Auto vs. Manual - Page 2 - Acura TSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Registered Member

Go for the stick! If youre payin' for it you pick what car YOU want. Thats what i did...i got mine in stick so that NO ONE can touch it...which is basically everyone i know who drives. i have only 3 friends who know how to drive stick..but i'm not letting them touch it either HAHAHA!

I have tested both MT and AT...the power is there...but it is more fun to drive the MT. when i'm in 6th gear the rpms are at 2500 when doing 80 (which is like 100kph for us Canadians)

RUSSEL! Someone's gonna get a hurt...real bad.
2005 Acura TSX PWP with Ebony...6-speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Jimmmmmmah!!!
Yeah, the MT is much nicer, but if you live in an area where you are always in traffic, such as SoCal, then thn the AT will come in handy more. Regardless of what you choose, it should be something that you feeling comfortable driving and not what people tell you to get.

-Jimmy

04 Carbon Gray TSX with Nav
00 Milano Red Civic Si (tons of Mods)
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 05:40 PM
TSX of the Month Winner
TOTM 2008

Auto! one hand free to talk, eat, shave, lip stick, etc. Its a commute , so just relax and not have to worry about shifting. Just my .02

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaidoi

P.S. I have to give up my manual for an automatic too, but the sports shifter is a "compromise"...don't forget your marriage vows "for richer & poorer, in sickness & in health, etc..."

I am right there with you on that boat!!! My beemer was manual and boy do I miss stick shift right about now!!!
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 12:52 AM
nachob

Get the 6 MT. It has the nicest gearbox shifter I have ever driven. Car and Driver named the TSX to their top 10 but if you read the fine print, they raved about the 6 speed. While the auto is nice, it would just be a nice looking Accord. Coupled with the 6 speed, it is much nicer. Make yourself happy. Get an auto when you are in a wheelchair. Good luck.
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 08:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob shiftright
I drove down to DC last month, and traffic was about a bazillion times worse than I remembered it was when I last worked down there, which was in the 1980s.

I've driven a stick shift exclusively for the last 22 years and the DC traffic was so bad that I'd actually consider an AT. Problem with the TSX AT is that the motor isn't awfully powerful, the torque curve is really unsuitable for an AT and the performance is marginal even with the 6-speed manual.
DC has the worst traffic - it would definitely push me towards the auto. I got an auto for Philly traffic, and I only regret it on weekends It is a good AT though.

If the commute doesn't/wouldn't bother you, I'd definitely get the MT.
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Registered Member

I have had many sport cars in stick, I drive stick but love my auto TSX...in the city auto is the way to go...

2004 pearl white with navi

"Here is the thing you will learn from really using an OS X
Macintosh, Apple makes design decisions based on a sincere
desire to make your life better." -- Glenn McDonald
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 10:52 AM
The Peoples Champ

Send a message via AIM to Type X Send a message via MSN to Type X Send a message via Yahoo to Type X
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixspeed
I can't answer any of your questions because I have not driven the automatic one. But I'm going to repeat your words: "get the 6MT to make yourself happy".
The fact that my wife can't drive it is an added bonus

i went with the auto
since my gf can use the "auto"
and i can use the SS bbbbb5

06' Fiji Blue Civic Si - w/ stuff

AIM - AlphamaleNYC
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 11:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type X
i went with the auto
since my gf can use the "auto"
and i can use the SS
That was what made me go with an automatic this time too. It was a last minute decision to go with the auto but I am happy with it now. I'll just have to get a "fun car" with a manual tranny later on.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 12:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSX 'R' US
That's what I felt when driving the AV6... the car also felt "floaty" (suspension) compared to the TSX...
I'd like to see a switch on the TSX like Lexus to choose the suspension level...

cuz I had a 4 hours massage on the trip to Montreal....Highway...
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 12:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Get the 6 MT. It has the nicest gearbox shifter I have ever driven. Car and Driver named the TSX to their top 10 but if you read the fine print, they raved about the 6 speed. While the auto is nice, it would just be a nice looking Accord. Coupled with the 6 speed, it is much nicer. Make yourself happy. Get an auto when you are in a wheelchair. Good luck.
Don't agree with you! Modern wheelchairs, as well as cars are fully adapted for disabled people. Just check how modern and sophisticated they can be:

There are so many of them available online, you can find more information if you need. And don't treat disabled people like that my friend!
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 12:39 PM
Registered Member

I looked for a decent deal on a manual TSX for a couple years before I stumbled across a killer deal on a slushbox TSX.

I recommend buying the manual, but I wouldn't pay $2K over a similar AT.

Good hunting!
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 09:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soap94 View Post
Don't agree with you! Modern wheelchairs, as well as cars are fully adapted for disabled people. Just check how modern and sophisticated they can be:

There are so many of them available online, you can find more information if you need. And don't treat disabled people like that my friend!
The point wasn't to stop driving if you're in a wheelchair; rather that there is an obvious physical requirement for two working legs/feet and two working arms/hands to operate a car with a manual transmission.

I know several ppl in WCs who are still independently mobile, they have hand controls added for driving their cars. But I can't imagine that they make hand controls for a clutch.

EDIT: holy cow, I stand corrected!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement