Possible Skid Plate for TSX - Acura TSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Possible Skid Plate for TSX

Hello all... not sure if this goes here or not, but about 3 weeks ago on the TSXClub.com - Official FB page, there was a potential group buy going on for a skid plate for the 1st gen TSX.

Catch is, the OP of that post is no longer a member and it died down.
So I figured I'd try posting it here and get some momentum going again.

According to the OP on Facebook, he
Quote:
"was talking to a rep from TBW they make skid plates for nissan but i asked for a tsx. He needs a tsx from the group that lives in vegas to get measurements and we can get a group buy. i got this on my g35 and it has a easy access to the oil filter and it will replace the plastic piece"
Anyone from Vegas willing to help out?

I'd be more than happy to reach out to TBW Performance and do the coordination if we get a volunteer for measurement.

Not sure what the rules are about starting up a group buy on the forums, but figured unless we can get a volunteer out there, there's no need to start one yet...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppasmerph View Post
Hello all... not sure if this goes here or not, but about 3 weeks ago on the TSXClub.com - Official FB page, there was a potential group buy going on for a skid plate for the 1st gen TSX.

Catch is, the OP of that post is no longer a member and it died down.
So I figured I'd try posting it here and get some momentum going again.

According to the OP on Facebook, he

Anyone from Vegas willing to help out?

I'd be more than happy to reach out to TBW Performance and do the coordination if we get a volunteer for measurement.

Not sure what the rules are about starting up a group buy on the forums, but figured unless we can get a volunteer out there, there's no need to start one yet...
I was banned from that group so I'm afraid I don't have much input. Would totally be in for this group buy if it ever develops though!

2004 NHBP TSX 6-speed non-navi with 335,000 miles and counting
Build Thread: https://goo.gl/rTAMlj
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 11:32 AM
Registered Member

When you say "skid plate," what exactly are you talking about including what material it's made out of?

I might be interested in something a little better/stronger than the OEM plastic panel...especially something that can be easily removed when doing transmission servicing & oil filter changes.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
When you say "skid plate," what exactly are you talking about including what material it's made out of?

I might be interested in something a little better/stronger than the OEM plastic panel...especially something that can be easily removed when doing transmission servicing & oil filter changes.
Here's the company's site: https://www.tbwperformance.com/ (shows examples on their front page)

The skid plate will essentially replace the plastic piece that you are talking about with an aluminum part. I've seen this on Subaru's, Celica's, and VW's. I personally haven't reached out due to no one being able to actually meet with the company to do measurements. According to the FB post, the OP did talk about having an accessible door to perform the oil change.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 06:32 PM
Registered Member

Consider me interested...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 06:52 PM
Registered Member

Id be interested in this as well. Current oem one catches the floor sometimes.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Just as a reminder to those interested, we would still need a volunteer near las vegas, nv for the vendor to take measurements... This was the same problem the OP had on Facebook, and there was enough of an interest there to start the groupbuy
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 06:44 PM
Registered Member

Has this ever gotten any traction? Bump for those that care about the underside of their cars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement