Vibration at 60 and above - Page 3 - Acura TSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 07:35 PM
2005 TSX CGP 6-spd Nav

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oats View Post
I'm replacing my passenger axle this week and I will also be replacing the intermediate shaft bearing. It seems axle vibration could easily cause extra wear on the bearing as some people have reported vibration until it is replaced. The bearing is only $40 + $15 seal and I will never have easier access so I'm just doing it. Hopefully I can get the bearing out and the new one in without having to take it somewhere to be pressed.
Good luck to you I hope it fixes your issue. What type of vibration are you having? The 20-25?

Instagram: @CarbonGrayTSX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 01:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSXXXX View Post
Keep us posted on whether or not the intermediate shaft bearing helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bencunningham12 View Post
Good luck to you I hope it fixes your issue. What type of vibration are you having? The 20-25?
I had vibration under acceleration at 60-75ish mph. That issue is fixed now. The old intermediate shaft bearing had almost zero play in it, same as the new one once it was installed so it probably did nothing. It was only $60 in parts and very easy to change once the axle was out. My original post had a link to a how to but the post wasn't approved by the mods so Google it if you want to see how to do it.

My wheels/tires have a vibration between 65-75 too, they have been balanced a few times. When I swap my RX-8 wheels/tires on it is nice and smooth now. Lighter wheels/tires are next.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:55 AM
2005 TSX CGP 6-spd Nav

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oats View Post
I had vibration under acceleration at 60-75ish mph. That issue is fixed now. The old intermediate shaft bearing had almost zero play in it, same as the new one once it was installed so it probably did nothing. It was only $60 in parts and very easy to change once the axle was out. My original post had a link to a how to but the post wasn't approved by the mods so Google it if you want to see how to do it.

My wheels/tires have a vibration between 65-75 too, they have been balanced a few times. When I swap my RX-8 wheels/tires on it is nice and smooth now. Lighter wheels/tires are next.
Good to hear your vibration is gone I know how annoying that is. Doing coilovers this weekend then after that going to replace my driver axle. I suppose I will skip doing intermediate shaft since mine has no play as well and heeltoe auto also suggested that replacing it wouldn't help. Hopefully after both axles my 20-25 vibration will be gone, but I doubt it will help my 60+ vibration.

Thanks for keeping us updated and I will keep you guys updated as well. Any advice/ideas from new viewers would still be appreciated.

Instagram: @CarbonGrayTSX

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 02:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bencunningham12 View Post
Good to hear your vibration is gone I know how annoying that is. Doing coilovers this weekend then after that going to replace my driver axle. I suppose I will skip doing intermediate shaft since mine has no play as well and heeltoe auto also suggested that replacing it wouldn't help. Hopefully after both axles my 20-25 vibration will be gone, but I doubt it will help my 60+ vibration.

Thanks for keeping us updated and I will keep you guys updated as well. Any advice/ideas from new viewers would still be appreciated.
I've decided it didn't completely go away. I drove on a freshly paved road with a 60mph speed limit and there is still a tiny bit of vibration under acceleration at 60. I will probably end up replacing the driver side axle later. Right now the tires are far worse, and I would like to have wheels on my RX-8 again.

I also noticed a little clunk when the car is parked and I turn the steering wheel back and forth quickly. I was thinking about replacing the tie rods/ends and upper arms/ball joints just so everything is completely refreshed (Lowers were already done by the previous owner right before I bought it). I thought I would wait and do it when I lower the car so I only need 1 alignment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement