Hockey Thread - Page 5 - Acura TSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 1207 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 03:10 PM
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

Friggen Blackhawks...

2006 Lexus IS250 AWD 6AT Crystal White: Nokya Yellow DRLs, 3000K HID Fogs, HKS Hi-Power Exhaust, F-Sport Rear Sway Bar
2004 GMC Envoy XL
1999 Toyota Solara SLE 5MT
2004 Acura TSX 5AT (RIP 9/23/2006)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1207 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker
Oh man, I can't wait until you start breaking those boxes

Joker - who can't wait to hear what you pull
No cards in the mail today! O well, they should all arrive Friday.

Quote:
"Laws are made for men of ordinary understanding and should, therefore, be construed by the ordinary rules of common sense. Their meaning is not to besought for in metaphysical subtleties which may make anything mean everything or nothing at pleasure." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 1823
post #63 of 1207 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

Red Wings' Fischer released from hospital

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Detroit Red Wings defenseman Jiri Fischer, seen here in April 2005, was released from hospital, two days after he collapsed and his heart stopped beating during a National Hockey League game.

Quote:
"Laws are made for men of ordinary understanding and should, therefore, be construed by the ordinary rules of common sense. Their meaning is not to besought for in metaphysical subtleties which may make anything mean everything or nothing at pleasure." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 1823
post #64 of 1207 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaMan
No cards in the mail today! O well, they should all arrive Friday.
Well, they should be here today but I'm not home yet.

Joker,
I just got 2 more box sets off eBay today for $52 each ($45.99 + shipping)! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8728800976 I guess I'm going crazy but they were too good of a deal to pass up, so with 6 boxes on the way I should score a few #201 cards. I tried PM'ing you this morning about another auction at that price but I was in a rush and screwed up when sending it. However, this is the guy's eBay store link for future reference: http://stores.ebay.com/Mark-Frampton...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Quote:

Last edited by HondaMan; 11-25-2005 at 03:27 PM.
post #65 of 1207 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

Joker ---> #242

I just opened the first 2 of 6 box sets and they did not yield the #201 card. I will get 2 more box sets tomorrow and 2 more next week. I also ordered 200 Card Saver 1 plastic covers.

However, I did land this card #242 Crosby card:

The jersey cards are very cool (Mellanby, Hurme, Ohlund, Ryder, 1 dual Guerin & Brown and Hull Shooting Star) and the hard knocks (Tie Domi & Scott Stevens), playoff performers (Gretzky & Sakic), Hometown Heroes (Jagr, Thornton, St. Louis and Tkachuk), Goal Rush (M. Lemieux, St. Louis and Naslund), Rookies (Maxime Talbot, David Leneveu, Timo Helbling, Jim Slater , Hannu Toivonen, Niklas Nordgren, Andrew Wozniewski and George Parros) are all cool. Also, I got a lot of good Thrasher cards (Ilya, Savard & Lehtenon).

What do you think about those and what are some rare ones I should be looking out for in this series?

Quote:
post #66 of 1207 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 01:01 AM
(8)
Administrator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Joker
Hey Jp

I thought you'd like the jersey cards

That is the Crosby/Perry checklist card, which has not got to much attention. However, I do not have one
The cards that are pulling the most are the ones on short print (sp). You can see the whole set on Upper Deck's web site. I'd also try and collect all the Young Guns, and the jersey cards with swatched with more than one color. Most common are solid color's, but you'll find some with patches or more than one color, and those are the most collected.
Here is a list from Upper Deck: http://sports.upperdeck.com/collecto...aspx?sid=12779

Click view complete set, and look for the ones with sp next to them.
Also, if you have an extra #201, I have a vary rare card you might like in trade
post #67 of 1207 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Hey Jp

I thought you'd like the jersey cards

That is the Crosby/Perry checklist card, which has not got to much attention. However, I do not have one
The cards that are pulling the most are the ones on short print (sp). You can see the whole set on Upper Deck's web site. I'd also try and collect all the Young Guns, and the jersey cards with swatched with more than one color. Most common are solid color's, but you'll find some with patches or more than one color, and those are the most collected.
Here is a list from Upper Deck: http://sports.upperdeck.com/collecto...aspx?sid=12779

Click view complete set, and look for the ones with sp next to them.
Also, if you have an extra #201, I have a vary rare card you might like in trade
Yeah, I've been looking at that UD link. My Brett Hull Shooting Star Jersey card has 2 colors. I figured that might be worth something since he just retired. What very rare card do you have? Ilya or Dany? I hope to find at least 2 #201's.

Quote:
post #68 of 1207 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

BTW, what exactly is a foil insert?

Quote:
post #69 of 1207 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 02:43 AM
(8)
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Yeah, I've been looking at that UD link. My Brett Hull Shooting Star Jersey card has 2 colors. I figured that might be worth something since he just retired. What very rare card do you have? Ilya or Dany? I hope to find at least 2 #201's.
That is a very nice Hull you got there

I have a Heatley numbered 274/899 (only 899 made total).
post #70 of 1207 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 02:45 AM
(8)
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
BTW, what exactly is a foil insert?
Not sure
post #71 of 1207 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 02:55 AM
(8)
Administrator Emeritus

Lets watch this JP to see what the Crosby check list goes for. So far nobody has bid

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

BTW, the new Beckett will be out next week, so we'll know what our cards are going for
post #72 of 1207 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Lets watch this JP to see what the Crosby check list goes for. So far nobody has bid

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

BTW, the new Beckett will be out next week, so we'll know what our cards are going for
Well, it appears they have gone for as low as $8 and as high as $36 recently.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-06-Upper-De...QQcmdZViewItem

Are you getting that new Beckett? I'm sure it is not free.

Quote:
post #73 of 1207 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 12:45 PM
(8)
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Well, it appears they have gone for as low as $8 and as high as $36 recently.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-06-Upper-De...QQcmdZViewItem

Are you getting that new Beckett? I'm sure it is not free.
Weird how they are going like that. I'll keep watching, and see if I can snag one on the low end.
Oh for sure! You might want to pick up the current Beckett, as Crosby is on the cover
post #74 of 1207 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
(9)
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Weird how they are going like that. I'll keep watching, and see if I can snag one on the low end.
Oh for sure! You might want to pick up the current Beckett, as Crosby is on the cover
Cool, if you can get 1 on the low end go for it but I still have 4 more boxes to look through so we might get lucky with another one.

Quote:
post #75 of 1207 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 01:39 PM
(8)
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Cool, if you can get 1 on the low end go for it but I still have 4 more boxes to look through so we might get lucky with another one.
Sounds great!
The one on eBay I am watching ends tomorrow, but I'll be playing hockey at the Pond (before the Ducks/Hawks game) at that time. I think the card can wait
Sponsored Links
Advertisement