Acura TSX Forum banner

Angel's 2 tsx's Build CGP and ABP. !!!!

32K views 83 replies 18 participants last post by  aaron. 
#1 ·
What’s up Guy's

TSX # 1 ( CGP )
I have been part of the Honda scene for a few years now. I have owned a few Hondas, But I have always had my eyes :nerd: on an TSX. All Started with an Dealer trade in, 1 owner 2005 Acura TSX manual with navigation system. I had to snag the vehicle as fast as I could. So as for my goals for building a street legal track/street TSX , I have always built all my cars to pass California Smog rules. But who knows that might change with the TSX. Starting with the vehicle I purchased the vehicle with it only had 66,000 miles. No leaks or issues. My goal was to build up all the suspension and concentrate only on suspension components so here is my mod list on the vehicle.

Suspension

- Tein Monosport 16k front and 14k rear on springs
- PCI front Compliance bearings
- HardRace Upper control arms
- Hardrace Lower ball joints
- Spoon Rigid Collars front / and rear
- J’S Racing Fender braces
- Alutec Strut tower bar (powder coated semi-gloss black ) past owner Jay Mayuga
- Ultra-racing side skirt braces
- Ultra-racing 4 point rear brace
- Cusco type 1 front brace
- Progress rear sway bar
- Ingalls rear Camber arms
- Hardrace rear toe arm
- Carbing rear trunk 3 point Brace
- Corner balanced

Interior

- Mugen Gen III steering wheel
- WorksBell hub
- Worksbell Quick release
- Ktune Shifter
- Ktune hard shifter bushings
- Euro R Recaro Front and Rear seats ( owned by Jay Majuga )
- K-Mart light bulb shift knob ( from Katman JHPUSA )
- Autopower Race Roll Bar.
- Oem All weather Floor mats.
- Wedge Engineering Low seat rails ( 03-07 Accord )
- Tracklife Composites GoPro mount ( bushing type )

Brakes

- RB Big Brake kit ( one piece Rotor )
- Healtoe Automotive ( fast line ) steal brake lines
- Brembo Rear brake rotors
- Hawk DTC-70 rear Brake pads
- Motul RB660 brake fluid

Wheels

- Volk ZE40 17x9 +40
- Tires Federal RR’s 255/40r17 all Around
- ARP extended wheel studs
- Block SS Lugnuts

Exterior

- A-spec Lip kit 04-05
- Euro r front Grill 04-05
- Euro R front and rear Bange
- Flow Designs front lip Splitter
- Extrema Dimensions, Mugen RR rep hood

Transmission

-Exedy Stage 1 clutch
-Exedy 9.5lbs flywheel
-Ktune CMC with hard line
-Ktune clutch slave
-MTEC race Shifter springs

Engine

-Ingalls Torque damper
-CT Ice Box
-CT Headers
-Magnaflow full exhaust 2.50 in ( dual )
-Mugen Radiator cap

Fluids

-OEM coolant
-Redline 10w40 motor oil
-Redline MTF
-Brake Motul RB660

So far I Have a Few track days Under my belt on the TSX, Every time I go I Learn something new and get a tad bit faster I think Faster. And I plan on keep taking out the TSX for more track days.

I will do my best to post as many updates on the vehicle. A lot of these pictures I took since I purchased the car.

First track day
-Button willow Race way Configuration ( 13CCW ) without all mods just coil overs and exhaust 2:18.46
-Auto Club Speed way ( roval ) no lap timer
-Auto X El Toro Base
-Streets of Willow 1:35:89
-Button Willow race way (13CW ) 2:16.46

Tsx #2 Artic Blue ( ABP )

December has come and I found a Unicorn 2006 Acura TSX in Artic blue with only 57,000 miles.
I came across the Tsx on the Socal tsx forums , the guy was selling the J’s racing fender braces. I asked what TSX they came out from. He showed me. I told him ill buy the car. He declined to sell. Few days later , he sent me a text message that he will sell me the vehicle.

Car belonged to a Member on this form ( jeffbatt ) sold the vehicle as is to some local guy, then I snagged it  My goals for this car is just keep it Clean maybe a light light tint done to the vehicle. But that will be it.

Both my TSX's @ Crown Point tsx club annual meet 2017

List of mods on TSX # 2

Exterior

- Mugen front bumper lip
- Mugen front bumper lip fog lamps
- Mugen rear deck lid spoiler
- Euro R side skirts
- Euro R rear lip
- Clear bra on nose cut of vehicle.
- JDM Black Window Trim

Engine

-Hondata reflash
-CT ( carbon ice box )
-CT ( titanium tower brace )
-Mugen Radiator cap
-Mugen Radiator Cap and Oil Cap
-Samco Radiator Hoses (Black) / Hybrid Racing SS T-Bolt Clamps
-Hybrid Racing Shifter Bushings
-Accord Black Intake Manifold Cover

Exhaust

-Mugen dual Exhaust system

Interior

-Fastline ( Maven shift knob )
-Cocomats Custom Floor mats

Suspension / Wheels

-Mugen GP, Gunmetal
-Mugen Heptagon Lug Nuts, Black
-Tein Flex
-H&R 20mm Rear Sway Bar w/ Fastline Endlinks
-Comptech Ti Shock Tower Brace
-RacingBrake 2-Piece Slotted Front Rotors
-Centric Cryo-Treated Blank Rear rotors

See less See more
#2 ·
Looking forward to some photos, this could be a really bitchen build thread.

Sorry, I guess they were there just not showing up for me, finicky VPN over a finicky work network.
Looking forward to this thread!

#5 ·
First set of mods

another TSX got traded in, and I talked the manager in giving me the front A-spec lip kit :)

also got my self a set of Mugen window Visors. from JHP USA

Also Purchased the rear A-spec lip from HealToe Automotive

lowered the car on some Buddy Club Coilovers from fellow socal tsx member. And also picked up a set of

Enkie RPF01 17x9+45 on 245/40 tires all around.

#6 ·
I had the Stock Exhaust system on the TSX. I was thinking on what Exhaust kit to go with the TSX. So I shot over an email to my old job at MagnaFlow Racho Santa Margarita . Asked productions Team to see if they cam make me one :)

got a free Magnaflow 2.5in daul cat back system ,

also hit up Heeltoe for the new H rear emblem and the Accord

#26 ·
I had the Stock Exhaust system on the TSX. I was thinking on what Exhaust kit to go with the TSX. So I shot over an email to my old job at MagnaFlow Racho Santa Margarita . Asked productions Team to see if they cam make me on :)

got a free Magnaflow 2.5in daul cat back system ,

also hit up Heeltoe for the new H rear emblem and the Accord

good to know that rear hitch fit with the a-spec :thumbsup: now i'm Ima order one :grin2:

brw, nice bike! Got a few myself

#8 ·
Always great to see people still repping the TSX fam. I'm glad I recently joined the team with my unique Panda styled theme.
I didn't choose this theme, but as time has progressed more and more, I've come to accept it's unique appearance.
Keep showing us your progress, and I hope to learn a lot from you!

#12 ·
YES ! The 1up USA racks are super nice ** high quality **

What's good angel it's woodson from insta! The Evo wheels looked good I had a set on my Evo ix back in the day can't wait to see what you got in store
hahah I knew it was you , i saw your avatar and looked like your car !

Always great to see people still repping the TSX fam. I'm glad I recently joined the team with my unique Panda styled theme.
I didn't choose this theme, but as time has progressed more and more, I've come to accept it's unique appearance.
Keep showing us your progress, and I hope to learn a lot from you!
Thanks man. ! ill keep posting more !

#18 ·
Thanks man.

the photos are a before. when I first got the car , and Now I have the ZE40's, ill keep posting more images.

i tried to go back and i can not find the link for the ice box :/

if i find it i will post it :grin2:

#25 ·
New update :) Got Euro R front grill and hood match chrome trim , also installed some Hella horns.

Also installed the Euro R rear badge and front Badge.

The Accord Badge I don't remember when I got them. also got the Rear " H "

all from Heeltoeautomotive.com

#35 ·
I just got in the market into getting a new bike. and I have my eyes set on a Yeti SB6c. but the bike is currently sold out for about the next month and i like to get it and take it out to Summit. :)

im going to have to put the tow hitch on the blue TSX.
An SB6c is a sweet ride. I was eyeballing that bike for a while. I ended up on a Devinci Spartan Carbon though. Went up to summit yesterday (was a wonderful day weather wise and traffic wise) and the sunday before (it was a zoo due to opening weekend and memorial day).

#37 ·
An SB6c is a sweet ride. I was eyeballing that bike for a while. I ended up on a Devinci Spartan Carbon though. Went up to summit yesterday (was a wonderful day weather wise and traffic wise) and the sunday before (it was a zoo due to opening weekend and memorial day).
Got my SB6c :) freaking love the bike. im going to plan a summit trip soon. just been doing the local trails around here.

What rear lip did you install on your CGP TSX? Been looking for a nice trunk lid spoiler myself without breaking the bank.

Also, how does the lightened flywheel compare with the stock one? Does it work fine as a daily during traffic? I'm assuming the blue TSX has the stock flywheel still, so you would have something to directly compare to.
The trunk lip i got it from ebay, they come paint matched to your vehicle color. :)

as for the fly wheel you do notice a huge difference its easier to match your revs and vehicle engine will spin faster. you do get minor vibration

#30 ·
New Update, Purchased K Tune Shifter Box :)

KTune shifter install was Easy, took a bit under an hour and 1/2 to install. Night a Day difference !

HIGHLY recommend this install To any TSX owner. Would recommend to use and lighter shift knob.

#36 ·
What rear lip did you install on your CGP TSX? Been looking for a nice trunk lid spoiler myself without breaking the bank.

Also, how does the lightened flywheel compare with the stock one? Does it work fine as a daily during traffic? I'm assuming the blue TSX has the stock flywheel still, so you would have something to directly compare to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.