New Owners: How's your TSX? - Page 81 - Acura TSX Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1201 of 1214 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 11:50 PM
Registered Member

Hey members,

I picked up an almost perfect condition Black (haven't found the abbreviation for the exact color yet) 2008 TSX automatic with navi, heated seats, sunroof, tan leather interior, 72,000 miles, one owner, no accidents and immaculate records of all maintenance performed for $10k.

I did a wash, clay bar, wax, and polish job on it last weekend shortly after purchasing it and it shined up beautifully.

Before cleaning it:

After cleaning it:

I'm excited to be a part of the TSX community.

I'm in Houston if anyone wants to meet up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1214 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

New to us 2004 TSX

For example, many of the early owners complained about "rattles" (although not me ) -- maybe that problem has already been ironed out??? Our example with 117k on the clock has one squawk/squeek in the dash area. Haven't been too bothered to check into it since it is a lower volume noise. The suspension could use a refresh since the car is nearly 12yrs old now, but the tires are still wearing good, keep on keeping on.

And just in general, I think many of us would like to hear from new owners about your cars --
Are they great? We got the car to get something different than what we are used to. Coming from a world of tuned VWs, BMWs and WRXs, we wanted a more grown up car even though we never would identify as 'grown up'! The CarandDriver article on this car really solidified this as the best option for us for a car with 4doors.
Are there any problems? Problems with ours: 100k service was overdue. Needed a good engine bay cleaning, faded red paint, suspension is sounding a bit tired, seems to really make the hicks and idiot drivers mad around here (really enjoy tailgating and passing in residential areas while flipping the bird and swearing with their windows down...).
Are you exhilarated? We love it! I would fully recommend this sort of Acura to anyone wanting a good drive for not a lot of money. I am excited to drive our second car once again!
Disappointed? Not at all. Only a bit disappointed with the fading paint, but we figure we would wrap it if we get sick of it.
What do you love about the car? Composure. Quality. Reliability. Ease of most maintenance. I like how the engineering is smart without being too cute or overdone.
How does it compare to other cars that you've had? For me an my car history, the only thing I can compare it to was our SVT Focus. The TSX is waaay nicer in most regards, the SVT being a bit more raw, but the experience is similar.

Thanks for the DIY and everything else here. I will mostly be searching for knowledge and know how. Thanks for having all the problems and fixing them before we got ours so I can DIY!!
post #1203 of 1214 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 09:31 PM
Registered Member

Anyway enjoy the pics, the car is all standard apart from the suspension at the mo.
www.casesam.co.uk
Samsung J5 cover from casesam

post #1204 of 1214 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 11:23 PM
Registered Member

I'm new here but I will love my TSX more and more everyday www.etuicoquesamsung.com etuicoquesamsung.com
post #1205 of 1214 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 04:01 PM

I join the club one month ago, picked up a PWP 2004 with 119,000 from an older gentleman. They always seem to take care of their cars. For example, the side sills still had the protective blue plastic film, lol. Also, the original floor mats are protected from wears with clear rubber mats.

Ok, here are my gripes.

-The K motor has to be one of the worst sounding engine when you start it. It sounds really cheap and weak. It doesn't roar to life, more like coughing. I thought I had a bad motor when I first bought it, but after listening to some Youtube videos of other TSX, I guess it was normal. Does not start on the very first engine crank.

-There's this rattle when the engine is warm and in drive at a stop. Disappears when in neutral.

-There's also a little hollow knocking around 2-2500 rpm at light throttle. Sounds like an old chain tensioner or loose chain problem.

-The car is very underpowered in stock form. I was kind of surprised by the curb weight, 3300 lbs for a compact sedan.

Now the praises:

-Looks! It's one of the best looking cars for 2000 decade, hence the reason I pickup one up. I always like the look of the TSX, specially the rear tail lights.

-I always admired the TSX exterior but was very pleasantly surprised by the interior, loved it. It had the color combination I always wanted in my old Infiniti.

-I bought the TSX for the exterior and engine, but again was surprised by the luxury. Did not know I had a Navi when I bought the car, lol. Again, I bought the car to mod the engine.

-I like the low cowl, which is a signature feature of Honda's in the 90's. The last Honda I had was back in 1991, it was a 1992 Civic Si. The low cowl reminds me of that car.
post #1206 of 1214 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 05:32 PM
Registered Member

Hey guys, this year i bought an Accord CL9 here in europe. Got only 23k miles, leather & heated seats, sat nav, upgraded sound system, vsa etc. Engine is a k24a3 6spd manual.

Happy festive holidays everyone
DRob likes this.
post #1207 of 1214 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 10:39 AM
Registered Member

please any one can help me i need some car audio site for my car like as Car Audio Giants - "Giant Savings, Giant Selection...Since 1991"
post #1208 of 1214 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

Picked up my tax today

Hello, all picked up my 07' Tax today! So far really like it, much quicker than I expected it to be. Coming from an 05 g35, speed is less but I'm sure reliability will be much better, any tips to make TSX faster without further breaking the bank.
post #1209 of 1214 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 07:22 AM
Registered Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktsx99 View Post
Hello, all picked up my 07' Tax today! So far really like it, much quicker than I expected it to be. Coming from an 05 g35, speed is less but I'm sure reliability will be much better, any tips to make TSX faster without further breaking the bank.
There is really no way to make the TSX faster other than spending +$5000 for a supercharger to bring the HP to V-6 Camry levels. Handling and braking is what the TSX is all about. Suspension upgrades, sticky tires, thicker RSB, upgrade of the endlinks, and better brakes will help you enter/exit corners at even higher speeds and you will need less HP.
tript0nite likes this.

19 MDX sh-sh-awd Adv Fathom Blue Pearl w/ Graystone
post #1210 of 1214 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 08:28 AM
Registered Member

My wife and I still have our 2005 TSX. We bought it new in February of 2005, I believe. It has racked up approximately 235,000 miles and so far, the alternator and starter have been replaced. As stated in this forum, minor problems include the lights being out in the dashboard and for some odd reason, I could never make the built in garage opener work (we use the remote that came with the garage). I may have to check this site if there is anything mentioned about it. Our daughter is starting to drive, so she wants the car. I want it to and so does my wife - actually, we prefer driving it than our 2011 MDX. So my wife and I were thinking of getting a used TSX Sport Wagon with the Tech Package - we still like the looks of that car. But back to the TSX, so far so good and nothing but praises for it. Hope it lasts a few more years. Nice to see that people either still have their TSXs or people are buying used ones. I still prefer the TSX/TL combo vs the ILX/TLX one - just my opinion. Have a good day everyone.

2001 Honda Odyssey
2005 Acura TSX/5AT/CGP/Non-Nav
post #1211 of 1214 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 07:12 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emvxl View Post
My wife and I still have our 2005 TSX. We bought it new in February of 2005, I believe. It has racked up approximately 235,000 miles and so far, the alternator and starter have been replaced. As stated in this forum, minor problems include the lights being out in the dashboard and for some odd reason, I could never make the built in garage opener work (we use the remote that came with the garage). I may have to check this site if there is anything mentioned about it. Our daughter is starting to drive, so she wants the car. I want it to and so does my wife - actually, we prefer driving it than our 2011 MDX. So my wife and I were thinking of getting a used TSX Sport Wagon with the Tech Package - we still like the looks of that car. But back to the TSX, so far so good and nothing but praises for it. Hope it lasts a few more years. Nice to see that people either still have their TSXs or people are buying used ones. I still prefer the TSX/TL combo vs the ILX/TLX one - just my opinion. Have a good day everyone.
I migrated from a 2005 RSX to a 2012 TSX Sport Wagon (Base model) a year ago....it drives much like a 2nd gen TSX sedan...a good choice all around.

83 Prelude
86 Prelude
88 Prelude SI
91 Prelude SI
92 Prelude SI
95 Legend GS Sedan
02 RSX Base 5 speed
05 RSX Base
12 TSX Sport Wagon
post #1212 of 1214 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

Garage
I have a 2006 TSX, just hit 300k miles the other day. Praying it doesn't go to crap anytime soon.
post #1213 of 1214 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 08:59 PM
Registered Member

I picked up an 07 TSX 5AT with 178k last week to replace my 02 RSX -S at 311k. Figured the little one would prefer to have rear doors.

The TSX still handles great. Engine is still strong. The 5AT isn't bad, but the closer gears on the 6 would make much better use of v-tech. Cruising at 2400 rpm in a quieter car is a much appreciated change from 3200 RPM in the RSX.
I like the extra torque and not feeling like I need to run the RPMs up to go anywhere. The paint shines well, though there are a few chips here and there - typical road wear for an older car.

Currently the serpentine belt slips on occasion. The AC compressor was replaced about 2000 miles ago, and was surprised I didn't see the belt replaced at the same time. I'm wondering if the tensioner needs an adjustment or maybe the belt has stretched some. It doesn't look to be in bad shape, but I have no idea how long it's been in service.

I think she vibrates a little more than she should at stop. I wouldn't call it a rough idle since the RPMs only deviate when the belt chirps. Wondering if it might be a motor mount gone bad?

Plagued by Honda's cheap leather, with a few cracks and 1 chunk missing. I'll probably throw a patch over the worst of it. Sad to see that Honda didn't upgrade the Acura leather in the 5 years between cars.

I set up Hands Free Link, but was disappointed that it wouldn't pass music. It's not a very intuitive system at all.
Right now I've got a radio transmitter from my RSX in the storage bin between the seats. What seem to be the preferred methods for getting music from the phone into the stock stereo? The aux port seems to be in a bad place. Where they intending music players in that stop shelf when they came up with this design? That seems to be the only place the phone would fit well, but then you can't really use it. On my RSX, I could prop up the phone in the cup holders and it was a pretty convenient place to view maps. I can't seem to find that place in the TSX, so I've got a magnetic dash mount on order.
post #1214 of 1214 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 11:20 PM
Registered Member

Great investment!

I just got a 2006 with 130k for only $3900. The K24 is a bit more sluggish than some similar 4-bangers that I've driven, but maybe that's just because the TSX is a bit "fatter" than related sedans. The v-tec works great with the 6-speed, and is almost begging to be constantly floored! It's a happy high-rev motor! But I have never been (and never will be) a fan of electronic throttle control, so I absolutely hate the response during initial takeoff. Can anybody else relate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement