10" Nav Android radio for TSX!! - Page 3 - Acura TSX Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2018, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

Any updates? I'm thinking about picking this kit up next month. Any issues with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2018, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Firmware Update??

Anyone know how to update the firmware on this unit? Found some stuff on joying.com but not sure if it applies to this exact unit?
mathlabs likes this.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:25 PM
Registered Member

I just bought one, pretty easy installation, i boot it up before finishing the installation, hvac is little bit laggy but works, got the radio work, sound is good. So i did finish the install. I tried youtube, got no sound, mp3, video, streaming app, only the radio give me sound. Got any idea ?

Old 12-11-2018, 09:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Therock View Post
I just bought one, pretty easy installation, i boot it up before finishing the installation, hvac is little bit laggy but works, got the radio work, sound is good. So i did finish the install. I tried youtube, got no sound, mp3, video, streaming app, only the radio give me sound. Got any idea ?
where did you purchase yours from? i checked ebay and the only seller that has it doesnt have any in stock anymore.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNDOLiFE View Post
where did you purchase yours from? i checked ebay and the only seller that has it doesnt have any in stock anymore.
I'm new to the TSX, but was chatting with a FB member about this radio solution. He was pretty knowledgable about it and linked me to the AliExpress site where they can be ordered from. I didn't purchase one yet, but at the time (late January) they were discounted to $375ish. Looks like it's full price again though. https://tinyurl.com/y3azpcaj

For all it's quirks, it seems like the best option to bring the 1G TSX into today's phone/radio functionality. Any iPhone users try the usb dongle from Amazon to emulate carplay with the android radio?

I may try a simple video relay from Naviks to the navi screen just to show the iPhone CarPlay on the OEM screen, and use the phone to navigate, but the android radio with iPhone usb plug-in seems tempting.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:52 PM
Registered Member

I'm about to buy a 08 tsx with nav and here is what i'm wondering. I do see how there is a lag in some of the apps in this unit, I'm wondering if there is room for improvement. For those of you that have it, is the HVAC control an app? if so, can it be download if I was to flash the unit with a newer/faster android system? I can't think of anything else that is specific to this car other than the HVAC app. Thoughts?
Old 03-26-2019, 04:43 AM
Registered Member

i bought the white usb box to mirror iphone, couldn't figure it out. im guessing needs newer android version. Was considering flashing unit also but not trying to brick the thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement