2009 Nissan Maxima 4 11.11%
2009 Acura TL 3.5 23 63.89%
2008 Infinite M35 9 25.00%
2007 Infinite FX35 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 11:38 PM
未来へと

I want to go get an STI too, but yeah the price is a killer. So maybe one day I'll just settle for a WRX, more money for the mods I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Royal Flush Crew

I'd prefer a 09 TL from those 4 choices of vehicles

Mods done:
•Work VSXX 18" custom built by VR Wheels
•Function/Form Type 2s custom spring rates - 18k front 16k rear
•Interior LED conversion - Front + Back + Trunk
•Exterior LED conversion - Sidemarkers + all back lights
•Painted brake calipers black
•8000k HID Fog light kit conversion
•8000k HID headlights
•TSXClub License frame
•Color matched OEM Window Visors
•Sarona rear roof spoiler color matched
•Custom Back-up Camera
•Ultra Racing 4 Point Rear Brace
•Cusco Type-I Front Brace

•3M CF Steering Wheel
•3M CF Door button panel, all 4 doors
•3M CF Whole center console
•3M CF Emergency brake handle
•04-05 Front end conversion
•04-05 A-spec front lip
•06-08 A-spec rear lip
•TL Style Roof Spoiler
•EDM rear bumper reflectors
•Drilled slotted rotors from 88rotors

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 06:06 AM
RML-R1
Regional Meet Leader
Seattle,WA
TOTM 2014

The Type s is slow! Test drive one. Same with the 2012 TL SH. Tested it up against the Altima SE-R and got whooped! Even though its all wheel and more power.

If you think the Tsx is too small. The Sti can't be bigger...

Hard finding a new car. So many options!

Team HD - Highly Distractive - Seattle, WA

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
DESI SHER

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

The GS is boss. Gotta floss it in white.
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 09:06 PM
straight (father) hood!

Send a message via AIM to Ken7
In my opinion, of those listed, I would go with the Infiniti M35. I like the look, the HID's are among the best, interior is nice, navi screen is crisp, and it has a good amount of power. Downside is the MPG.

The STI and EVO's are nice choices, but they'll be small and you'll be missing a lot of the luxury features that your other choices have.

I would not recommend a Nissan. I've been in many Xterras, Altimas, and Maximas and the interiors are so bland and cheap looking/feeling.

I still don't like the look of the new TL, but the interior is really nice and the MPG is the best among your choices. Can't forget about the reliability. The alternative to the TL is the Lexus GS. It looks better, has a nice interior also, same/better features and is reliable.

With BMW's and Benzes, I've noticed that the newer models aren't as reliable as the 80's and 90's models. Plus they're expensive to fix.

"If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tsx View Post
i actually have two modulo bumpers and i just wanted to change it up so i put the mugen on the 05.
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
DESI SHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken7 View Post
In my opinion, of those listed, I would go with the Infiniti M35. I like the look, the HID's are among the best, interior is nice, navi screen is crisp, and it has a good amount of power. Downside is the MPG.

The STI and EVO's are nice choices, but they'll be small and you'll be missing a lot of the luxury features that your other choices have.

I would not recommend a Nissan. I've been in many Xterras, Altimas, and Maximas and the interiors are so bland and cheap looking/feeling.

I still don't like the look of the new TL, but the interior is really nice and the MPG is the best among your choices. Can't forget about the reliability. The alternative to the TL is the Lexus GS. It looks better, has a nice interior also, same/better features and is reliable.

With BMW's and Benzes, I've noticed that the newer models aren't as reliable as the 80's and 90's models. Plus they're expensive to fix.

Thank You

im just really now thinking to go 6mt g37 4dr
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 10:49 PM
From Nissan to Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMEJATT View Post
Thank You

and yeah i have been looking into the Benzes and BMW's and found that out .. im just really now thinking to go 6mt g37 4dr ... 07 m35.. GS or even a IS350 but is is small i need a roomy car .. with a lot of room
^he is lying hes going to go full race turbo kit on his tsx next year.

lock the thread lolol.
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Registered Member

Look into Legacy GT, I'd pick it over the other cars you have listed and you mentioned wanting an AWD car. I also like the FX35. Actually, TL would be a great car, too. And GS is a great car, too.

