Acura TSX Forum banner

A/C Refrigerant

6K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  marymitch 
#1 ·
Hey so recently my AC started spitting out some warmer air. I’m fairly certain that it’s not anything with the compressor, so I’m just going to add some more refrigerant. However I can’t find the sticker that’s supposed to say what grade of refrigerant to use. I know most cars post 1990 use R-134a, but I want to be sure. Anyone know the refrigerant for an ‘04 ?

#2 ·
My 05 uses R-134a so I'm pretty certain that the 04 should be the same. With mine the nut on the Low pressure line where it meets the compressor was loose and lost some refrigerant there. Recharged and tightened it...hopefully that fixed the problem. If its low on refrigerant then there is a leak somewhere, make sure you find that out.

#3 ·
If you can, take it to somewhere that offer's a A/C recharge, on Thurday AM I had my system checked, it was supposed to be filled to 1.20, but only had .13, so the system was drained and refilled to the proper levels, now the A/C is ice cold.
And with the heat wave this weekend in NY, its a must to have a properly working system.

#4 · (Edited)
When this happens to the air conditioner, you need to contact the aircon servicing. You don't have to do anything yourself. You'll make it worse. You may even break down, and no repair will help anymore. We'll have to change that. Even if you don't find the right piece of paper, the service center will tell you everything. Only you should know the brand of the conditioner. The problem is not always the lack and quality of the refrigerant. It can also be a system failure, and it may even be a loose nut, which causes leaks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.