terminal made contact with the hood rod... one thing led to another and the thing burned to the ground.

The TSX came with full service records from a local dealer... PO was good about regular and scheduled maintenance... Still original clutch which will need to be replaced soon.. Havnt driven MT since high school.

PO never drained MT Fluid... at nearly 140K is it too far gone for than or is it never too late for fresh fluid? ive had mechanics tell me i was too far past putting new ATF in before not sure if its the same.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome! You made an excellent choice with the first gen TSX, although that was a painful way to get it. Sorry for your loss.

Personally I would drain and fill the transmission, and hope for the best. You may require a new tranny down the road, but if it's working fine now...roll with it. Hopefully you'll have time to shop for a spare transmission while you shop for a new clutch.

#3 ·
Hey, I too also just got a new-to-me 07 TSX about a week and a half ago, with 135k on it, seems like a fun car, and at least you have full maintenance records :)

My last car ws a 04 civic which came to an unexpected ending last week after the positive terminal made contact with the hood rod... one thing led to another and the thing burned to the ground.
... while driving it?! :surprise:

#5 ·
... while driving it?!
Yup... driving home from work. Noticed my dash lights cutting out a few times when hitting bumps, thought maybe i had a lose terminal. When i slowed for the stop light right before my house it totally shut down and didnt come back. Popped the hood to tighten the terminal when i noticed the rod touching the terminal and had rubbed through the paint down to metal on the bay right near the base of the rod :surprise: i tried to knock it loose with a large stick but no go... LOL its only 12 volts, what could happen... shut the hood and called the 5-0.

by the time the FD showed up the front end was quite on fire and a total loss. Just changed my air filters too :crying2:

Jinxed my self... stuck in traffic on the way to work a few weeks back due to a car fire... i say "Whos car catches on fire!!?? changes your oil!!" look at me know:banghead:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.