The STi is smaller than the TSX, and so is the EVO, but that's not the main problem. Don't get either car unless you know what you are getting into. EVO is basically a street-legal track car, and the STi isn't for everyone. They are both awesome machines but are expensive to maintain and insure. I wouldn't get a WRX if you have an option of buying an STi, though WRX is a nice car too.

Stan
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
DESI SHER

I'm looking for a nice reliable daily car .. It won't be nodded ( well other then rims n coilovers lol ) .. And I plan on keeping the next car for a while
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Bardi

Sti's are noisy and not so comfy. The G37 and TL-S are both great choices. Great power, and handle great. Maximas are boring and for old people, no?
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
DESI SHER

^ I use to have a maxima ( 2007 ) wasn't that boring .. just hated the cvt tranny lol .. tehy weren't that slow either ( compared to other average family sedans )
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Registered Member

OP, is FWD/RWD/AWD something you're also considering?

I have driven a 2010 TL SH-AWD 6 MT, and it was very impressive. The motor delivers despite being so big and heavy. The interior was sharp, seats were beautiful and comfortable. It was quiet, growled when you pushed it, and the VCM made for great fuel mileage.

The nose shield is still hideous, but if you find one in silver, I think it blends in with the car better.

I personally moved from my TSX to an 07 STi. Like what others have mentioned, it's noisy and somewhat uncomfortable. But if you're planning on putting on coilovers on your next car, I'm going to assume that comfort is not a priority?

The 08+ STi's interior is much, much nicer than the generations before, but still not as nice as any of the other cars you've listed on your poll. Subaru also has its problems. The biggest I can think of right now, the oil pickup tube has a chance of cracking, and if it does, the engine will be starved of oil: catastrophic failure. Subaru hasn't done anything in the last 10+ years to address this!

That all being said, I love the my car! It's unfortunate that it's not as reliable as it should be out of the box, but these can be addressed and I'm confident it would serve you well if you decide to go that route.

Ultimately, any of the vehicles you're considering are all great choices. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them (I voted for the TL)
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
DESI SHER

^ thanks for the advice man ..

still debating

will have to wait now till next winter to sell her
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 09:08 AM
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Jimmy The Saint
Skip the 6 cylinder - go for 8, AWD, 6 speed Audi : S4 4.2 Quattro in Audi | eBay Motors

Come out the 4th annual Great Falls VA meet on Sunday, January 13th, 2013

TIME & DATE:
January 13th 2013 - 11:00 AM.
ADDRESS: 9200 Old Dominion Drive Mclean , VA 22102 The park / lot costs a sawbuck (Thats 5 dollars to you an me ) to enter

We Need some TSX representation - it will be 95% TLs and I'm sure at least a couple of serious Rice Cookers
Seriously It will be a lot of fun and be great to put some faces to usernames...

More Info and sign up sheet is here: **WARNING**non allowed word in the URL - **some knowledge of intarweb standards is required to fully grasp this post**
eh tee tee pee colon double slash that zine site that turns into stars when posted here.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873567

It hasn't really been all that cold, so it very well could be a really nice day out. So clean your cars, think about removing a few tuner stickers
and come on out!

..yes I was going for the most annoying formatting EVAR. Thanks.

2008 NBP/Parchment TSX 6 speed w/ Navi & Custom Backup Cam

ENGINE: CT ICE BOX | PR2 Throttle Body Spacer |
DRIVETRAIN: MUGEN Short Shifter | Corsport Bushings | F1 Stage 2 Clutch & Lightweight FW

INTERIOR: Replica NSX Shift Knob | Strut King Pedals | RSX Shift Boot Adapter
EXTERIOR: JDM Lights | Fastline Rear Decklid | LUMINICS Titanium White Fogs |

SUSPENSION TEIN Basic Coilovers | PROGRESS RSB | Alutec Strut Tower Brace | "Stiffy"
WHEELS & TIRES: 18 x 8 Sonic Tuning wrapped in Continentals - 245/40/18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement