Crashed my Tsx! RIP to my first and favorite car! - Acura TSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Crashed my Tsx! RIP to my first and favorite car!

On June 4th my beloved 06 got totaled. It's a crazy situation, and I made it out with 2 scratches and no major injury. But im gonna admit now I could have been going slower. Speed was a factor why my reaction ended up taking me offroad. If I had gone slower, I could have regained control maybe. But I accept what happened, Judge me as a bad driver go ahead, Im only looking forward and I see nothing but good things (and logs).

So Im on this very curvy forest road, From a stop sign I make a hard right. After that it curves left hard, almost like a hairpin. I enter this turn going 40, I lightly hit the brakes as I feel under steer is coming soon and grip is giving a lot of feedback. As im braking a log appears that juts out the right side of the road, I veer left and make my front right tire adjacent to the log, almost successfully dodging it. Still weary of an oncoming car, I didn't jerk too hard. As I become adjacent with the log my back right tire kicks out into a ravine of super swampy mud and pulls me off road hard, there was a tire sized path (like it happened before) off along the road that my right tires then got stuck in. Im holding on and riding this ravine and try to recover my front tires on the road, I have 0 brakes now because my tires are locking up on the mud. I spin out. I have a glass bowl of oatmeal in my lap (hungry idiot) And toss it while bracing for impact. It shatters (i thought I broke all my windows or something) and then run into and rip 2 support tethers and then hit an electrical pole at 45 degrees right into the grill and roll past it. The steering wheel airbag goes off but my arms are so tense that I dont hit it with my face. My battery terminals immediately disconnected, couldn't unlock my door. In a panic I check that I can move then jump out the open drivers window. There's coolant smoke everywhere and sparks from this electrical pole. My hand is bleeding and my ankle is bruised. The adrenaline is pumping so hard that I didn't feel any pain. I run for help from traffic on the road. One man drives into the mud to help me, He seemed to shocked to do anything other than give me paper towels for my bleeding hand. Terrified about my car, because I love the tsx so much, I Run back towards the live wires like a moron to survey the damage to my front end. By the grace of god, I pull out my phone to call 911 and my phone had somehow already facetime called my uncle who lived nearby all by itself. He comes and we figure out the tow and electrical pole situation 2 electrical trucks, a fire truck, a tow truck and a policeman came onto the scene. I had knocked out power for a small neighborhood and made some folks miss the big caps game! It's so surreal typing this all out, but Im just thankful I didn't get hurt. I could have easily been ejected out my window and lost my life. The TSX took that pole like a champ! There's now 0 doubt to the previous 99% love I had for hondas. This was my first car ever! Im so glad to have this as my first car, I learned so much about cars by ****ing up and fixing all the mods I put on it. and gained my love for 4 cylinders in this car. The k24a2 is my favorite! Definitely swapping it in whatever future car I get. I really am set on another tsx, but I really want a manual this time. Im just biding my time until a 06+ PWP & ebony interior comes into my life again.

I really didn't want to believe there was frame damage. The pole pushed the bumper bar past the radiator and stopped right in front of the intake manifold. Also the passenger fender, door and rim got crumpled up a bit. The engine didn't move. But the frame on the bottom, where the front motor mount is got crumpled. The insurance called it totaled. I am now going to get my belongings and say goodbye to what I believe is Honda's BEST looking sedan with their BEST 4 cylinder motor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4522.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	898.2 KB
ID:	38130  

2006 PWP 5AT 124,XXX Miles (totaled, RIP)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

Thankfully you came out fine, but yeah sad to see a TSX bitten the dust. Don't know what mod you have, but the rear end of modified TSX can run away with abrupt directional change or weight transfer, so hopefully others keep this in mind when tuning for street use.

Did you notice VSA working?

04 TSX AT
My build thread - Comfort Sport Build

Engine
Phase 1: CT-E I/H, 06 air tube, 06 CAT, reflash
Phase 2: 06 intake cam, 45 VTC, RSP IM, FlashPro
Phase 2.1: HFC, 06 RBB IM
Phase 3: ASP header

Others
Tein CST 8-5 kg/mm with revalve, Progress RSB, Alutec strut bar
Skunk2 Front upper arms
XLR8 BBK (ST-41 4-pot caliper/SS line/One-piece slot rotor)

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyfever View Post
Thankfully you came out fine, but yeah sad to see a TSX bitten the dust. Don't know what mod you have, but the rear end of modified TSX can run away with abrupt directional change or weight transfer, so hopefully others keep this in mind when tuning for street use.

Did you notice VSA working?
I had some suspension and wheel mods.The extra grip does make me feel more planted, the side of this road was ridiculously steep, the parts that looked like were ground was just swamp there was nothing I could do then to regain control. I did not notice vsa come on during any time, when my tires locked up I didnt feel abs go off either but i could have not noticed it in the heat of the moment.

2006 PWP 5AT 124,XXX Miles (totaled, RIP)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement