RBC details - Acura TSX Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rough draft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

So as I stated in Tony's thread I recently did a RBC swap, and like most people that try to look online I found that it was rather unclear as to what was EXACTLY needed to complete it properly. This isn't really going to be a step by step thread mostly what materials you need. The entire jobe really is a remove and install affair. Now on to the parts list...

1.) RBC-I purchased a used one off of a friend who was scrapping his 07 Civic si for $75.00 normal price ranges up to around $250.00

2.) Accord euro r intake tube or custom-$70(?) I opted for a full silicone variant off eBay from gs Motorsports and fit perfectly

3.) You will need different rubber hoses to extend some coolant hoses 3/8 and 1/2 iirc- $10-$20

4.) 3/8 npt plug- if your like me and accidentally break off the idle air assist valve just take it out and plug it as it is not needed and cap off the corresponding hose barbs

5.) Intake manifold gasket for k24a2- I went with the p2r thermal gasket because why not-$23.00

6.) RBC TB GASKET-dont make the same mistake as me and order the gasket for the oe k24a2 tb you will have a massive vacuum leak

7.) For the vacuum for the front engine mount I just pulled the shorter hose and capped it and left it plugged in however you can T it off if you wanted

8.) Definitely should have flashpro already and vtc gear for this mod in order to take full advantage of the mod

And that's pretty much it!
For some reason I can upload a picture but when I figure that out I will try to show what everything should look like. Feel free to ask any questions while it is still fresh in my mind!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

That sounds very similar to how my RSP intake manifold install went.
I’m also running a silicone Euro-r intake tube I bought on eBay.
I went with the Hondata intake manifold gasket and the P2R throttle body gasket.

My idle valve was busted to begin with but I replaced it, I live on the east coast.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforbroke View Post
That sounds very similar to how my RSP intake manifold install went.
I’m also running a silicone Euro-r intake tube I bought on eBay.
I went with the Hondata intake manifold gasket and the P2R throttle body gasket.

My idle valve was busted to begin with but I replaced it, I live on the east coast.
Yeah I'm East coast as well MA to be exact it's just an air assist for the injectors and most people delete it when they do upgraded injectors with no issues as the actual IACV does a more then good enough job...at least from what I read haha

And not gonna lie the silicone tube from eBay is basically the same price as a oem euro r and the fit was perfect!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

This might actually help out a bit!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 02:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough draft View Post
Yeah I'm East coast as well MA to be exact it's just an air assist for the injectors and most people delete it when they do upgraded injectors with no issues as the actual IACV does a more then good enough job...at least from what I read haha

And not gonna lie the silicone tube from eBay is basically the same price as a oem euro r and the fit was perfect!
Yeah, I live in PA. I thought you lived in Cali for some reason. I'm running the same exact silicone intake pipe as you. I looked at the Samco pipe but for close to $3 bills for a silicone intake pipe.......come on now. It wouldn't of worked with RSP intake manifold anyway.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforbroke View Post
Yeah, I live in PA. I thought you lived in Cali for some reason. I'm running the same exact silicone intake pipe as you. I looked at the Samco pipe but for close to $3 bills for a silicone intake pipe.......come on now. It wouldn't of worked with RSP intake manifold anyway.
EXACTLY how I thought there was no way I was paying that price! So far it's great!

Currently doing an etune from steve at e-tunez.com (vitviper starting out tuning there) and I must say they are EXTREMELY detailed for only $229 can't be beat car pulls hard and smooth and I'm only on the second revision!

Review on them will come soon

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 11:49 AM
Registered Member

Yeah way overpriced for a intake tube...hahahah

I took Flashpro off my car after the missfire problem, I fixed everything but never reinstalled flashpro. I need to put it back on.....
So many things I need to do before I get a tune though.
I still haven't installed my Littlebo 4-1 header yet either, I don't like the cat delete that came with the header and I need to order the FLP cat from heeltoe.
I've been racking my brain over building a single exit 3" exhaust.
I have a few ideas I really don't want a lot of noise(3"exhaust and quiet don't mix I know) but I think I might have it narrowed down.

This was an interesting find, it sounds perfect! Given the exhaust isn't broken in yet, but still......
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

6.) RBC TB GASKET-dont make the same mistake as me and order the gasket for the oe k24a2 tb you will have a massive vacuum leak
Haha shit! Need to order the right gasket then. Thanks for posting this up!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3flip View Post
Haha shit! Need to order the right gasket then. Thanks for posting this up!
Haha no worries man that's why I posted it. Something to dispell some of the unclear info. Glad it helped.
I gotta find the part number which I'll then post up in here as well.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Haha no worries man that's why I posted it. Something to dispell some of the unclear info. Glad it helped.
I gotta find the part number which I'll then post up in here as well.
Super helpful! I passed smog yesterday so I'm ready to start modding this K24!

What model car did you order the gasket from? I can look up the part number.

*edit - think I found it...part# 16176-RBC-004
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3flip View Post
Super helpful! I passed smog yesterday so I'm ready to start modding this K24!

What model car did you order the gasket from? I can look up the part number.

*edit - think I found it...part# 16176-RBC-004
Well I just got off the phone with Ryan at AFHK and they actually have a gasket that is specifically for using the OE k24a2 tb on the RBC it is part number P167. Although it says j35 Ryan said it works.

However the felpro that I rushed to get was just one from a 07 si which seems to work fine I've had no issues

I will eventually order the p2r p167 but as of now I'm just gonna keep the felpro

Now add some power to that car! @tr3flip

tr3flip likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement